Topic: Wild Rumour - Joe to rescue Gibson

So over on TGP people are going a bit crazy over Gibson filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and a few people have shared a news story that Joe might be investigating a rescue deal.

I'm sure that's not the case, but how cool would it be if he did.

Hopefully he'd revamp the range to include more vintage spec models

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Re: Wild Rumour - Joe to rescue Gibson

Ummm... yeah that would be great. If JB and a group of guitar enthusiastic investors, say like Paul Allen, got together and made Gibson the standard of quality it used to be, they will need to issue a "Lazarus Burst."

Unfortunately I don't think JB can sell enough of his tweed collection or bursts to even make a dent on the 500 million of debt. We can dream...

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

Just hypothetically, if the creditors were willing to agree a revised repayment plan, then whoever rescued Gibson wouldn't need to have $500 million in the bank.

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

4 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2018-05-02 11:15:37)

Adrian J wrote:

Just hypothetically, if the creditors were willing to agree a revised repayment plan, then whoever rescued Gibson wouldn't need to have $500 million in the bank.

The AP blurbs in today's papers in my area mentioned some Creditors are receiving a piece of ownership ... and Gibson receiving $150 million'ish to keep going during restructuring.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Yeah right

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:

Yeah right

I'll rephrase ... noteholders are getting a stake in ownership. smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Here is a screenshot that Joe's friend posted on fb fan page - Joe says it's fake news
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … &ifg=1

Post this in the General Topics please, there's two pages worth of speculation! So this is a duplicate thread.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Its obviously a dig at Joe because of his over the top buy all historic  guitar guitar stuff he can.
And people are jealous.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Would not be a bad idea to put JB on the board of directors.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD