Re: Black Country Communion Reunion Confirmed

I enjoyed the BCC albums/DVD and I really enjoyed them live, but I have to say that it never seemed to be 100% committed hard rock.   A lot of the material could quite easily have been included in Joe's solo sets.   The fact that SOY is touted so much indicates that.

I think Joe was too much like Joe on the albums.  I would love him to go with a whole new tonal approach and really 'dirty up' his work.  His clean tones are just a little lightweight.   

On one occasion, I saw BCC with Michael Schenker as support and even though Schenker was just coming back after his 'troubles', he is the supreme melodic hard rock guitar player.  I assume Shirley will produce, so my advice to him would be to listen to Strangers in the Night and MSG at Budokan until his ears bleed !!!

So, Joe & Glenn seem to have made-up; all well & good. I'd rather now they move on than re-visit BCC.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

BCC always a hot topic here.Plus  or minus.

As far as touring goes if you look at history it would seem a limited tour if anything.He might do that in the time slot he has done the three kings tours.
I am sure this time around ground rules have been set for whatever.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

- Why am I negative about this?

Joe could do this type of music perfectly well without Glen Hughes, - with any number of singer/bassists, - hey I am sure Micheal could play the hard rock bass lines better than a lot of them. - Singers, - well why not get Axl Rose, - I joke,  but I just do not see this as a progressive action, - it is negative, it is going back on something that has already been done, and what the entire music business/entertainment sector is lacking is progression, - it is stagnating. Joe is a fantastic position to do something brave, but going back is not brave, it is safe, and because of that I am disappointed.

I make no apology for this being itself negative, as I am sure the vast majority of you will lap up as much re-hashing as you can... It is only one opinion amongst many.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

41 (edited by wvgirlinky 2016-04-21 08:41:21)

Have not posted in a long time but his is very wonderful news. Saw Joe and Glen's tweets. Excellent.  Love Song of Yesterday just a the best song live.  Thanks Joe , Kevin and Glenn.  Hope the others  are in as well.

BansheeUK wrote:

So, Joe & Glenn seem to have made-up; all well & good. I'd rather now they move on than re-visit BCC.

I tend to agree with you

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

rpic wrote:

No thanks.  I simply do not care for GH vocals.

Just me... I know who cares what I think.

Me too. His shrieking ruins the songs for me. I also disliked that in the Deep Purple Mk III and IV line-up. If GH stays away from a microphone, BCC is a good band.

No, really ???  Seriously? 

Don’t get me wrong I really liked BCC in the early phases but Afterglow was one of those CDs which I could easily use as a coaster.  I got the strong impression Joe was not that much into making it, it sounded too half hearted to my ears.  Mind you, some great Joe songs came out of the other two (Ordinary Son – still one of my faves) and they were fantastic live.  As a rock lover, I’m half and half about this really.  Let's watch this space!

The giver from afterglow was probably one of my favorite songs from them. Really had the feel and mysticism of the 70s to me, or at least how I imagined it.

Thanks for the kind words Jane.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

I think I'll just keep my my comments to myself. Safer that way.

Mee too Natasha

Seeing how I didn't get a chance to see them the first go around, I am very much looking forward to what they can do and not going to miss them this time around

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

nmagcorn wrote:

So why post?

johnreardon wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

So why post?

Not all posts have to be "Yay!" or "Boo!" and enumerate the reasons why, but still join the discussion to "cast a vote," even if that vote is "no comment." :)

I wasn't a fan of BCC for the reasons others have already posted. But there's enough enthusiasm in this thread that I won't rain on other's parade. I'm sure I'll still get enough of Joe's non-BCC music and shows, or at least as much as I can afford!

I'm seeing him twice next month, once with a M&G that I'll bring my son to again.

SenseAbility Gym, a 501(c)(3) public charity run gym and play space for kids with autism and sensory processing disorder. 100% volunteer staffing.

timb wrote:
johnreardon wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

So why post?

Not all posts have to be "Yay!" or "Boo!" and enumerate the reasons why, but still join the discussion to "cast a vote," even if that vote is "no comment." smile

I wasn't a fan of BCC for the reasons others have already posted. But there's enough enthusiasm in this thread that I won't rain on other's parade. I'm sure I'll still get enough of Joe's non-BCC music and shows, or at least as much as I can afford!

I'm seeing him twice next month, once with a M&G that I'll bring my son to again.

Sorry, I just think it's a bit childish.

I like any of Joe's collaborations, particulary with great singers like Beth Hart, Paul Rodgers & Glen Hughes.

Chawbacon wrote:

Kevin Shirley says its happening

Caveman!
Like This Page · 4 mins  ·

We're refurbishing the fuel tanks and refitting the rocket.
Getting ready for takeoff in 2017 again, and I'm fired up ... who's ready for another dose of BCC!?

https://www.facebook.com/CavemanProduct … mp;theater

Im probably reading a lot into the pic at this Facebook page,  but Joe looks detached smile 

Maybe a better more convincing pic would be to replace Bonham with Joe,  so Kevin could appear as the mediator smile

53 (edited by Jane H. 2016-04-21 13:42:54)

I'm pretty sure that picture is from years back, FWIW

i keep wondering how this came about. I can imagine all sorts of reasons, this one needs money, that one needs money, the JB store has to  get rid of some stagnant stock IDK
but i am really wondering if possibly this idea came about because Joe had a Bunch of songs for the BOD album that maybe Kevin said hey these would work great as BCC songs. I doubt it but that would be cool IMHO.
I just hope Joe is comfortable with the idea of doing another album and it all works great.

Ian916 wrote:

- Why am I negative about this?

Joe could do this type of music perfectly well without Glen Hughes, - with any number of singer/bassists, - hey I am sure Micheal could play the hard rock bass lines better than a lot of them. - Singers, - well why not get Axl Rose, - I joke,  but I just do not see this as a progressive action, - it is negative, it is going back on something that has already been done, and what the entire music business/entertainment sector is lacking is progression, - it is stagnating. Joe is a fantastic position to do something brave, but going back is not brave, it is safe, and because of that I am disappointed.

I make no apology for this being itself negative, as I am sure the vast majority of you will lap up as much re-hashing as you can... It is only one opinion amongst many.

I disagree in my opinion. I do think Joe could do much without these same players, I was having similar thoughts after listening to Mountain Climbing this morning but i don't think that this music was or will be a look back.
It may have been done in the classic rock style whatever that means if indeed it means something but i thought the music was fresh too. and in regards to some others comments i think Joe's guitar was a great fit for the rest of it, I would not have changed any of that. parts of the reasons i like the band's music was because Joe's parts were unique compared to his solo stuff. I also really buy into the thing Glenn was saying, there is a demand for this sort of thing. I actually believe that wholeheartedly but the way the music industry has lobotomized the general public with media shut out of most decent current rock in the past few decades its going to take a removal of that media roadblock but then it really goes to my rock and roll fantasy and how the Bonamessiah will save the world by getting people to use their powers to demand justice when they realize that they could do it with demanding music justice, then they will apply it elsewhere.

but anyway yeah also i don't know all of the contributions but its fairly well known i thought that Glenn did contribute much in the song idea/writing and some of that is my favorite stuff so i don't think it could be the same and the fact that the songs in the three albums were pretty unique to each other i think the only similarity will really be their individual styles if anything, music wise. i think it is progressive in terms of Joe movement and also i guess music style too? I dunno, to me if the songs are different enough its moving forward to me.

i dunno but i am so curious how the notion came to be to try it again. I don't need to know but if it were that Joe had written some stuff that Kevin thought would be great for BCC and Joe agreed that would be cool but its just a guess. i forget where but maybe in the KS interview or one of the webisodes but i kind of recall Kevin saying Joe had brought 20 songs or something for the BOD writing/.recording so that is why i thought this is a possibility.

nmagcorn wrote:

Having a voice and not using is a bit like demanding to be ignored.... Not having a go at you specifically here Natasha, but the forum has become very “safe”, - it needs more debate and discussion and that can’t come from everybody here kissing ar*e...

- Good to hear your opinion Jane, - - for me “Mountain Climbing” is the worst track on the album because it is so bland, - it could say something about where I am in my life right now, - but I am getting so bored with this safe repetitious bland riff heavy song as exhibited on this song. I think I know where you are coming from, - Joe in a band, or even playing behind somebody else does bring out a new dynamic, - the most enjoyable live performance I have seen of Joe was when he was playing with Beth Hart because he looked so much more relaxed.

- I love riff heavy rock, my taste goes a lot heavier than BCC, so it is not the music that does not engage my ear, it is more to do with the fact that BCC are just another band amongst so many playing this type of thing.- The industry is killing itself, - and yes there is a demand for thus type of stuff, but I think Joe is good enough to do a lot more, yet KS is playing it safe.... Contentious? Enough from me, it would be interesting to read more opinions.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun