Re: US Winter/Spring tour 2019

I was on at 10 am prompt...came away with Row CC at the Chicago Theater (3rd row if you ignore the pit seats), left of center.
Not bad considering the seats that were available the last few times Joe was in Chicago.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

20 (edited by nmagcorn 2018-07-10 23:15:06)

After waking up earlier than I wanted to because we were in California this morning and then spending an hour of frustration with the ticketmaster site, finally ended up with pretty decent seats. Row CC for Baltimore which is 3rd row, Row BB Left Side for Friday in Chicago which is 2nd row after the pit, and Row AA Left side for Saturday in Chicago which is the first row after the pit, but doesn't look like there are actual pit seats in front of that left side section which would be very cool.

Jane H. wrote:

wow yeah that's a little more than 'pretty decent' where i come from. way to go!
especially if got for regular face value! I was checking fairly regularly for a while and didn't see any AA, BB, CC or A for Baltimore at all, even single tickets. You must have a ticket angel smile
i learned from others posting here though that sometimes that weird time between whatever game ticketmaster plays right at first and I guess when tix people had in carts but weren't able to complete sale go back into the mix...never know when that moment they pop back up for sale will be, or if something better might pop up or nothing as good if you don't grab...

Yeah, they were all for the regular face value. I refuse to buy the "Platinum" ones. We were seriously ready to throw in the towel at one point though and say to hell with the whole thing. We were running out of time because we had to leave to catch our flight home. Couldn't access anything, kept saying nothing was available or gave us complete crap seats like row x. I hate when they choose for you. It seems if you wait a bit then the seat map will finally show up and if you're lucky and get there right when that happens you have a better chance of picking something good. It was amazing to me though how much was already gone. Who gets all those good seats when obviously none of us can get them, hmmm. Ticketmaster is a scam IMO.

22 (edited by sally12333 2018-07-11 11:36:31)

Lucky to get 7th row center Baltimore, could be a lot worse. Yes Natasha, I have the same question - why when you click in at 10:00:01 over 50% of orchestra seats are gone??  Then too many technical difficulties with Ticketmonster. Spent an hour at presale, it kept saying "Unable to complete your request on this device", all the while watching the few marginally acceptable available seats disappear. Then tried it on my phone, my only other "device", which is a very awkward way to work Ticketmaster, it gave me no choices, kept picking the same bad seat over and over. Gave up disgusted and anyway had to leave to take mother to dentist. But then couldn't help but try another 6 more times last night at 10 pm, finally got through on my phone. Gotta be a better way.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

nmagcorn wrote:

I It was amazing to me though how much was already gone. Who gets all those good seats when obviously none of us can get them, hmmm. Ticketmaster is a scam IMO.

Its amazing TicketM can hold seats, in big good areas that even presales has a hard time buying

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Hmm, I've been always pretty lucky in scoring a good seats through the presale. And I never can buy the tickets right at the time when presale starts, because too busy at work.  So the earliest I start looking into it is after 12pm ( maybe it is a trick ) So yesterday it was even later than that. Spent 15 minutes and got  a row DD ( $220 ). And looked again this morning and BB was available ( 2nd row from the stage). Also I never had tickets further than 7th row from the stage, and twice had a first row (both times in Canada though ). And want to mention that my computer is old and my computer skills are average.
So probably the key is - never make your move too soon when ticketshopping smile