Re: Black Country Communion Reunion Confirmed

Woo Hoo. Now the wait.
I'm sure there will be mixed reactions. Not all Joe's fans are Hard Rockers.
I know a couple who are. Right Jane? tongue
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

Woo Hoo. Now the wait.
I'm sure there will be mixed reactions. Not all Joe's fans are Hard Rockers.
I know a couple who are. Right Jane? tongue
Rick

I am most definitely a hard rocker, so much so that it sometimes grates on me when there are horns on Joe's songs, however they are better when played live. I liked BCC very much but this is a mixed bag, if this keeps Joe from touring solo then I'm against it, if he can do both then ok.

Apologies ... this classic SNL moment popped into my head today ...

http://beatleslane.com/video/lorne-mich … eatles.htm
(click the play button lower left of video screen)

(Link courtesy of BeatlesLane.com / Video Copyright - Broadway Video)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

I hope Joe isn't giving up too much to make this happen. I remember the times when it was too intense for him with a huge run of solo shows going on at the same time.

But that aside, I'm sure it will be fantastic to see what they produce next year!!

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

This is amazing!  Hope they go on the road... If they do, I am sending them a map to Australia! big_smile

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

And let's put together a proper U.S. tour please.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

I am THRILLED! BCC was one of my favorite rock bands and I am really excited they're back together.

PLEASE Kevin , Joe, Glenn, Roy, anyone involved... SOUTH AMERICA, please!! I was heartbroken with the thought of never seeing this band live when they first broke up.

This is gonna be amazing!!

I'm broke, motherf**ker!

meh

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

No thanks.  I simply do not care for GH vocals.

Just me... I know who cares what I think.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Serious news!

rpic wrote:

His vocals are just fine, I just can't his stand his "rock star" preening, that face he makes with his mouth open just takes me out of it.

Say what you want about Glenn Hughes, but the man puts some serious heavy rock on paper, that is just perfect for Joe.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

I am really excited about this. I hope that they have all learnt some lessons from what happened before.
An Australian tour is essential if this is to be a complete success :-)
Good luck with it Joe!

well...I love hard rock but so much drama and to be honest Glens voice gets boring very quickly. my two cents

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

34 (edited by Jane H. 2016-04-20 23:33:34)

newbonafan wrote:
rpic wrote:

His vocals are just fine, I just can't his stand his "rock star" preening, that face he makes with his mouth open just takes me out of it.

I agree completely. I can deal with it but well I won't elaborate. Its hard to watch but I love the music.
and to reply to misthunter210's most excellent original post, no i had to stop following Glenn online for my own sanity but let me tell you its still ok because...the music.

the whole writing process is fascinating to me though, knowing that much of it is what they have on their own coming together with it to the studio. i am quite curious though if Joe and Derek might get together on any of it ahead. or any other combo really. I also am thinking the British Kings tour may hopefully heavily influence Joe's songwriting state of mind

Ian916 wrote:

“the King is in the altogether”....... smile

smile speaking of clothes,  I hope Jason's patched those reeeeeedikuLESS jeans since that photo shoot. EEEEEK!!!!!!

Glenn posted on Twitter: relaunch of Rocketship BCC in 2017

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)