Re: Target selling "Redemption" album with 3 extra songs

holeshot1982 wrote:

Don't know if I'll get shammed for mentioning this BUT those extra tracks usually end up on You Tube.... There's software to get music from You Tube....

Didn’t the last bonus tracks from the Best Buy dealio get released later in some way from J and R ? And like most things hard to keep em under lock and key.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

20 (edited by sally12333 2018-07-27 17:20:49)

gary wrote:

But I would be a little upset if I had bought the presale and now got this info just like the Best Buy  fiasco.If I did I would be looking for some redemption on this .

Gary, I e-mailed J&R asking them to cancel my preorder so I could buy at Target, and they wrote back promptly confirming the cancelled order and the refund.  I appreciated that.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:
gary wrote:

But I would be a little upset if I had bought the presale and now got this info just like the Best Buy  fiasco.If I did I would be looking for some redemption on this .

Gary, I e-mailed J&R asking them to cancel my preorder so I could buy at Target, and they wrote back promptly confirming the cancelled order and the refund.  I appreciated that.

Redemption !! It’s good to know to for anyone else wanting to make a switch.

Your rock candy baby

sally12333 wrote:
gary wrote:

I did the same thing with no problem on the J&R end.

If you order online with your Target card, they have a free shipping special on till I think Aug9

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

norton wrote:
sally12333 wrote:
gary wrote:

I did the same thing with no problem on the J&R end.

I wonder if they're just making more money from Target than online store orders... They make so little on the sale of CD's maybe they're just getting a large cut from Target for the 3 tracks.

25 (edited by gary 2018-08-10 09:09:36)

I remember with the Best Buy Deal I did not see any special in store promotion.
You would think if this is an exclusive there would be some sign in the store promoting it.
I am not sure how aggressive the promotion would be  for the Target cd.
I probably would never have know about it if I wasn’t here

Your rock candy baby

Jane H. wrote:

I don't imagine they make more per cd from Target sales. I don't know but I had the impression they got more per disc selling it themselves but more exposure from Target?

That would be my impression to but you never really can tell...

As a side note: Any of my fellow pin collectors managed to snag the limited edition Red Rocks pin for the 19.99 price before they upped to 29.99?

holeshot1982 wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

I don't imagine they make more per cd from Target sales. I don't know but I had the impression they got more per disc selling it themselves but more exposure from Target?

As a side note: Any of my fellow pin collectors managed to snag the limited edition Red Rocks pin for the 19.99 price before they upped to 29.99?

As for the pin - no I did not get it at the 19.99 price.  I am probably done with the pins if this is how it is going to be.  I got a second email saying they called the first email back (?!).  Not sure if because price was listed wrong in the first.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

28 (edited by holeshot1982 2018-08-12 02:57:17)

samjp4 wrote:
holeshot1982 wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

As for the pin - no I did not get it at the 19.99 price.  I am probably done with the pins if this is how it is going to be.  I got a second email saying they called the first email back (?!).  Not sure if because price was listed wrong in the first.

Sandy

Yeah I’m not happy about it either. And my guess is that’s why they recalled it. Thankfully I checked the email within 5 min and was about to get it at 19.99. Got it today, so not worth 29.99! I really like the regular one though, it mentions the country thing and since he changed it, I think it’s pretty cool to have it like that.

I’m a huge pin collector but I agree, 29.99 for a single pin is pushing it. Not sure I’d pay it.

$30 pin ? Sounds like you all think they are sticking it to ya!

Your rock candy baby

I , for one, an unhappy with this “Best Buy” trick again. I live in a fairly small town with no record stores. Luckily we have a Target but I doubt they will carry his CD’s.
I am confused as to why this info is only shared here, where hardly anyone visits (I am guilty). How are his fans that are not on this forum  suppose to know this information?
I am not happy about this but of course I will cancel my order from J&R just to have the extra songs.
I am just glad I heard about this before the release date.

Not happy! Just like Best Buy! I ended up buying both!
Rant over, sorry.

Nancy

31 (edited by DougH 2018-08-13 07:14:58)

Nancy.
I posted last week that Target.com had free shipping straight to your house, (except Canada which they wanted $25usd for )
There is no way to pre-order at a Target store that I know of

Plus if using the Target card they took another 5% off

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Here's a link to the Target page with the Redemption info:

https://www.target.com/p/joe-bonamassa- … A-53807607

I had my pre-order through the JB store all cued up, including a t-shirt since I liked the artwork so much.
Then the S & H came up (along with my middle finger, lol) and I cancelled the order. I don't recall the exact amount of S & H, but it was between $15 and $20, which made a $40 order a $60 order. I decided I'd wait and get the download. Now I guess I'll wait and head over to Target after it's in the stores

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

DougH wrote:

Nancy.
I posted last week that Target.com had free shipping straight to your house, (except Canada which they wanted $25usd for )
There is no way to pre-order at a Target store that I know of

Plus if using the Target card they took another 5% off

Thanks Doug.
I ordered my copies from Target. And called and left a message with J&R to cancel my order. I not only pre-order 2 CD’s but also ordered one of the package deals from J&R.
I am not happy about this “bait and switch”. Like I posted earlier, the Best Buy trick on Different Shades of Blue” costs me double. I had to have the extra songs, of course.

Oh well, still looking forward to the new CD, and the 3 bonus songs.

Thanks again.

Nancy in Oklahoma

35 (edited by Rocket 2018-08-13 19:41:56)

judythe wrote:

Here's a link to the Target page with the Redemption info:

https://www.target.com/p/joe-bonamassa- … A-53807607

Thanks, Judy, for the no yak all act action! But it was already included in the original post wink I guess it doesn’t hurt to read a post OR repeat a worthy word or two...

Pre-order or preserve your right to gripe about missing out unfairly yellpup’d about upon batteryless hearing aids...with a tiny violin concerto in response...

Rock ON & Keep The Unsinkable Linkable Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Bill S wrote:

I had my pre-order through the JB store all cued up, including a t-shirt since I liked the artwork so much.
Then the S & H came up (along with my middle finger, lol) and I cancelled the order. I don't recall the exact amount of S & H, but it was between $15 and $20, which made a $40 order a $60 order. I decided I'd wait and get the download. Now I guess I'll wait and head over to Target after it's in the stores

The S and H costs have kept me from ordering a lot of merch. Seems a bit excessive.I wonder if perhaps just using amazon to distribute for fulfillment orders and send amazon  bulk merch.Something like that.I mean $20 to package and ship a cd  and t shirt ? Not priority shipping I assume.But perhaps they are doing alright as the merch list never stops growing.I just wish it was more affordable when factoringbthe s and h

Your rock candy baby