1 (edited by Jane H. 2019-04-26 06:45:49)

Topic: Allman Betts Band

http://allmanbettsband.com/
I didn't notice another thread about this lineup/band name.
I got to see them on the cruise, just one set...and recently this month with Berry Oakely Jr, in Annapolis, MD
truly enjoyed it....wore a Bloodline shirt I had scored off of ebay.
Had brief moment to say Hi to Martin and point out my shirt and also to Berry...had to use bathroom so got up inbetween songs of the opener Scorr Sharrard (greg Allman band guitarist) and passed BOJr. and pointed to shirt but didnt want to talk during performance...wonder his thoughts
Anyway it was a wonderful show at Ram's Head on Stage...very close seats...ROn Holloway guested on a few...just a lot of smiles and good music. The whole band is great but don't want to mess up the names...Greg's former Hammond guy...two drums/percussion and the silde guitar guy has the skilz!
I watched some interviews and pleased to see they all are enjoying it and I really enjoyed the new songs they played. I think they said the album comes out late May but I didn't notice anything on the website...looking forward to it

Re: Allman Betts Band

They toured late last year under the banner of Devon Allman Project with Duane Allman - obviously shortened it to something more manageable... They hit my neck of the woods in December but I couldn't make it... More effort needed for the next time.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Got to see them twice last year - love them! Guy on slide is Johnny Stachela - he's awesome! Went to Summerfest to catch them the first time. We're sitting there having lunch and Duane and Johnny were getting chow, too. I invited them to join us, which, of course, they didn't. lol  But they did stop afterward for a chat and pics. Met Duane and Devon again after the set. They were hawking t-shirts in the merch booth. More hugs and pics! Then we did a meet and greet later in the summer which was really fun. Met other band members in the hall and they were all so nice and grateful for the attention. Although Devon was a bit out of sorts that day. More pics with Johnny after the show at bus. I have a bit of a crush on him (sorry Roy). big_smile

They will be at Summerfest again this year so I'll go again to see them. Also doing a free show in Kokomo, IN at some park. Considering a road trip but that will be a last minute call based on weather and schedules.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Debut album - Down To The River is due out next week (28th June)

The Allman Betts Band is Devon Allman (guitar, vocals), Duane Betts (guitar, vocals), Berry Oakley Jr., Johnny Stachela (guitar, vocals), John Ginty (keyboards), percussionists R Scott Bryan (percussion, vocals) and John Lum (drums).

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

BarbieD wrote:

Got to see them twice last year - love them! Guy on slide is Johnny Stachela - he's awesome! Went to Summerfest to catch them the first time. We're sitting there having lunch and Duane and Johnny were getting chow, too. I invited them to join us, which, of course, they didn't. lol  But they did stop afterward for a chat and pics. Met Duane and Devon again after the set. They were hawking t-shirts in the merch booth. More hugs and pics! Then we did a meet and greet later in the summer which was really fun. Met other band members in the hall and they were all so nice and grateful for the attention. Although Devon was a bit out of sorts that day. More pics with Johnny after the show at bus. I have a bit of a crush on him (sorry Roy). big_smile

They will be at Summerfest again this year so I'll go again to see them. Also doing a free show in Kokomo, IN at some park. Considering a road trip but that will be a last minute call based on weather and schedules.

Didn't know Johnny Stachela was playing in the band.  That guy's a very good picker and I'll be sure to listen to the new album.

Saw the boys last night at Summerfest. It was a great show and they all seemed to enjoy it, too! Love the new band lineup with Berry and Ginty. Berry even sang a song - he has a great voice!  Set list included Blue Sky, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, Purple Rain, a Tom Petty song, tunes from new album and at least one from one of Devon’s early works. I’ve seen them 3 times now and enjoyed all 3 shows. If you can catch them live, do so. I will continue to see them whenever I can.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

7 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2019-07-03 21:06:25)

BarbieD wrote:

Saw the boys last night at Summerfest. It was a great show and they all seemed to enjoy it, too! Love the new band lineup with Berry and Ginty. ... Set list included ... a Tom Petty song ...

Thank you for your Post ... made me smile! ... I do some hobby stage crew work at a Theater near me ... we hosted a version of this Band back in Oct 2018 ... I decided to wear a black Tom Petty 2008 Tour shirt I had that day ... instead of my usual solid black ... because it was the 1 yr Anniversary (+1 day) of Tom's passing ... and noted the passing date during a brief set up discussion ... and was surprised they added a TP song to the set list that night.

Glad they still have one in the List. smile

Would love to hear the current Lineup ... they are playing the Jersey Shore on Monday ... and the Promotor asked me if I was available for Crew ... but my non-dream job is in the way. sad

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

8 (edited by BarbieD 2019-07-04 07:17:59)

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

but my non-dream job is in the way. sad

Well that sucks!

There’s another ABB show in my area at the end of August but it’s on a weeknight! sad

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

The Tom Petty song is You Got Lucky which is ironic for me because I was away to buy a ticket for their London UK show on 3 August when I realised I couldn't manage due to a family get together sad

10 (edited by Jane H. 2019-07-06 12:53:13)

been enjoying the new album...couldnt find a place local to buy it in store so got from amazon with download and cd to follow
new stuff with familiar feel and sound ...feel good band  / album of the summer big_smile

I like to hear a few of the ABB classics but glad they have their own new stuff too. There's enough classic rock tribute bands out there...heard some songs way too much over the decades big_smile...I mean they aren't so much tribute because its still in the family but glad for the new stuff and look forward to the next one too. I wonder which radio stations around here might play some of the new stuff.

that Southern NJ sounds good RCB but yeah I get the hard to make happen....to work or as just fan

I see they have Meet Greet packages for many shows...the one I looked up was $99 or $175 for two
but you do get a tour shirt which i noticed are $35 in the web store...don't get how they don't sell the cd though but plenty about the biz that boggles my mind...and setlist and few other things with meet greet

Cool that Martin from here is Tour Manager ( I guess that is his title ). He gets it done! and posts cool pics on FB, looks like its a good family thing on the road too.

Jane H. wrote:

been enjoying the new album...couldnt find a place local to buy it in store so got from amazon with download and cd to follow
new stuff with familiar feel and sound ...feel good band  / album of the summer big_smile

I like to hear a few of the ABB classics but glad they have their own new stuff too. There's enough classic rock tribute bands out there...heard some songs way too much over the decades big_smile...I mean they aren't so much tribute because its still in the family but glad for the new stuff and look forward to the next one too. I wonder which radio stations around here might play some of the new stuff.

that Southern NJ sounds good RCB but yeah I get the hard to make happen....to work or as just fan

I see they have Meet Greet packages for many shows...the one I looked up was $99 or $175 for two
but you do get a tour shirt which i noticed are $35 in the web store...don't get how they don't sell the cd though but plenty about the biz that boggles my mind...and setlist and few other things with meet greet

Cool that Martin from here is Tour Manager ( I guess that is his title ). He gets it done! and posts cool pics on FB, looks like its a good family thing on the road too.

Thanks for the post Jane.  Martin and I were friends on FB before I decided to pull the plug on social media.  He used to be Devon's band manager and now that there's a fleshed out band of second generation ABB he'd be the logical choice.

I've listened to some of the new album and like what I'm hearing.  There are the obvious influences, but these guys can stand on their own talent.  I believe I have all Devon's solo albums and can say with certainty that the apple didn't fall far from his Daddy or Uncle.

Thanks Curby and well said / described as usual and some of what i wasn't able to put into words big_smile
I haven't really checked out much of Devons previous works but need to catch up. Was very enjoyable live and i really like his voice on the new cd.

Best wishes to Devon...i saw on fb he is having appendix out or something....

also just want to say I just absolutely love the album ...and the whole vibe from this band!!!

good luck to Devon...i read he is recovering from the emergency surgery he had overseas recently but he has another surgery scheduled...not sure the details but i think he is expected to be fine

I absolutely love the album!!! can't stop listening....Devon and Duane have such different singing styles but both great to me....love all the songs

Hi Jane, was it you that mentioned that the Bloodline bassist is now with this band?  Would be fun to see a video of him today!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

16 (edited by Jane H. 2019-08-29 12:55:28)

yeah...I went saw the Allman Betts band  at Ram's head a few months ago...was great! sooo great! big band on tiny stage tho...if they come back there (I'm doubting but never know) I'd love to see it with you
there are some youtubes...here is one with this band.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdoscUKio3k

and i have been following him on Facebook for years, he had been doing regular gigs in Florida where he and his family live....tried to find some youtubes but most of them had him playing six string guitar...

here is Berry's website and facebook
http://www.berryoakley.net/index/
https://www.facebook.com/oaktunesmusic/?ref=ts

17 (edited by samjp4 2019-08-29 17:27:52)

sally12333 wrote:

Hi Jane, was it you that mentioned that the Bloodline bassist is now with this band?  Would be fun to see a video of him today!

I have seen him play with his band in Florida a few times.  They are quite good, very heavy on the Allman stuff.  I knew who he was as soon as I heard the name.  Someone I was there with was having a hard time believing he used to play with Joe in Bloodline.  The place I have seen him at is called Hoosier's (on the west coast of Florida a little north of Venice).

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Jane H. wrote:

yeah...I went saw the Allman Betts band  at Ram's head a few months ago...was great! sooo great! big band on tiny stage tho...if they come back there (I'm doubting but never know) I'd love to see it with you
there are some youtubes...here is one with this band.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdoscUKio3k

and i have been following him on Facebook for years, he had been doing regular gigs in Florida where he and his family live....tried to find some youtubes but most of them had him playing six string guitar...

here is Berry's website and facebook
http://www.berryoakley.net/index/
https://www.facebook.com/oaktunesmusic/?ref=ts

Thanks Jane!  Aww, Berry's all grown up!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy