1 (edited by Jane H. 2020-06-26 16:16:09)

Topic: A New Day Now

https://shop.jbonamassa.com/collections/a-new-day-now
Ooh three bonus tracks

Here's Cradle Rock ! 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CamIRMeIwbU

TWO-TIME GRAMMY-NOMINATED
BLUES-ROCK ICON JOE BONAMASSA
CELEBRATES 20th ANNIVERSARY OF CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED DEBUT ALBUM A NEW DAY YESTERDAY

REMIXED, REMASTERED AND RE-SUNG SPECIAL NEW EDITION TITLED A NEW DAY NOW TO BE RELEASED ON AUGUST 7TH VIA J&R ADVENTURES

June 26, 2020 – Twenty years ago, Joe Bonamassa took the music world by storm when he released his debut solo album A New Day Yesterday. Though he’d already been on the scene for years as a child prodigy and even opened for B.B. King at the age of 12. The album launched a career that, two decades later, has seen Bonamassa rise to the top of his field with most recently being named Guitar World’s #1 top blues guitarist in the world. Today, the blues-rock titan announces a revamped version to be released on August 7th via J&R Adventures, that has been completely re-sung by Bonamassa and remixed and remastered by long-time producer Kevin Shirley. The first single “Cradle Rock” out today as part of the celebration.

In custom Bonamassa fashion, Joe has shared a personal message to fans, straight from his “Nerdville” home. “The reason we went back and remixed it, and re-sang it, and pulled from the original masters was because I never felt like I deserved a guy like Tom Dowd to produce my first album,” he confesses. “I was an infant as far as being an artist. Tom saw a little pebble in a stream, that could travel down and eventually become this nugget of gold, if you want to call it that, and he had a vision for me that I didn’t see. I appreciate that and I wanted to pay tribute to him as a man who mentored me through that time. I hope you guys enjoy it.”

He continues, “Tom Dowd was a master of everything he endeavored on. There was no second rate, there was no compromise on quality of absolutions and results. I wasn’t developed enough as a musician myself to rise to his level. I certainly gave it my all and rose to the occasion grading on the curve of the musician I am today, the musician Tom always knew was inside my soul. I decided to enlist the help of another producer and mentor that has significantly impacted my life both on a personal basis and professionally, Mr. Kevin Shirley to help re-mix, re-sing and finally pay tribute to Tom as I tried to so hard to when he was alive. I have been extremely fortunate in my life to have been surrounded by two of the best most brilliant record producers anyone could have dreamed to be associated with. We included some crude demos and recordings I did at 75 Campbell Ave when I was just a teenager, and alternate versions of songs you are familiar with partly because some of the master tapes have been lost. Yes, I did say tapes. It is never lost on me how lucky I have been and continue to be by your support over these past 20 years. Enjoy the trip down memory lane… I know I did.”

A longtime producer and collaborator, Kevin Shirley adds, “as time has gone by, Joe’s vocal style, particularly, has changed enormously. He’s grown from an adolescent shouter to a very mature and soulful singer. From early on in our working relationship, Joe has mentioned that he would really like to have another shot at those vocals, and asked that if he did redo them, would I remix his first solo album.”

When A New Day Yesterday was initially released, Chuck Taylor of Billboard was an early supporter, praising Bonamassa as "a bold talent, who rises above narrow radio formatics.” The album includes six original tracks written by Bonamassa, along with six cover songs from historically renowned blues and rock artists. In addition, Shirley notes, “added to this album are three bonus songs which Stevie Van Zandt produced for Joe. They’re a terrific look at where Joe was coming from, what he was looking for and how he has developed over the years.” The bonus tracks are unreleased demos from a 1997 studio session before Joe had any record deals. They have never been heard before and come from a time when Zandt was Bonamassa’s biggest cheerleader in the industry.

Now, even as Bonamassa continues to release new music from his recordings at Abbey Road Studios, including last month’s intricate ballad titled “When One Door Opens,” he takes a moment to shine light on the album that started it all. A New Day Now is a chance for the icon to revisit his past and revitalize the indelible anthology with his years of experience and artistry.

The Abbey Road studio recordings and A New Day Now follow Bonamassa’s recent instrumental side project called The Sleep Eazys, who released their critically-acclaimed debut album, Easy To Buy, Hard To Sell, this spring. The album, which the Associated Press touted as making “instrumental dreams,” was produced by Bonamassa and features some of his frequent collaborators, along with his all-star touring band. The Sleep Eazys project is Joe’s second time in the studio as a producer, after Reese Wynans’ long-awaited debut solo album Sweet Release.

Never a dull moment, Joe is still cranking out weekly programming for Sirius XM’s Bluesville channel for his radio show “Different Shades Of Blue.” In the early weeks of quarantine, Bonamassa took to social media to give a special behind-the-scenes look at his “Nerdville” home in California. More recently, he kicked off a new at-home series “Live From Nerdville” on his Facebook and YouTube page, featuring episodes with Neal Schon of Journey, John Oates of Hall & Oates, Walter Trout, and esteemed singer-songwriter Dion. On June 5, Bonamassa released music icon Dion’s new album Blues With Friends on he and his Manager Roy Weisman’s new record label Keeping The Blues Alive Records and Dion’s first single “Blues Comin’ On” also features Bonamassa on slide guitar.

Track Listing:

Cradle Rock
Walk In My Shadow
A New Day Yesterday
I Know Where I Belong
Miss You, Hate You
Nuthin' I Wouldn't Do (For A Woman Like You)
Colour And Shape
Headaches To Heartbreaks
Trouble Waiting
If Heartaches Were Nickels
Current Situation
Don't Burn Down That Bridge

BONUS TRACKS

Hey Mona
I Want You
Line Of Denial

2 (edited by dknight16 2020-06-26 17:13:14)

Re: A New Day Now

I’ll definitely pick this up.  But I love the original album, so I’m actually a bit concerned it will sound like a covers album to me.  Joe’s vocal style in the last few years is very good, but quite honestly not his best for me.  That would be the Dust Bowl / Beacon Theatre / Driving Towards The Daylight time period.  Hard to believe that was nearly a decade ago!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

3 (edited by Lester 2020-07-27 14:04:44)

You wait months for a studio album and then two come along together.
I see the bonus tracks originate from 1997.

It’s the original recording (remastered) with new vocals.

Maybe we’ll see Joe tour again as a power trio, at least the social distancing would be easier!

Here’s a link for EU/UK customers

https://mascotlabelgroup.myshopify.com/ … day-now-cd

Lester

I actually really enjoyed that new remaster of Cradle Rock.

Joe's vocals do sound different but it still blends very well and has a bit of growl (probably all those cigars).

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

I will be very curious on how this will sound.
  I assume that there is a consensus that there is enough of an improvement to warrant a rerelease.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

6 (edited by reo l 2020-06-28 14:36:49)

Can't wait for this album. It has some of my favorite Joe's songs ( Colour and Shape, Miss You Hate You ). Love the new Cradle Rock, although the version on New Day Yesterday Live is my all times favorite. And looking forward to bonus tracks!!! What a great surprise - new, unreleased songs.

Also I personally absolutely love how Joe's voice sounds now. It is my special pleasure to listen to him sing.

P.S. definitely getting  face coffee mug - cause that is exactly my facial expression first thing in the morning before my first cup of coffee - thrilled smile  https://shop.jbonamassa.com/products/a- … rtrait-mug  smile *LOVE*

Shame Joe didn’t re-record the whole album with Anton and Michael at Abbey Road.

Lester

not sure if this is the album that needed a vocal redo.. I think probably So It's Like That is the one where the vocals are pushed horse.
I was never a big Cradle Rock fan.
but Colour and Shape and Were Nickels , (plus ANDY Live Are You Experienced are great0

just wish Joe would put this much vigor into his playing again though.. yeah I know we all get old and slow down, but just the pick attack alone.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

not sure if this is the album that needed a vocal redo.. I think probably So It's Like That is the one where the vocals are pushed horse.
I was never a big Cradle Rock fan.
but Colour and Shape and Were Nickels , (plus ANDY Live Are You Experienced are great0

just wish Joe would put this much vigor into his playing again though.. yeah I know we all get old and slow down, but just the pick attack alone.

I would love a remake of theSo It’s like That album. It’s really getting me back into the music after kinda falling out of love the last year or so. Really makes me miss his pre Different Shades tone but really enjoying this renewed vigor.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

I don't want a remake of SILT but I have always wanted a SILT II  big_smile

been enjoying listening to the first ANDY lately...been a while.
it was funny i put it in my truck and the stereo put a pic of a girl in ten gallon hat and labeled it Country big_smile
i was also remembering how i have a couple different versions of ANDY...they are not together. I know one had a different picture in the booklet or the back cover. and I think one has different printing on the disc.

I'll have to dig out my Color and Shape single...has 3 versions of Color and Shape and three versions of If HEartaches Were Nickels

glad the kept the cover mostyl the same. I should have pulled up the other thread we had on this instead of starting a new one...i forget what I said or where I read/heard butat first I just didnt get why re-do album...didnt seem like a tribute to re-do it idk but in an interview Joe explained why he wanted to do it to tribute it and it made lots of sense to me

looking forward to it...got to pre-order....resisting the limited edition box thing...and as soon as i preorder will want something else...i did see lots of shirts on sale now though....boy do they get me with the merch!

Anyone have any idea of the pin that comes in the Platinum Box Set is a limited numbered pin?

i would think so because the package was limited. It should be...but they are selling 1000 not the 100 the limited pins usually are. I see it says cert of authenticity so you can at least show you bought the items as the set. I don't know if its just the actual box that will be limited though. You could check with the store if it makes the difference.
I've been a little confused on their use of 'limited' since the first bobblehead big_smile
Its a cool pin. It reminds me of the ANDY cover but also Simpsons clouds.

I haven't pre-ordered yet. That set is tempting but I'll prob just get the cd from this release. I wait though because the store sales always get me and I'll prob add a tshirt...and now they have a garden gnome!!!!

They have a picture of that pin on the store in the link to the box set! Looks sharp, I don't know if it's numbered or not, they don't show the back and they really don't say!

holeshot1982 wrote:

Anyone have any idea of the pin that comes in the Platinum Box Set is a limited numbered pin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTXV5g0jB4s

Colour and Shape

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Thanks!
It's good! That's a special song.....I had to take a couple of deep breaths before listening......I am still not over Joe redoing Around the Bend so I was skeptical.
I liked it though and I enjoyed the video. While listening ...the lyrics also help me understand it's ok for Joe to redo his own songs big_smile. Cant help wondering why its 7 days not 7 days pass?

Kevin Shirley talks about new album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB_WNv4 … e=emb_logo

xavier it's cool thanks

18 (edited by Lester 2020-07-27 14:06:46)

The record label website is showing a release date of 7th August.

https://mascotlabelgroup.myshopify.com/ … -bonamassa

Lester