Re: Classic songs that "Go To 11"

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Reached for the knob when this came on the truck radio today ... big_smile

"867-5309"
https://youtu.be/6WTdTwcmxyo

Aghmmm... this is a password I have to dial several times a day every day to get through the door at work smile Everybody remembered it easily but me, had to listen to this song several times haha

Black Betty and Mountains' Mississippi Queen. Can't have too much cowbell. lol. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

21 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2019-04-08 15:53:26)

PSmith1946 wrote:

Black Betty and Mountains' Mississippi Queen. Can't have too much cowbell. lol. big_smile

Had to laugh to myself when I saw your post today ... heard another one I turned up today while driving ... cranked the volume for the very same reason you mentioned!! big_smile  (was going to wait on posting it since I had just posted up the other day.)

Remember hearing it as a kid I guess soon after it came out ... (not on the radio ... the 45 was in an old juke box my father bought and put in our basement ... I don't think he knew it was in there ... he was born pre rock and roll ... think he just liked the machine and not necessarily the 45's in it ... some catchy 70's pop-rock 45's were in there ... I remember my sister and I playing the jukebox alone in the basement ... and when the needle dropped in this song ... we began snickering ... and looking at each other amazed ... how can they say this on a record?!! big_smile (but I remembering digging the opening riff right out of the gate.)

Mom heard from upstairs ... and the rest ... they say ... is ... a memory. smile

Nazareth - Hair of the Dog (ScreamDream3000)
https://youtu.be/kyXz6eMCj2k

... flash forward to today and some lyrics you hear. :0

Edit: .. see gary has it in his list from back in Sept '18 smile

PS: . reo ... big_smile!! ... (I had wiki'd the Jenny song after I posted up ... wanted to see the year of it ... some interesting info on the song and the phone # being used ... some stories where out there in the past ... but much more than I thought.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Green Grass and High Tides - The Outlaws (I hope you like guitars smile )

Rock Bottom - UFO

Shredit wrote:

Rock Bottom - UFO

HA! I opened this up to add UFO Love to Love. That riff at the end still gives me chills every time I hear it.

Rock Bottom - goes without saying!

RIP Paul Raymond!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Very sad to hear of Pauls passing, MSG came through here in Sacramento a few years back, Doctor Doctor is one of my favorites also

BarbieD wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Rock Bottom - UFO

HA! I opened this up to add UFO Love to Love. That riff at the end still gives me chills every time I hear it.

RIP Paul Raymond!

The Passenger - Siouxsie & the Banshees

All together.... la la la la lala lala

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

I saw the MSG 3-vocalist circus last year. It was... interesting. Michael played perfectly but I wasn't loving the tone that night. Almost sounded shrieky or something. But it was worth it to hear the UFO stuff and early MSG tunes. I decided to pass on this year's gig.

I love that Phenomenon album! Queen of the Deep also another track that goes to 11!

Shredit wrote:

Very sad to hear of Pauls passing, MSG came through here in Sacramento a few years back, Doctor Doctor is one of my favorites also

BarbieD wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Rock Bottom - UFO

RIP Paul Raymond!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

All Along The Watchtower - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLV4_xaYynY