Re: The Sleep Eazys

Kenny wrote:

It was a very good year was a hit for Frank Sinatra.

Yes, but I prefer the Kingston Trio original. Joe's version is splendid, and the familiar lyrics play in my head as I listen...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Gonna listen to this one for sure. Also looking forward to the album he recorded at Abbey Road Studios, the british blues album.

Love "Fun House" , " Move" , "  Ace Of Spades" and "Ha So" !!!!! <-- my favorite. Also "Blue Nocturne" when I am sad.

Joe in Guitar Player magazine - article about Sleep Eazys https://issuu.com/futurepublishing/docs/gpm696.issuu

reo l wrote:

Joe in Guitar Player magazine - article about Sleep Eazys https://issuu.com/futurepublishing/docs/gpm696.issuu

Interestingly, at the end of the article he says he's planning to record his NEXT album (after the Abbey Road one) in January 2021.  There's a lot of Joe to look forward to in the next 12 months!

ZeyerGTR wrote:
reo l wrote:

Interestingly, at the end of the article he says he's planning to record his NEXT album (after the Abbey Road one) in January 2021.  There's a lot of Joe to look forward to in the next 12 months!

He was due to get Black Country Communion together in January but I guess that might change now, given the pandemic and Glenn Hughes in Dead Daisies.

Kenny wrote:
ZeyerGTR wrote:
reo l wrote:

He was due to get Black Country Communion together in January but I guess that might change now, given the pandemic and Glenn Hughes in Dead Daisies.

It's just proves that nobody reads the posts here anymore. I posted all about it previously. About what, when and where. I guess I should stop posting like Joe did. Nobody cares.

reo l wrote:
Kenny wrote:
ZeyerGTR wrote:

It's just proves that nobody reads the posts here anymore. I posted all about it previously. About what, when and where. I guess I should stop posting like Joe did. Nobody cares.

Geez, with all due respect, you can't expect everyone to read every post in every thread.  The internet has too much; people visit too many sites to read everything everywhere.  It's not a personal slight.  We're all fans of Joe, and all trying to keep the community going by sharing.  Sometimes info will get duplicated and shared twice, it's not a big deal.  The fact that we're contributing to this thread does mean that we're reading posts.

Just my 2c, I think it's better to stay positive.  There's enough negativity out in the world to take a musician's forum too seriously.

Thanks for both of your posts.  Personally, I'm glad this forum and these threads exist.

Yeah, I hear what you saying ZeyerGTR. I guess yesterda was a very emotional and traumatic day for me, so it got spilled over here.  But it is also unfair to compare this small forum with 2-3 posts per week to other platforms with thousands of people and multiple posts, where it is hard indeed to read or even acknowledge everything posted. Personally, I've been trying to keep this place afloat by keeping up the torch and continuing posting always the latest, very detailed and the most accurate information regarding Joe's music and life. Nowhere else on any other site you would find anything similar. And yes, I do take this place seriously. To me it's not just a " musician's forum", it is the ultimate place for any Joe's fan.

Joe is my favorite musician. And anything about Joe is very important to me. It almost feels like he is my family smile So please understand where I am coming from and why sometimes my posts sound somewhat intense.

Keep it up Reo your doing is all good here!!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky