Re: A New Day Now

I'm finally getting chance to listen...I swear its become so hard for me to pay attention closely so i can make specific comments. I'll start and end up getting interrupted by others or most often by my own mind. I'll try to focus then mind just says hey that reminds me of this blahblah then next thing I know the song is over
i also just have the live versions ingrained in my brain. Even though i broke out the original ANDy in prep for getting this, I want to go back to that which each song to compare...like once I was like oh different solo or outtro there but not sure if i was just thinking of the live version blahblah

overall I am enjoying it very much and its well done IMO. i do have some specific comments but want some more listens as i often change my view

I really enjoy the previously unreleased stuff!!! it is how they described...a nice look into Joe at that time
definitely my least favorite singing in there but hearing Joe sing I want  you over and over was pleasant and surprising!

i forget which ones and where but regarding the music, one of them reminded me slightly of Sick in Love and one of them reminded of Last Kiss or maybe its Lonesome Road Blues, only little parts

I'll be back with more comments but glad to have this release

I'm really enjoying this release.....still haven't had a lot of time to concentrate on it or go back to the original more to compare, but I have gotten more listens in and forgot what a really great album it is to begin with. The singing is better yes but also didn't change style as much as i was kind of fearing. I still get the same feels from it big_smile

IDK, I'll have to toss this idea around in my head more but I might like it more than SILT...but don't quote me on that yet

I am really enjoying the bonus tracks too , Hey Mona the least of the three....

I don't know why I was questioning why on this release before. I don't know why it didn't hit me until the other day how awesome it is to have this re-released. For so long I just wanted Rock lovers to know this kind of rock was out there....I'm hoping it might lead to more rock requests from Joe fans not just Blues requests. not that it matters that much but I just think there has long been a void of easy access to new good rock and I have long though Joe could / should / would reinvigorate the rock world with this sort of unique quality / style....not sure how to say whats in my head but the point is it is a celebration feeling for me with this release beyond just having the music.

I'm wondering what some of the guitarists think about the bonus songs solos.

Im also sooo curious how much of the non guitar parts were written...like the intro to one song...sounded kind of familiar i think its guitar bass and drum but the tone? note? idk is just a little different than the song its familiar with to me (that i cant place name of) so i wonder is that all Joe? Like I don't think he does for all his songs but how much does he create all the parts and how much is him bringing guitar parts and the rest evolves via team he is working with

anyway also it seems like i get one louder out of it in my truck stereo too (meh stereo) !!

Instagram is back........

( - just saw this on Twitter : shedding another layer off my heart* I’m sure it’s fine... )

No new comments from me yet but this release also got me wondering again, for the zillionth time, how my old forum friend David is doing. David where are you????????
He posted as David, from Rome, NY although i think he was planning to maybe move to Florida . https://forum.jbonamassa.com/profile.php?id=24

Really miss talking to him.....and wondering if he has heard this re-release? he wasn't into the bigger band and faded away from here but just miss him as a friend otherwise. Just posting this in case he might decide to look around here if he heard about this cd.. (and wtf David, want to know your opinion on BCC)

anyway its a long shot but thanks for indulging me to post this shout out.

I cant stop singing Hey Rona to Hey Mona big_smile

I really love A New Day Now....got good listen in while stuck in traffic yesterday...i dont have the liner notes with me but look forward to reading them after noticing little things here and there. I could really sense how much Joe put into this edition....

I received my CD a couple of weeks ago but only just yesterday had a chance to break into it. I LOVE IT! In all honesty, I didn't listen to the original that much - too much rasp for my taste. But this is perfect! Considering how great the whole CD is, the frosting on the cake for me is the three bonus tracks! OMG - Hey Mona, a little heavy, a little trippy; I Want You, Joe channeling his inner punk self; Line of Denial, a nice jamming tune. I could listen to just these three songs all day long!

Royal Tea started playing after A New Day Now and about half way through I had to switch back. It wasn't doing it for me - at all. But I'll give it a chance later, when I'm done with A New Day Now. Just not sure when that will be.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

BarbieD wrote:

I received my CD a couple of weeks ago but only just yesterday had a chance to break into it. I LOVE IT! In all honesty, I didn't listen to the original that much - too much rasp for my taste. But this is perfect! Considering how great the whole CD is, the frosting on the cake for me is the three bonus tracks! OMG - Hey Mona, a little heavy, a little trippy; I Want You, Joe channeling his inner punk self; Line of Denial, a nice jamming tune. I could listen to just these three songs all day long!

Royal Tea started playing after A New Day Now and about half way through I had to switch back. It wasn't doing it for me - at all. But I'll give it a chance later, when I'm done with A New Day Now. Just not sure when that will be.

The early Joe can be quite addicting as it got me here. New Joe is different.
So its possible hearing  Royal T after New Day put your mind in a different mode. Im  impressed with Royal T  as I was worried it was going to be too slow paced for my liking. But its not as much that as I thought. 
His vocals are a world better on the remake.
   However I am partial to the live version. The guitar is just crazy on that live album.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I think it's great to revisit older albums and to hear the changes through the years. I personally haven't got a favourite album as I like them all.....mind you Royal Tea is most definitely up there!!

*Huge Knopfler & Bonamassa fan....
* Mr Kyps, Poole, UK is where Joe played his first ever UK gig in 2005 and was originally my middle school!!!!
*A fully fledged Cardboard 'cut out' audience member at the Ryman Auditorium 20/09/2020

Jane H. wrote:

I'm really enjoying this release.....still haven't had a lot of time to concentrate on it or go back to the original more to compare, but I have gotten more listens in and forgot what a really great album it is to begin with. The singing is better yes but also didn't change style as much as i was kind of fearing. I still get the same feels from it big_smile

IDK, I'll have to toss this idea around in my head more but I might like it more than SILT...but don't quote me on that yet

I am really enjoying the bonus tracks too , Hey Mona the least of the three....

I don't know why I was questioning why on this release before. I don't know why it didn't hit me until the other day how awesome it is to have this re-released. For so long I just wanted Rock lovers to know this kind of rock was out there....I'm hoping it might lead to more rock requests from Joe fans not just Blues requests. not that it matters that much but I just think there has long been a void of easy access to new good rock and I have long though Joe could / should / would reinvigorate the rock world with this sort of unique quality / style....not sure how to say whats in my head but the point is it is a celebration feeling for me with this release beyond just having the music.

I'm wondering what some of the guitarists think about the bonus songs solos.

Im also sooo curious how much of the non guitar parts were written...like the intro to one song...sounded kind of familiar i think its guitar bass and drum but the tone? note? idk is just a little different than the song its familiar with to me (that i cant place name of) so i wonder is that all Joe? Like I don't think he does for all his songs but how much does he create all the parts and how much is him bringing guitar parts and the rest evolves via team he is working with

anyway also it seems like i get one louder out of it in my truck stereo too (meh stereo) !!

Jane.I know you like me prefer the rock side of Joe. I just wanted to comment on current rock music. There are several bands I would suggest just a few here  to tickle  your rock toes.
Bad Touch their newest and Shake a Leg album. The new Blues Pills, Electric Mary ‘s newest album,Magnolia Bayou,Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown Truth and  Lies album .Blindstone anything and Super Vintage anything
If your not aware of any of these it fits the bill for those who don't know rock is not not dead .

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I was fascinated by the idea of going back and not only remixing, but re-singing and re-guitar...ing? Amazing idea! Especially with Kevin Shirley doing the remix, in my mind the best ear in the business.

Given how much Joe’s voice as grown and his confidence in it, I was looking forward to hearing them redone, and haven’t been disappointed.

Now about the bonus tracks....

Pretty clear that Joe wrote Hey Mona while listening to the Foo Fighters. Heck, the song Colour and Shape seems taken from the Foo Fighters album title The Colour and the Shape. I had to do a double-take and look at my phone because I thought it was playing a Foo Fighters song. I almost thought early Dave Grohl was singing it. I dug it because it was such a tribute to the music of that 2000 era.

I Want You was clearly a tribute to something like the Ramones or the Sex Pistols, and another style you don’t normally hear Joe do. I thought it was great fun!

Line of Denial I got sort of a Black Crowes, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots vibe. It seems to connect pretty clearly to his Black Country Communion ouvre.

I pretty much like all of them for the fact they don’t sound like Bonamassa songs, but he’s stretching into other genres. I’m waiting for his foray into Symphonic Metal though....

I have just seen a new Pelaton commercial featuring a "new day" track. Anyone else seen it?

49 (edited by murfdog 2020-11-14 03:24:17)

Okay, so the biggest surprise and joy of this disc are the 3 "bonus tracks...Who is that with Joe and what are these tracks all about and why do they sound so different ? Then i looked at the liner notes and was pleasantly surprised to see Joe teaming up with S Van Zandt for these tunes. Definitely a different feel and i love it, especially "I want You"...that sounds eerily like an Offspring tune...very cool , Joe....Love to see this kind of growth from you. The rest of this disc is very interesting, as it's labeled as a new version, which is certainly appropriate...you can never exactly duplicate an album and i see the solos, tempos, and singing are definitely a little different than the original...very exciting ! By the way...those bonus tracks sound like they were recorded during the Royal Tea sessions, which I will be weighing in on soon...they ROCK ! Way to go Joe !

Murfdog

Just forgot to mention..even if you have original ANDY...this one is a must !

Murfdog

boogie33 wrote:

I have just seen a new Pelaton commercial featuring a "new day" track. Anyone else seen it?

Welcome to the forum! That's interesting...first I've heard about that

52 (edited by sally12333 2020-11-15 09:58:14)

boogie33 wrote:

Very cool!  Which track?

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Jane H. wrote:
boogie33 wrote:

I was sure I heard it in the commercial, and then you tubed it to prove I wasn't just a little foggy.

boogie33 wrote:
Jane H. wrote:
boogie33 wrote:

I was sure I heard it in the commercial, and then you tubed it to prove I wasn't just a little foggy.

Gaaahhh, can't find it...what's the YouTube name please?

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy