Topic: Tavistock/Poole

Marianne and myself travelling over to the U.K to see 2 shows was worth every minute ...Joe put on a great show in Tavistock .... the best one for me till then ...but then came Poole.... standing front row and feeling his energy... the first few songs good as always ...but then Joe went a level higher as if he had to deliver more and more .... a brilliant night ..with interaction between the bandmembers... FUN....i liked that a lott you can see what fun they have on the road....it makes the show more special.... Many thanks Joe.... for the shows and let me hang out with you....your in my heart as a musician and a person....Thanks to Bogie, Carmine, Rick and crew for making me feel welcome....Great guys you are.....Thanks to Michael for letting us stay the first night and planning it all ....and Micky two for driving those three days.....

Annelies

Re: Tavistock/Poole

We had a great time in the UK and was fun meeting all of you and had some chats.
Love you all!!

And thanks to the 2 michaels for taking us along with you guys.

Annelies enjoyed reading your review of the Tavistock/Poole shows.  Sounds like you, Marianne, Michael and Micky Two had good times and heard some fantastic rockin' blues from Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick.  WOW, they must of been on FIRE for the those shows especially if Joe took his performance to a higher level.  Must of been awesome!! Thank you for sharing...........

Barbara

4 (edited by micky two 2007-08-05 07:24:00)

it was my pleasure annelies had  a great time and good laughs
ejoyed every minuet glad you both got home safe
me and micky got back to gotham city about 430 lol
how cool hanging with joe on tour bus for an hour
what a great guy he is love seeing your photos of rory listening to him as i write this
he rocks .
micky

Yep, Poole on the 3rd was quite something!! Support from Martin Harley was a lesson in how to hold the audience in the palm of your hand with just an acoustic guitar, a great voice and a slide technique that actually gives Kelly Joe Phelps a run for his money. Joe and the band were as awsome as we've come to expect but I have to say, as great as it is to stand at the very front and witness Joe from 3 feet away, the sound does suffer. After about 20 minutes my wife and myself moved toward the mixing desk and ( as you'd expect) the sound improved drastically. But, what a great night!!!! How much better can he get???? Hurry back Joe!! smile

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young