Topic: Wild Rumour - Joe to rescue Gibson

So over on TGP people are going a bit crazy over Gibson filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and a few people have shared a news story that Joe might be investigating a rescue deal.

I'm sure that's not the case, but how cool would it be if he did.

Hopefully he'd revamp the range to include more vintage spec models

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Re: Wild Rumour - Joe to rescue Gibson

Ummm... yeah that would be great. If JB and a group of guitar enthusiastic investors, say like Paul Allen, got together and made Gibson the standard of quality it used to be, they will need to issue a "Lazarus Burst."

Unfortunately I don't think JB can sell enough of his tweed collection or bursts to even make a dent on the 500 million of debt. We can dream...

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers , 83 Boogie SOB
Guitars: 68 ES-345, 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 71 54/58 LP, 73 LPC, 57 LPS
Effects: Celestial Effects, Clyde Deluxe, Slide Rig, Fulltone Choral Flange, El Capistan

Just hypothetically, if the creditors were willing to agree a revised repayment plan, then whoever rescued Gibson wouldn't need to have $500 million in the bank.

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

4 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2018-05-02 11:15:37)

Adrian J wrote:

Just hypothetically, if the creditors were willing to agree a revised repayment plan, then whoever rescued Gibson wouldn't need to have $500 million in the bank.

The AP blurbs in today's papers in my area mentioned some Creditors are receiving a piece of ownership ... and Gibson receiving $150 million'ish to keep going during restructuring.

"Bill Schechner has found one young man to busy for fantasy ... he's living it!"
"Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top number and make that a little louder?" Marty DiBergi
Lamarr (bellhop): "We have movie stars in my hotel!" Faye: "They're musicians, actually." Lamarr: "Even better!" (That Thing You Do!)
JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Yeah right

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:

Yeah right

I'll rephrase ... noteholders are getting a stake in ownership. smile

"Bill Schechner has found one young man to busy for fantasy ... he's living it!"
"Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top number and make that a little louder?" Marty DiBergi
Lamarr (bellhop): "We have movie stars in my hotel!" Faye: "They're musicians, actually." Lamarr: "Even better!" (That Thing You Do!)
JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Here is a screenshot that Joe's friend posted on fb fan page - Joe says it's fake news
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … &ifg=1

Post this in the General Topics please, there's two pages worth of speculation! So this is a duplicate thread.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Its obviously a dig at Joe because of his over the top buy all historic  guitar guitar stuff he can.
And people are jealous.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Would not be a bad idea to put JB on the board of directors.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers , 83 Boogie SOB
Guitars: 68 ES-345, 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 71 54/58 LP, 73 LPC, 57 LPS
Effects: Celestial Effects, Clyde Deluxe, Slide Rig, Fulltone Choral Flange, El Capistan