Topic: Rainbreakers First LP Face To Face

They have put out a couple good EP’s
Now their full length is out.
Very good album.
One of my favorite new bands
A mix of bluesy soulful rockers and softer soul ballads.
All very well done I must say.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Re: Rainbreakers First LP Face To Face

gary wrote:

They have put out a couple good EP’s
Now their full length is out.
Very good album.
One of my favorite new bands
A mix of bluesy soulful rockers and softer soul ballads.
All very well done I must say.

Will be catching them on the 6th Oct, along with R.H.R over at Hartlepool (one of my favourite haunts...)

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Lucky you!!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I got their first EP and thought I posted about them a year and a half ago.  Don't remember how I found them.  This new one sounds pretty good and I'll give them a listen for sure.

First a cracking EP, then a change of lead guitarist and a second EP which for me lost a bit of the fizz of it’s predecessor and now the lads are proudly touting a debut album; so forgive me my initial trepidation on this one.

Well, I’m pleased to report they’ve bounced back, and then some. When they snarl, it’s clear they’ve lost their milk-teeth, Charlie’s lead guitar is full-on savage in places and Sam’s drumming is a powerful beast: Peter’s bass is forceful in combination with Ben’s rhythm chops and Ben’s vocals really outstanding. Not full-tilt rockers, but with power and command to nail your butt to your seat and ears wide open. That said, they’ve not turned their back on their softer side, their more ballad numbers are superbly written and executed, heart-on-sleeves.

Gotta give this 80%

6th October - Hartlepool Supporters

It seems like it’s been ages since I last caught The Rainbreakers, by coincidence in Hartlepool, but it’s only just over two years. Well have to say, they’re deservedly busy and have whizzed through a couple of times, so maybe the time was right to catch them again. In between times, they slipped out a second EP, and are now hitting the road with a recently released full debut album. And they also changed lead guitar from Jack to Charlie (who looks not unlike a young Jet Harris….).

First time round, they showed a lot of early promise, certainly were the better of the two bands on that night. That grit and confidence has really grown over the last two years and they really delivered a powerful and polished set of modern Blues. Happy to note that they still include the Wood Brothers number Honey Jar in their set, with it’s tight changes… and also the sandwiching of Albert Collins in Hendrix’  Third Stone…. However, this was about the new album, Face To Face which they went almost right through, and a fine body of work they’ve produced. Ben’s voice has really lifted and matches well with Charlie’s fizzing guitar and powerhouse backing from Peter & Sam, moderated on the slower ballads, but booting the heavier end, which they were lacking a bit first time round; definitely a band to catch and to watch.