1 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2021-01-20 10:07:09)

Topic: store support? Royal Tea Deluxe Package

Happy new year!

Back in September, I bought the Royal Tea Deluxe Package, which was supposed to be a live stream of a live performance, and then I'd get a tshirt in the mail. The only thing that came was the Tshirt. I struggled to get a reply from customerservice email when I tried to get any download codes, and still haven't received any replies. I don't think a $72.54 tshirt is good, but I just want to ask whom I can talk to about this. I don't want to be a pain, I'd just like to know what went wrong, and how it can be made right.

Peace and blues!
Nic from Detroit

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: store support? Royal Tea Deluxe Package

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

Happy new year!

Back in September, I bought the Royal Tea Deluxe Package, which was supposed to be a live stream of a live performance, and then I'd get a tshirt in the mail. The only thing that came was the Tshirt. I struggled to get a reply from customerservice email when I tried to get any download codes, and still haven't received any replies. I don't think a $72.54 tshirt is good, but I just want to ask whom I can talk to about this. I don't want to be a pain, I'd just like to know what went wrong, and how it can be made right.

Peace and blues!
Nic from Detroit

Hey NIc,
Definitely try to call the number Jane posted. I pretty sure i ordered the deluxe package it had a mouse pad, pick tin, tshirt, mug, and magnet. You should get Tamara if not leave your number and she will call you back. I spoke to her back on the 15th, but it was a day or two after i had sent an email. She is awesome and always very helpful!

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"