Topic: Woodstock 2019

This August!!....i dont believe the artist have been named.....I would really hope Bonamassa plays it, i believe he is from that part of the great state of New York......anyone thinking of attending??

2 (edited by BansheeUK 2019-01-11 09:14:01)

Re: Woodstock 2019

Bands and line-up supposedly will be announced in February when the tickets go on sale. Apparently, quite a few optimistic music fans have already booked hotels & lodgings in and around the Watkins Glen proposed site; so it might get a bit tight for "breakfast in bed for 400,000.."

There's also word of an unofficial 50th anniversary celebration at Bethel Wood, Sullivan County.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

I think that field won’t be ADA compliant. Walkers will be tough in the mud.
The kids nowadays won’t listen to thatmusic.
Good luck to the promoters, but there could never be a repeat.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Already things look kinda messy -  two "Woodstock" 2019 festivals scheduled in Upstate New York, and they're both set for the same weekend https://www.syracuse.com/expo/life-and- … ary-c.html

Oops i did it again sad I should have checked JBs agenda.....The wife and i had been planning to go, but the funds have us going to Arizona instead hmm .....its all good though, I have the feeling the wifey couldnt hang with me anyways wink.....i still want to see the names of the artist playing, i think it will be awesome

Jane H. wrote:

keep up with the reading 14! just kidding, Joe is playing there but not the fest, he will be on his summer cruise. I'm going to move this down to the other section. Are you thinking of going? Not for me but sounds like will be epic.

Shredit wrote:

This August!!....i dont believe the artist have been named.....I would really hope Bonamassa plays it, i believe he is from that part of the great state of New York......anyone thinking of attending??

6 (edited by BansheeUK 2019-01-16 08:49:19)

According to the rumour mill, original Woodstock vertern Carlos Santana has said will play at the Bethel Woods Music and Culture Festival at the Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, near the original Woodstock site, on Aug. 16-18, 2019 rather than the official Watkins Glen site festival.

The Bethel Woods event, thanks to the booking power of Live Nation, has a long list of rumoured artists that have been approached including Daft Punk, Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Ariana Grande, Coldplay, Phish, The Weekend, Elton John, Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Pink, Zac Brown Band, Mumford & Sons, and The Chainsmokers.

However, one of the other original survivors, The Who, have been ruled out according to a statement by Roger Daltrey. Incidentally, The Who are touring  in 2019, including a date in Bufffalo NY (in May), with an orchestra, touring a later realease of their first new album in 13 years... However, Daltrey has dropped heavy hints that at 75, this could very well be his last (US) tour.

Im a little bummed out, guess i was expecting to see more of the original artist on the rumoured list....heaven has some great music up there as, many have moved on to the next life

Shredit wrote:

Im a little bummed out, guess i was expecting to see more of the original artist on the rumoured list....heaven has some great music up there as, many have moved on to the next life

Unfortunately the demographic of the original Woodstock may be harder to get to go to a huge festival.I think to get the numbers you have to appeal to a younger audience

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Shredit wrote:

Article from Rolling Stone concerning status of "legacy" bands and the chances of if and where they'd play:-
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … ds-779553/

BansheeUK wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Article from Rolling Stone concerning status of "legacy" bands and the chances of if and where they'd play:-

Thanks Banshee.That was a lot of good info

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Thanks Banshee!.....if i could have picked one guitar player to see it would have been Alvin Lee, never had the pleasure, but I love his playing.....if i had only been as lucky as my friend who was 12, his older brother took him all the way from California.....

BansheeUK wrote:
Shredit wrote:

12 (edited by BansheeUK 2019-02-18 09:29:42)

Another original Woodstock performer is returning to Upstate New York to celebrate the 1969 festival’s 50th anniversary at what looks like another "Woodstock 50" event...

The Daily News reports Melanie will headline “BataviaStock” at Batavia Downs on Saturday, July 20. The day-long festival will celebrate the music of Woodstock, with five tribute bands representing other original performers: Green River Revival – A Creedence Clearwater Revival Tribute, Abraxas – a Santana and Sly & the Family Stone Tribute, The Who Show – a Who Tribute, and Piece of My Heart – a Janis Joplin Tribute.

Melanie, also known as Melanie Safka, is best known for ’60s and ’70s hits like “Brand New Key,” “Ruby Tuesday,” “What Have They Done to My Song Ma,” and “Lay Down (Candles in the Rain).” The latter was written about her experience performing at the original Woodstock Music & Arts Festival.

So that's Santana, now Melanie; check off for yourselves who's still around who may yet....
Friday, August 15 to Saturday, August 16
Richie Havens
Swami Satchidananda
Sweetwater
Bert Sommer
Tim Hardin
Ravi Shankar
Melanie Safka
Arlo Guthrie
Joan Baez

Saturday, August 16 to Sunday, August 17
Quill
Country Joe McDonald
Santana
John B. Sebastian
Keef Hartley Band
The Incredible String Band
Canned Heat
Mountain
Grateful Dead
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Janis Joplin
Sly & the Family Stone
The Who
Jefferson Airplane

Sunday, August 17 to Monday, August 18
Joe Cocker
Country Joe and the Fish
Ten Years After
The Band
Johnny Winter
Blood, Sweat & Tears
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Sha Na Na
Jimi Hendrix

From Celebrity Access Encore:-

WATKINS GLEN, NY (CelebrityAccess) — With Woodstock 50 scheduled to take place in just six months, the event’s organizers have still not released an initial lineup for the event.
Woodstock 50, intended to mark the 50th anniversary of original Woodstock Music & Arts Festival, is scheduled to take place from 16-18 in Watkins Glen in Upstate New York a few miles from the original festival grounds.
Since the festival was first announced in January, few additional details about the event have come to light, leading to speculation about the event’s financial stability. According to a report in music news site Hits Daily Double, the delay in updates about the festival are due to “issues regarding the raising of money and venue capacity.”

According to HDD, the unofficial lineup for Woodstock 50 includes Dead & Co., The Killers, Miley Cyrus, Santana, The Black Keys, Chance the Rapper, Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons and Halsey but per HDD, only a few of the acts have received their full guarantees. Santana was also announced for a commemorative concert at Bethel Woods during Woodstock weekend.
The festival is being produced by Woodstock Ventures, formed via a partnership between three of the original Woodstock producers, Michael Lang, Joel Rosenman, and John Roberts’ family, with financial backing from Dentsu Aegis Network, a division of the Japanese advertising giant Dentsu, which will also assist with marketing and sponsorship via affiliated agencies.
Lang told the New York Times in January that he envisioned a large-scale event and anticipates selling 100,000 three-day passes, with most attendees camping on site. At the time, he declined to discuss the budget for the festival, but told the Times: “We paid $135,000 for all of our talent in 1969. Times have changed.”

Lineup : https://twitter.com/woodstockfest/statu … 8973493250

Meanwhile, over at the Bethel Woods, "Woodstock 50" site:-

Thursday, August 15:  A screening of the Warner Bros. Academy-Award winning documentary, Woodstock: the Director’s Cut will be held on the historic festival field. It is an experience unlike any other to watch the documentary that chronicles the emergence of the Counterculture movement on the very field where it was filmed a half-century ago.

Friday, August 16: Ringo Starr and his All Star Band will take the Pavilion Stage, along with Arlo Guthrie, who performed just after midnight on Friday, the first day of the festival; as well as Edgar Winter with The Edgar Winter Band, returning to Bethel for the first time since performing at the festival with his brother Johnny Winter.

Saturday, August 17: Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and Woodstock legend, Santana returns to Bethel Woods Pavilion Stage, exactly 50 years after his groundbreaking Saturday afternoon festival performance. Santana will be joined by special guests The Doobie Brothers.

Sunday, August 18: To be announced!

Peace Out, Y'awl...

Maybe we make this trip.....50 years went by in a blink.....

Woodstock 50th Anniversary Festival Canceled https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/woods … cancelled/

What is going on?.....ayi carumba