Topic: High Power Tweed Twin with CL80's clip (Mojotone kit)

I thought I'd share a clip I made of my Mojotone High Power Tweed Twin 5F8A kit. It has Classic Lead 80 speakers and a post-phase-inverter master volume. It's a really good amp and I can recommend the Mojotone kit for anyone who wants to build a High Power Tweed Twin.

h t t p s : / / w w w . youtube. com/watch?v=ElP2P0tgkqo

I am not allowed to post links so I would be very grateful if someone can post the link correctly here below (without the spaces).

Re: High Power Tweed Twin with CL80's clip (Mojotone kit)

Jane H. wrote:

welcome to the forum!
here is your link...i think after so many posts you can post a link

Thank you Jane!

Nice
Sounded pretty "earthy" considering a tele and CL80 speakers.
Did you have an attenuator on it?

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

Nice

Thanks! No, just a PPIMV (post-phase-inverter master volume) at pretty low volume. I recently installed the PPIMV and did not expect it to sound that great. I was pleasantly surprised. I think it sounds awesome. I chose the CL80's because that is what Joe uses in his Twins. I also use a 12ax7 for the first gain stage (V1) instead of a 12ay7 to get more gain out of the preamp.

I built the amp with two 6L6 tubes instead of four so it is "only" 40W instead of 80W which makes it more or less a 2x12 Tweed Bassman with a bigger output transformer smile

The Tele is a really good Squier Classic Vibe 50's with a Duncan STR1 neck pickup and Duncan Custom Shop '53 Tapped Tele bridge pickup.

StefanFreyr wrote:
DougH wrote:

Nice

Thanks! No, just a PPIMV (post-phase-inverter master volume) at pretty low volume. I recently installed the PPIMV and did not expect it to sound that great. I was pleasantly surprised. I think it sounds awesome. I chose the CL80's because that is what Joe uses in his Twins. I also use a 12ax7 for the first gain stage (V1) instead of a 12ay7 to get more gain out of the preamp.

I built the amp with two 6L6 tubes instead of four so it is "only" 40W instead of 80W which makes it more or less a 2x12 Tweed Bassman with a bigger output transformer smile

The Tele is a really good Squier Classic Vibe 50's with a Duncan STR1 neck pickup and Duncan Custom Shop '53 Tapped Tele bridge pickup.

Where can I get one?
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Right here Ron

http://www.mojotone.com/kits

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)