Re: London Gig Guide MkII

Slowly piecing things back together; as one gig  in 2020 is postponed it's replacement is popping up in 2021. More holes than a tramp's vest though...

Only thing, any gigs for 1st half of June are VERY optimistic, in fact all of June but some venues haven't got round to updating, so don't chance it to luck, check with venue first....

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

92 (edited by Lester 2020-05-25 05:37:06)

Most bands have now rescheduled for either a year ahead or October onwards.
Problem seems to be that if you have social distancing, then the audience numbers will be greatly reduced resulting in higher ticket prices (or not being financially viable).
It will be interesting to see how the market reacts, incentives to encourage audiences back or price increase to cover 2020 losses?

Lester

He took it all too far,
but boy, could he play guitar.

Lester wrote:

Most bands have now rescheduled for either a year ahead or October onwards.
Problem seems to be that if you have social distancing, then the audience numbers will be greatly reduced resulting in higher ticket prices (or not being financially viable).
It will be interesting to see how the market reacts, incentives to encourage audiences back or price increase to cover 2020 losses?

Lester

Yeah; in my region a lot have gigs have been rescheduled, so pre-booked tickets still stand but it will be interesting to see what happens re-prices. Some promotes I've spoken to obviously want things back to [whatever] normal as soon as possible but realistically that may be nearer Christmas but as for the smaller pub-gigs, who knows. I have seen that the mid-venues are going more for the tribute bands to get bums-on-seats.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Nothing wrong with tribute bands, although some are better than others.
I used to be a bit sceptical but now quite enjoy a decent tribute act.

Lester

He took it all too far,
but boy, could he play guitar.