Re: The Epiphone Joe Bonamassa 1958 "Amos" Korina Flying-V 2017/2018

I got an email on Friday 12/15 that the first 80 have arrived, and mine will be shipped on 12/16! I also ordered a set of the SD Amos pick up's.  Has anyone seen anywhere how many Amos V's will be made?

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Rusty wrote:

I got an email on Friday 12/15 that the first 80 have arrived, and mine will be shipped on 12/16!

Congratulations! Hope you get it in time for Christmas! wink

I also ordered a set of the SD Amos pick up's.

Please post your reaction to them once you have them put in. I'm considering them for my Epi '58 Korina V...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Got mine ordered from Sweetwater.  Wonder if they will get any?

Rusty wrote:

I got an email on Friday 12/15 that the first 80 have arrived, and mine will be shipped on 12/16! I also ordered a set of the SD Amos pick up's.  Has anyone seen anywhere how many Amos V's will be made?

I could have sworn the early emails that I received said it was limited to 1000, but I can't find that now. I may be losing it, though. Keep in mind, if it's like some of the limited models I've bought, they didn't stop at what they initially stated though.

JD

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

jddarden wrote:
Rusty wrote:

I could have sworn the early emails that I received said it was limited to 1000, but I can't find that now. I may be losing it, though. Keep in mind, if it's like some of the limited models I've bought, they didn't stop at what they initially stated though.

JD

I thought it said it was limited to 1500 being made

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Rusty wrote:

I think they are making 979 sets of these pickups........

Bona V is Home for Christmas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29278172@ … 3814844578

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Bill

Thanks for the photos!  Very cool.  The V, Joe hanging in the tree, very nice case!  This is going to be a difficult one to not get.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

Bill

Congrats...how does she sound and play out of the case ?

Yeah it would be interesting to hear an objective review. I notice they still insist on a scarf joint...

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

It went back in the case and box for now. I don't want to remove the labels that are on the pickups. I ordered a set of Joe's and I am waiting for them to arrive. I also requested new covers and screws with my order. New is not an option  with Joe's pickups. I hope Seymour Duncan will read my request on my order and send them with new covers and screws.

Take care,
Bill

airportdon wrote:
Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

Bill

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

It went back in the case and box for now. I don't want to remove the labels that are on the pickups. I ordered a set of Joe's and I am waiting for them to arrive. I also requested new covers and screws with my order. New is not an option  with Joe's pickups. I hope Seymour Duncan will read my request on my order and send them with new covers and screws.

Take care,
Bill

airportdon wrote:
Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

Bill

Happy for you, Bill!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

Bill

Congrats! I'll be picking mine up at UPS tomorrow.

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I picked up my "Amos" on the way home from work, and tore open the box as soon as I got in the door. They did a really good job on this one, though it needs a little set up work which I don't mind doing. The frets need to be smoothed and polished, the intonation is close but needs a little adjusting on at least two strings, and the neck is nice and straight. I'll be installing a set of SD Amos pickups as soon as I get them. Overall, I'm very happy!

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

"Sixty Years of the Iconic Gibson Flying V

On January 6, 1958, Gibson patented the Flying V guitar." - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/article … ng_v-71161

I was thinking of grabbing this one until I saw that it didn’t have Gibson or Seymour pickups for the price. I know the slash models have his signature pickups and a lot of other signature models from other artist did havs upgraded Gibson pickups. I don’t know if epiphone is getting away from that or what. When I’m paying 799 plus for an epiphone I expected that much. While I really like there is a JB signature model sub 1000 it’s a disappoint that at least Gibson pickups weren’t thrown in. As I’ve been saying a while I’m hoping for another studio level Gibson in the sub 1500 range like the gold top JB Studios.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

35 (edited by Rusty 2018-02-25 19:54:30)

I finally got my SD Amos pickups last week, and today I installed them in my Amos V. I'm super happy with the tone of these pickups, and the difference from the stock Epiphone pickups is huge. The guitar also needed quite a bit of set up work, which I enjoy, so that was no big deal. Epiphone frets always seem to be rough with file marks right from the factory. They really could do a much better job in that department. Anyway, I've been playing it for the last hour or so, and I'm really happy I splurged and got the upgraded pickups, now it'll get played a lot more than if I hadn't swapped them out. Just thought I'd share this with you good folks. I've got to go practice "Just Got Paid"

Cheers

Rusty

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

36 (edited by DougH 2018-02-26 06:41:45)

If I had bought an Amos; Rusty I would have done the same thing with the pickups.

Great song.. But remember
At the end of the song watch out when you lift your V high over your head you don't hit your ceiling

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)