1 (edited by gary 2017-08-30 21:31:48)

Topic: Rainbreakers: now ACROBVT

Very cool new band getting a lot of love on  the internet these days

Rise Up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL7OXC … rPZD9pkmGg

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Re: Rainbreakers: now ACROBVT

Good band, well worth catching (UK & Europe). Only 2 EPs available at the moment, different lead guitars though, Jack for the earlier one; no great change in sound but it is noticeable.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Weird coincidence in my email earlier; sorting through my CDs, I was just thinking that it's seems to have been a while since I've heard anything from The Rainbreakers, a young band that had a lot of promise when they burst on the scene. Maybe, they decided to call it a day after the Covid forced hiatus.

Then a couple of hours ago, I found this email in my box: -

Firstly, thank you all for being so patient with us. We have been working hard in the background and we are now in a position to share the exciting developments with you.

After careful consideration and creative exploration, we have decided to embrace a new chapter in our musical evolution. Very soon, we will be changing our band name from Rainbreakers to ACROBVT. This decision reflects our growth, both as individuals and as artists, and symbolises the fresh direction we’re eager to pursue.

In tandem with the name change, we are excited to announce a shift in our musical style. While we have cherished our roots, this change is not a departure from our essence but rather an evolution that we believe will elevate our creativity and express our artistic vision.

Whilst we appreciate this may be unexpected news we would like to reassure you that there has been no line up change and the four of us are continuing our band together.

We genuinely appreciate your ongoing support and understanding as we embark on this exciting journey. Our commitment to delivering authentic and heartfelt music remains steadfast, and we are thrilled to share this new era with you.

We have had some incredible times as Rainbreakers, performing across the UK and Europe. From performing our first pub shows and supporting other inspirational artists to full headline tours of Spain and even Czech Republic, and most importantly, meeting all of you guys along the way. We honestly cannot thank you enough for the amazing memories we have all created together, so thank you.

Stay tuned for updates, as we look forward to unveiling the next chapter of ACROBVT.

I'll keep you posted as news develops; Ben, Sam, Charlie and Ash were quite a team.

So, the story continues....

The lads have announced 4 new UK dates, under the ACROBVT name: -

March 7th - The Magic Lantern; Tywyn
March 8th - Albert's Shed; Shrewsbury
March 9th - Albert's Shed; Telford
March 10th - Hare & Hounds; Birmingham

There's also word of a new single out soon, probably to coincide with the above dates, and I'd expect an album, or EP at least soon after.

Thanks for the update Banshee. Ya they have been iff my radar for a while too.
   I guess the big question is what is the new musical direction?
   Still blues rock ish or something else ?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

Thanks for the update Banshee. Ya they have been iff my radar for a while too.
   I guess the big question is what is the new musical direction?
   Still blues rock ish or something else ?

Latest update from the guys...

We have been waiting for so long to share our story with you guys. Now we can finally start letting you all know what we've been doing and what you can expect to see from us in the near future. We've got new music, photos, stories and shows in the pipelines and can't wait for you to see it all...

For the last 2 years we've been keeping our heads down; writing, recording and collaborating with some amazing people!! We've been through a lot and we can finally start bringing you guys in and letting you know what the hell we've been up to.

We had started writing some new material and whilst we were writing we ended up meeting up with none other than Mikey Demus, the amazing guitarist in Skindred. He was super excited by what we were working on and eventually he started joining us for writing sessions, working with us to produce new music. Together, we had a stream of new material that we felt had some real potential. What was left? To start recording it all obviously!

With Mikey's help we managed to go to some incredible places to record this plethora of new tracks. So we bundled ourselves into the van and headed to the legendary Rockfield Studios and VADA Studios to get all of this material down. Working with renowned producer James Loughrey (Manic Street Preachers, Reef, Björk) we were astonished at what we had produced and amazed at the energy and depth that the team had brought to the table. with further mastering at the world famous Abbey Road Studios by the Grammy winning Sean Magee (The Beatles, Tina Turner, Ramones).

Now, after all this time with our heads buried in lyric sheets and mic cables, we finally have some incredible new music coming out very soon and even have some tour dates for you guys to come and check out. The new single, Neon, is going to be available everywhere online from February 23rd 2024.

We can't wait for you guys to see and hear everything we've done. Be sure to stay tuned for more though as we might have something even bigger in the works...!

Thanks
Ben, Sam, Charlie and Ash
ACROBVT

This is ACROBVT's most recent single release: -

Neon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVHSCGtE488