1 (edited by NickelWound 2018-06-08 19:25:28)

Topic: Joanna Connor

I searched for a thread for Joanna and couldn't find one so started this one. I saw Natasha's videos of Joanna at the Western Maryland Blues Festival and wow! absolutely spectacular playing and the videos are just some of the best ever! I swear Ms Connor is playing to the camera.

And as amazing as I thought she was I did a little digging, in case you're a guitar player and find it hard to figure out how the heck she is tuned, and she plays slide in open 'E', slide in Standard Tuning and plays lead breaks in Standard Tuning. Check out Natasha's YouTube channel for lots more. Soooooo glad those video's are still coming. Thank you guys so much.

To get ya started, one of the most eclectic versions of Little Wing I have ever heard....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8K7jWpyFa0

Re: Joanna Connor

I bought all of Joanna's cds in the mid 90's, then lost track of her.  Thanks for the post!

"You know, it's just that people like this... you know... they get all they want so they really don't understand, you know... about a life like Frank's. I mean, when you've loved and lost the way Frank has, then you, uh, you know what life's about."

"How can "less be more"?  It's impossible.  "More" is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen