Topic: Tom Petty

Prayers go out to Tom & family, now in a UCLA hospital in critical condition and on life support (reportedly) after cardiac arrest. You can believe everything you see and read on the internet right ? ............. I wish I hadn't seen this and hope it's fake news

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Re: Tom Petty

Latest word is he has passed. There was no brain activity and he was removed from life support. Such a sad day!

RIP Charles T. Wilbury Jr.

J Dawg aka, the roadie named Bart

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

There are no words to describe how sad this makes me....

4 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2017-10-03 14:55:02)

Prayers for Tom and his family ... I would always circle back to his songs since 1980 ... and I always appreciated his position ... that it's always about the music.

... and sad to wake up to the news this morning that he has passed.

Thank you Tom for the years of providing me with the feelings you get when you listen to music that grabs you.

Rest In Peace.

Square One (Live Anthology)
https://youtu.be/-f93TSVPDAg

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Such sad news and came as a total shock today.
Just thinking of how much popular music he made.He had the gift for songwriting

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I am numb. Feel sick.

So sad.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Great, great  video of Tom Petty Joe posted on his twitter. Loved it.

https://twitter.com/JBONAMASSA/status/9 … 2047617024

My friend called me and told me about Tom Petty. I was shocked and saddened. We saw him at the Hollywood Bowl on Sept. 22 and a few weeks later he passed away. He and the band put on a great show!