Re: Royal Tea 23 October 2020

“...Royal Tea.. . It’s out today.. Now, all that’s left is to figure out if you prefer one lump or two in your Earl Grey.

Bonaknopfler wrote:

Ooooh, no lumps (sugar) in Earl Grey tea, Joe!

You seriously need to try Yorkshire tea 'Malty biscuit' & Toast and Jam tea!!!

Unforgivable probably, with all that stiff stuffiness of the routine, but, while this link lasts (pre-forgive the improper tea pot! roll), I think what Joeking Joe was critically suggesting was, go ahead and have at it, knock yourself out: https://youtu.be/UKyhTX9LQEA

Joe just keeps getting better over time.  This album IS sweet!  Hit Me!!!

Rock ON & Keep UP The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I did the Target pre-order with in-store pick up option. It arrived yesterday but I wasn't able to get over there until a little earlier today:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52889850@ … ed-public/

For what it's worth, the store where I picked up my order had another six copies on display in their CD department, but at the regular price ($3.00 more than I paid for the pre-order).

Going to gorge on new Joe right after dinner! cool

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Are we supposed to get an email with the link or is it somewhere else?

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

samjp4 wrote:

Are we supposed to get an email with the link or is it somewhere else?

Sandy

For all who purchased the Ryman show and are entitled to the 'Royal Tea' album download, just to say 'Log in' to your 'Watch Joe Bonamassa' account and

Select - Manage Subscription.
Select - view product
Select - start watching

And Voila - 'Bonus download'

*Huge Knopfler & Bonamassa fan....
* Mr Kyps, Poole, UK is where Joe played his first ever UK gig in 2005 and was originally my middle school!!!!
*A fully fledged Cardboard 'cut out' audience member at the Ryman Auditorium 20/09/2020

reo l wrote:
whirlwind wrote:

Who is playing harmonica on the Lookout Man video....great stuff

Errol linton http://errollinton.com/

Thanks

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

60 (edited by gary 2020-10-25 08:27:51)

Digging the new album
Havent seen any comments about the Target bonus tracks
  Havent had a chance to get  to Target and wondering if its worth picking it up for  the bonus tracks?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Jane H. wrote:

I think so. I only have a listen in but I love the Dont  You Do Me No Favours just for the lyrical theme. CLASSIC! smile TRUTH

and Don't Hand Me Your HangUps follows it up nicely
i hadnt looked at the track list when I first listened. Savannah finishes up the regular album well but these two bonus tracks fit well and make it a more complete album IMO idk...
but I'll be on the road again today and will get more listens in

I agree, I think I like these as much or better than the bonus tracks on other albums.  They're solid songs and fit in nicely.  Glad I was able to pick that up.

Bonaknopfler wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

Got my [embossed tin] copy yesterday..... LOVE IT!!!! Not too sure yet about the opening track and one other, but the boy Bernie Marsden can still write a kicking song or 3....

The tin is great isn't it? I personally have listened through a few times now and the album really grows on you. Joe's solely written 'Beyond the Silence' is still my favourite.....

Yeah, agree with you on Beyond The Silence; also really like Why Does It Take So Long To Say Goodbye. Definitely has a "British" flavour, like hamburger smothered in HP Sauce.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

ZeyerGTR wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

I think so. I only have a listen in but I love the Dont  You Do Me No Favours just for the lyrical theme. CLASSIC! smile TRUTH

and Don't Hand Me Your HangUps follows it up nicely
i hadnt looked at the track list when I first listened. Savannah finishes up the regular album well but these two bonus tracks fit well and make it a more complete album IMO idk...
but I'll be on the road again today and will get more listens in

I agree, I think I like these as much or better than the bonus tracks on other albums.  They're solid songs and fit in nicely.  Glad I was able to pick that up.

Are the bonus tracks ballads or uptempo songs?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

They're

gary wrote:

Are the bonus tracks ballads or uptempo songs?

Don't You Do Me No Favous is a mid-tempo R&B song that veers into straight up rock in the bridge.

Don't Hang Me Your Hangups is an uptempo blues.

Sooooo happy as my hand signed copy along with a few other 'Bona' goodies are on their way.
So that will be a few weeks before they get to the UK....

So just the Gold Vinyl/CD set to buy and that's all formats covered for this album!!

* Mr Kyps, Poole, UK is where Joe played his first ever UK gig in 2005 and was originally my middle school!!!!
*A fully fledged Cardboard 'cut out' audience member at the Ryman Auditorium 20/09/2020

Any chance of anyone kind enough to send me the two bonus tracks via PM please??

BansheeUK wrote:
Bonaknopfler wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

Got my [embossed tin] copy yesterday..... LOVE IT!!!! Not too sure yet about the opening track and one other, but the boy Bernie Marsden can still write a kicking song or 3....

The tin is great isn't it? I personally have listened through a few times now and the album really grows on you. Joe's solely written 'Beyond the Silence' is still my favourite.....

Yeah, agree with you on Beyond The Silence; also really like Why Does It Take So Long To Say Goodbye. Definitely has a "British" flavour, like hamburger smothered in HP Sauce.

I agree with you 'Why does it take so long to say goodbye' is absolutely awesome and I'm loving playing it on my Strat!
It most certainly has a 'British' feel and it eeks Gary Moore to me....

Mind you that said, I love all the tracks on the album very much....

68 (edited by Bonaknopfler 2020-10-27 05:42:53)

Straight into No.6 in the Album charts!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/officialchar … 3228553217

Bonaknopfler wrote:

Any chance of anyone kind enough to send me the two bonus tracks via PM please??

Me too please

Pre-ordered from Target a few weeks ago, and only shipped yesterday. No hurry I guess.  I hope the extra tracks are worth the wait.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Imho and strictly Imho: bonus rtacks are a little underwhelming in contrast with brilliant album. Very good, but....  Probably have to listen few more times.

(  bty tracks are on YT already )

reo l wrote:

Imho and strictly Imho: bonus rtacks are a little underwhelming in contrast with brilliant album. Very good, but....  Probably have to listen few more times.

reo l wrote:

reo l wrote:

Thank you Reo. you always know all the news about Joe. Very cool