Topic: ZZ Ward

I saw her and her band last night at Winnetka Music Festival.It a suburb north of Chicago.
I had heard a track or two in the past but never paid much attention to her music.
Maybe it’s the live factor but they knocked it out of the house.
Playing blues and mixing in some other elements.Shes an outstanding performer as well.Before Her was Cobi a very talented guitar player and vocalist.He mixes in some raw blues guitar innwith more of a smooth pop sound and it was enjoyable to say the least.
  On another note the festival template is to showcase emerging artists in a wide variety of genres.I can say I was impressed by the quality of the bands I heard.Huge applause for someone taking the guts to put in music festival that isn’t all  cover  bands as 90 plus percent of the summer festivals here do.Hopefully it happens somewhere else around here too!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Re: ZZ Ward

Gary,

I got ZZ's album last year and it was pretty good.  However I picked an album this weekend that someone here was touting this artist.  Probably Mike.  Oddly, Pearl, a former blues singer is now categorized a country singer .  Her Heartbreak and Canyon is pretty darn good and should be checked out.