Re: Where is everyone?

Maybe I'm one of the "disappeared" referred to above.
Possibly like many others, when I first discovered Joe (many years ago) I just couldn't get enough. I promoted this relatively unknown talent whenever I could. I just had to get others to share the amazing feelings the music gave me. My entire music listening was Joe. I went to gigs with 90 people in the audience, but usually it was around the 200 to 250 mark I would guess. I met many lovely people via this forum, shared recordings, shared "how is it possible that this man isn't a world guitar star" discussions, and best of all, shared the weekend in London at the first Royal Albert Hall gig. Meeting fellow Joe fans from around the world was fantastic. We all knew the secret. Although we live over 3,000 miles apart, I met and hugged Joe's number one fan, all made possible via the power of this forum.

Well, as we all know, the secret is out and Joe is a world star. The "job is done" as far as the early fans are concerned I guess (although even this week, I met a lady who thanked my wife for pointing her at Joe).
This forum for me was a place to share the feelings to a set of like minded and fairly small number of fellow fans and to arrange meet ups pre gig and the like.

The other social media platforms have probably taken over visiting this forum as I am communicating with a smaller section of my friends. The forum has many more visitors now I guess and started to lose it's intimacy for me - not in the topics; more in the volume of different people. I know that possibly sounds counter to sharing feelings, but it kind of lost it's need for me once the world discovered Joe and we didn't need to get off our chests the injustice of the music business missing such an obvious and massive talent.

I have had a look now because one of those friends suggested that I post some tickets I have for sale on the site (Preston UK if you're interested) which I have, and of course, I checked out the main forum whilst I was here.
I guess I'll check in more often again now

Joe's new album has been out for awhile and has been talked about on here extensively.  Joe is not coming to Florida, or anywhere near, so I have no excitement of looking forward to seeing a show.  I check out the forum on Sunday mornings and that's about it.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

Jane H. wrote:

Hi Ges!!!! Great to hear from you.

interesting the replies here and in other recent threads. to me, having been on Joe's forum since early 2003 i have seen changes of many kinds but overall, to me, the forum remains the same
we all use it the way it works for us i guess

even if there is not a ton of participation by a great variety of fans its so useful, especially compared to other types of social media and even official web pages, as a historical reference, if nothing else but there is so much else smile

long live the forum and those who care to share here!!!!!!!!!!

Plus One !!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Hi Ges!!!! Great to hear from you.

interesting the replies here and in other recent threads. to me, having been on Joe's forum since early 2003 i have seen changes of many kinds but overall, to me, the forum remains the same
we all use it the way it works for us i guess

even if there is not a ton of participation by a great variety of fans its so useful, especially compared to other types of social media and even official web pages, as a historical reference, if nothing else but there is so much else smile

Plus One !!

Yowza!

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Jane H. wrote:

+1 ... says it all! smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

24 (edited by Adrian J 2016-05-17 06:17:57)

Present and correct sir!! :-P

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet