Eight white horses in a line
Eight white horses outta time
Gonna lay me down
Lay me deep in that cold ground

In all of you I confide
All my demons inside
Execution's been stayed
No decisions have been made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Dl1e4afnY - this song hits all my musical buttons in just the right time. Love how it sounds how two songs folded into each other. Beautiful melody, wowey amazing  heavy solo, the again beautiful sliding into lyrical cliff hanger. Can not wait for the whole album. Two songs revealed so far are sure hits with me. Outstanding musicianship, unusual turns. This two songs ... well, I fell in love instantly. No foreplay required.

Re: new Joe song When One Door Opens

Hmm.....interesting.....Im going to have to listen to more than once....."So its like that" was an album that grew on me, its one of my faves to this day

Far too artsy and pretentious for me! Maybe after all these years Joe should look for another producer...it seems as if Kevin
Shirley's influence is pushing him into the wrong direction...send him back to his cave!

I still haven't taken the time to listen more than a couple times...I think its great but its fairly intricate I guess is what I want to say...and its got some length! big_smile I have to listen more when can focus. grateful for getting this released now!!! I think I get the british blues vibe although I am not so good at interpreting those things but I kind of get it more now I think.
definitely look forward to whole album more....

interesting the other comments...SILT is the one album that each song hit me right away...didn't need any warming up but it is a little more pop in places and I like that. I don't need it but...well so...I like it like that big_smile

I don't think Joe wants a different producer. I do often wonder how much is Kevin's influence and at times have kind of worried about it? but I gained more appreciation for their working together after getting to hear their presentation together on the KTBA cruise this year. It made me realize so much...they mostly focused on Sloe Gin...so many things Kevin suggested / offered etc which made the song so great...including the song as a choice etc but also how its give and take and Joe might try something he wouldn't have come up with on is own but it didn't stay unless he wanted it and stuff like that.

anyway....when one door opens...another one closes....that's the meaning of the blues!

got a couple more listens in....started thinking more about the when one door opens another one closes
and how its like that for all of us except maybe sometimes less doors open...and whats behind them is different but anyway i got to thinking more and came up with a really cool though for song lyrics one day for a related but different theme or a poem
i get ;little ideas for lyrics but not music big_smile but i jot them down
anyway cool song...have to listen on some proper speakers