Topic: TonePros locking bridges

I was on TonePros website looking at their replace bridges and tailpieces. I saw Joe's name was on the list of artists that use them.  Does he use them on all of his Les Pauls?

They say if your bridge parts can wiggle  or come off when the strings are not on, you are robbing yourself of tone and sustain. But when the strings are on, don't they keep  everything tight?

I'd like to know if they make a huge difference.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: TonePros locking bridges

DOn't Know if Joe is using them on his guitars, and don't know if they make much of a difference, but what does is the studs.  Replace them with rusty ones from RSguitarworks and you will have a better transfer of tone to the wood.

DonR

yes - this is the same mentality. more solidarity

i replaced the rusty bridge on my 70's explorer and it did a world of difference....well...that and a refret!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

While your at it, bone nut will give nice bump up in sustain on the open strings and chord work.  I also grover my Les pauls-but that is radical for most of the puritsts

DonR