19 (edited by sally12333 2018-10-14 14:31:41)

Re: Greta Van Fleet

Jane H. wrote:

http://www.gretavanfleet.com/tour
It's May 21 at MECU ( pier 6 ) pavilion
I got more Tix today......I might have extra single ticket

Was interesting on the general sale.....they had a bunch of different Platinum prices
And I guess it was a matter of what seats were tied up in the sale then later released idk
Would have been cool to see whole map but it didn't let me see map at first
Anyway got my security blanket seats so I am happy
May is long way off tho!

Jane, thanks so much for the info!  Was thinking of getting daughter/husband tix for Christmas gift...Greta is their favorite band!  I just sprung for 2 in Section 107.  Sure hope they are good seats! 

Also, did you get a message that a free CD "Anthem of the Peaceful Army" is included with your ticket?  Got an e-mail the next day wanting me to click to redeem my gift.  Afraid any more to click on unexpected things!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Picked up a ticket to see them in Orlando May 10th.  I'm a little surprised but quite happy they're making it to my neck of the woods... and at a venue that's pretty close!

I'm really digging the tracks I've heard from their new album, too.

The new album is out today.Had a chance to stream it.I do like it.
There is something I find a little weird though with the Plant like vocals.
Not saying bad but it feels a bit weird at times for some reason.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

I grabbed a quick listen and the singer really has the Plant thing down.
I am still struggling with it as to if it is a good thing or not?
The cover of A Change Is Going To Come He does not sound like Plant at all.I will say that song itself shows he has the vocal chops for sure.

I think the good they possibly can do is get classic Rock back to front stage in the music community

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
gary wrote:

I grabbed a quick listen and the singer really has the Plant thing down.
I am still struggling with it as to if it is a good thing or not?
The cover of A Change Is Going To Come He does not sound like Plant at all.I will say that song itself shows he has the vocal chops for sure.

I think the good they possibly can do is get classic Rock back to front stage in the music community

Yes I agree they already have made in roads.I read an article today on line fro Revolver magazine of an interview.They mention there are a lot of people in their age group into that classic rock.So Inthink there is a bit of an underground movement for rock music.They may be one that kicks it up a notch as they are getting a lot of mainstream attention.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

UK tour next March - all  but Sold Out - few tix left at Liverpool......

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Tonight is the final night of a 3 night stand at the Fox Theatre in Detroit.  Reviews have been triumphant. These guys have been building their chops and fan excitement all year long.  Rock and roll is fun again!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

One of their tunes made it into the movie Aquaman!  That can only help.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Major interview in the latest edition of Classic Rock mag.

Another big TV appearance here in the US ... they will be the musical guests on Saturday Night Live ... the first new episode of 2019 ... airing Live 1/19/19.

Host is Rachel Bresnahan (actress in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) ... don't know her or her show ... but I know GVF ... so I'll be tuning in!! smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Looks like the March UK tour has been put back until November (most dates...). haven't had chance to check the whys as yet but I had heard that this month's Australia/New Zealand leg had been postponed as Josh came down with laryngeal problems...