Re: A New Day Now

boogie33 wrote:

I have just seen a new Pelaton commercial featuring a "new day" track. Anyone else seen it?

Im so curious...watched a bunch of youtubes of their commercials...only one i found Joe related is one with some other version of Feeling Good, which Joe covered on The Ballad of John Henry. Is that what you heard?

Jane H. wrote:
boogie33 wrote:

I have just seen a new Pelaton commercial featuring a "new day" track. Anyone else seen it?

Im so curious...watched a bunch of youtubes of their commercials...only one i found Joe related is one with some other version of Feeling Good, which Joe covered on The Ballad of John Henry. Is that what you heard?

Nope. It was a Peloton commercial. There is a drug company commercial using "Feeling Good" also.

57 (edited by danielcoulson92 2020-12-09 05:48:46)

BarbieD wrote:

I received my CD a couple of weeks ago but only just yesterday had a chance to break into it. I LOVE IT! In all honesty, I didn't listen to the original that much - too much rasp for my taste. But this is perfect! Considering how great the whole CD is, the frosting on the cake for me is the three bonus tracks! OMG - Hey Mona, a little heavy, a little trippy; I Want You, Joe channeling his inner punk self; Line of Denial, a nice jamming tune. I could listen to just these three songs all day long!

Royal Tea started playing after A New Day Now and about half way through I had to switch back. It wasn't doing it for me - at all. But I'll give it a chance later, when I'm done with A New Day Now. Just not sure when that will be.

Yeah, this was definitely a good one. "Hey Mona" is going into the "on repeat" playlist for sure!

A loyal Joe Bonamassa fan from Texas and a professional writer at pro-essay-writer.com/blog/apa-style-format

boogie33 wrote:
Jane H. wrote:
boogie33 wrote:

Nope. It was a Peloton commercial. There is a drug company commercial using "Feeling Good" also.

It was a version of "feelin good" on the Pelaton commercial and the drug commercial.

59 (edited by Jane H. 2020-12-21 14:39:03)

LOL cool thanks for letting me know....it didn't TOTALLY drive me crazy because i was already there but i did twice watch many of their commercials on youtube trying to figure it out.
there was this TV show called Boston Public i think...was on around when i was first a Joe fan in 2003...and i recall seeing an episode where some of the characters were in a diner / soda shop or something after school and I remember i thought it was Joe's song No Slack on the jukebox on the show...this was before youtube etc if i recall correctly...but when ii think of it i spend ridiculous amounts of time seein what people posted on youtube in case i could find that episode to be sure of my memory. Then mad i spent so much time over something silly
Anyway thanks for telling us about it...and always interested in hearing any more of your Joe experiences or fave song/album etc.

boogie33 wrote:
Jane H. wrote:
boogie33 wrote:

Also saw a new drug maker, Trelegy using "Feeling Good". And I was wrong when I said Peleton was using " a new day" when it was actually "Feeling Good". I have tickets to see Joe this fall In Ft. Wayne In. Crossing my fingers!!

i think i heard that commercial too. Actually i always scatched my head why Joe did that cover...i mean he does it well but he used to have a policy of only obscure covers and others released covers of it same year plus the scads of other recordings...blahblahblah and other reasons i wondered why now, back then.

not to go off topic too much but glad to hear about your tickets. Did that show recently go on sale or was it rescheduled?
i saw that a Baltimore venue Joe frequents is  bookin broadway shows for fall.
to bring it back to topic though, of course Ft. Wayne is a Joe historic town as it was where a New Day Yesterday Live was filmed big_smile

Jane H. wrote:

i think i heard that commercial too. Actually i always scatched my head why Joe did that cover...i mean he does it well but he used to have a policy of only obscure covers and others released covers of it same year plus the scads of other recordings...blahblahblah and other reasons i wondered why now, back then.

not to go off topic too much but glad to hear about your tickets. Did that show recently go on sale or was it rescheduled?
i saw that a Baltimore venue Joe frequents is  bookin broadway shows for fall.
to bring it back to topic though, of course Ft. Wayne is a Joe historic town as it was where a New Day Yesterday Live was filmed big_smile

He does have a great story behind Ft. Wayne. I have seen him 3 times there, and once in South Bend. A very long time local rock n roll DJ, Doc West, brought Joe into town before he was even 18. Funny thing happened. The venue he was schedule to play had a 18 yr old minimum age, so Joe couldn't get in. They moved the concert to the National Guard Armory. This one is a rescheduled event from last fall. He now plays at the famous 100+ yr old Embassy Theater.