1 (edited by Jane H. 2021-10-26 18:08:31)

Topic: Big announcement tomorrow - (edit) new album Time Clocks !!!

saw a post on Joe's facebook page about a big announcement tomorrow
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=38 … 07520000..

anyone want to guess?

I'm guessing new album release announcement?

Re: Big announcement tomorrow - (edit) new album Time Clocks !!!

new single - The Heart That Never Waits - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nlCBDFfuSo - i like it

Jane H. wrote:

saw a post on Joe's facebook page about a big announcement tomorrow
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=38 … 07520000..

anyone want to guess?

I'm guessing new album release announcement?

You're right, Jane.  New album "Time Clocks".   His work output is phenomenal.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Yep, just received the email from Mascot this morning and now cannot remember the release date for it. This is really good here, love the background vocals

reo l wrote:

new single - The Heart That Never Waits - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nlCBDFfuSo - i like it

I remember pi R Squared in math class ............. wait, I know for sure Junior Sample told Grandpa "Pie are round, Cornbread are square"

October 29th 2021.
Is the release date given by the record label.
It can be pre-ordered now in various formats.

Lester

Lester wrote:

October 29th 2021.
Is the release date given by the record label.
It can be pre-ordered now in various formats.

Lester

At the JB shop you can order the usual signed CD insert and also the Vinyl booklet too....

https://shop.jbonamassa.com/collections/time-clocks

*Huge Knopfler & Bonamassa fan....
* Mr Kyps, Poole, UK is where Joe played his first ever UK gig in 2005 and was originally my middle school!!!!
*A fully fledged Cardboard 'cut out' audience member at the Ryman Auditorium 20/09/2020

7 (edited by Lester 2021-08-25 17:21:23)

Here is the MLG link for UK/EU.

Like the Rush inspired artwork.

https://www.mascotlabelgroup.com/collec … -bonamassa

JOE BONAMASSA ANNOUNCES NEW STUDIO ALBUM.
'TIME CLOCKS' MIXES IN A NEW PROGRESSIVE FLAVOR

Two-time GRAMMY-nominated guitarist and blues-rock titan Joe Bonamassa returns with a brand new studio album, 'Time Clocks', which will be released on October 29, 2021 via Provogue/Mascot Label Group.

'Time Clocks' is Joe's 15th solo studio album and fifth in a row of all original material and sees him at his most ambitious and diverse yet as he continues to redefine and push the barriers of blues-rock. On the ten songs of 'Time Clocks' Joe mixes in a new progressive rock flavor. The artwork is by legendary graphic designer Hugh Syme (Rush, Aerosmith, Megadeth, Dream Theater, Flying Colors).

'Time Clocks' will be released on limited edition gold/smoke marble vinyl (exclusive to the MLG stores), gold vinyl, black vinyl, CD and a limited edition Deluxe CD set. The Deluxe CD comes with 2 coasters, 3 guitar picks, and 10 art cards.

review https://www.rockandbluesmuse.com/2021/0 … e1xnC7jic8

official video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up0GIUtSX9k  - video quality is outstanding! finally - great video for Joe's song! can not even compare it to the mostly crap they filmed for previous albums. as for the song itself - like it, but can say already it will not be in my top 10 favorite songs (same goes for Noches ). waiting for the full album to came out. Really like the name - Time Clocks

I liked the video too, and the song. I would like to hear Joe be a little more specific about both but not a need. Its clear what he is getting at I think and am glad he was able to put in a song so nicely.
I look forward to the whole album.
i noticed Kevin Shirley had commented on his facebook...a while back that it was maybe the best album he has worked on...and then more recently that this album "will change lives"
The two songs for me haven't made me that much of a believer yet - not that there is anything wrong with the songs but not life changing.

and not to go too off topic but Caveman had also mentioned recently that he would like a chance to re-do BCC LOE. I am so curious what/why/how etc. 

Anyway back on topic. I don
't follow everything he says but those comments about the new Joe album stuck out to me. I hadn't noticed him saying those things before.

It seems to me that the tracks he has released as teasers for a new album are not always the best  ones.
  Almost like the most vanilla that may appeal to the  masses.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

It seems to me that the tracks he has released as teasers for a new album are not always the best  ones.

Yes, I thought about it a lot lately - how is it determined which track is being released as a teaser.

Jane H. wrote:

i noticed Kevin Shirley had commented on his facebook...a while back that it was maybe the best album he has worked on...and then more recently that this album "will change lives"
. I don
't follow everything he says but those comments about the new Joe album stuck out to me. I hadn't noticed him saying those things before.

And here is another post from Kevin   " This album is going to be a game changer!  https://www.instagram.com/p/CT8GnxrhvKA/

Yes, very uncharacteristic behavior. Makes one wonder....

Hope its something I can love instantly like ANDY or So It's Like That , not something I have to "warm up" to

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

15 (edited by reo l 2021-09-18 18:52:58)

DougH wrote:

Hope its something I can love instantly like ANDY or So It's Like That , not something I have to "warm up" to

It is so interesting and fascinating how people tastes are so different. I've been thinking a lot about it lately. The only two albums that I had to warm up to were Blues of Desperation and the whole BCC project. At the same time it was an instant love for so many people. And how I absolutely was smitten with RCFP and it is my special  favorite that I find fantastic, and yet it goes hardly noticed by a general fan base. Sigh...

If the new album is anything like the two songs that we heard, it is going to be Blues of Desperation II.

16 (edited by DougH 2021-09-19 05:58:46)

Hey Reo. Had to re-read my sentence to make sure I said it right, , yup it reads fine.
Love ANDY and so it's like that,  and when he did RAH-1 in 2009 that's the video I turn to introduce people to Joe first.
BCC1 kind of cool esp with Song if Yesterday,  but usually skip my BCC mp3's in the car when they come on.

It was a slow slide of albums to Redemption,, which really took some time to warm up to.
Royal Tea,,  umm a bit weird in subject matter,
But I love playing along with Why's It Take So Long to type this song title out.(To Say Goodbye)
Just can't do his solo.

Hopping for a good one in 2021

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

LOL I would LOVE for Blues of Desperation 2
Joe used to joke around that after Blues Deluxe, so many fans wanted Blues Deluxe 2 so I used to ask for So Its Like That 2...until Blues Of Desperation came out then its been Blues Of Desperation 2

I'm a huge fan of BCC but it did take me a while to warm up to some of it

I've never felt like any of the albums were follow ups of the others ....really looking forward to this album

I heard Joe in one of his interviews lately talk about how he does get surprised at fan reactions compared to how he feels about some of his works...I think he mentioned Redemption...Self Inflicted Wounds...which I think is stellar but also that album is so heavy blues I don't play it often but it comes under category of best rather than favorite if that makes sense. I have trouble putting it all into words of how much the music means to me and getting new stuff so often.

I listened to Notches last night for the first time since it was released, and I liked it a bit more on second listen.  I'm also one who doesn't think the first single released has been the strongest for a lot of his albums, but that's okay, different strokes for different folks.  All of his albums have some great stuff, even if every song doesn't connect with me.  That's life... (and probably 95% of  all the albums I own).