Re: Why isn't Joe on the radio

Deezer wrote:

Basically, the way I see it, Joe's going to sell a million copies before he'll even get a shot on the radio. The way he's doing it now, it grows slowly but it grows stronger, because the people you turn him onto are

anybody know how many copies HTCT and Y&M sold???

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

Basically, the way I see it, Joe's going to sell a million copies before he'll even get a shot on the radio. The way he's doing it now, it grows slowly but it grows stronger, because the people you turn him onto are

This one belongs in the old topic section. big_smile

I played 6 songs on Blues Friday between 8 am 9 pm Central Time.

bipolarbear wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

NEVER!!!!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
bipolarbear wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

NEVER!!!!

Guess I should have clarified my post. What I meant was... this question has been asked several times before about various albums of Joe's - and to my recollection, has never been answered.
Danny

bipolarbear wrote:
Rocket wrote:
bipolarbear wrote:

NEVER!!!!

Guess I should have clarified my post. What I meant was... this question has been asked several times before about various albums of Joe's - and to my recollection, has never been answered.
Danny

Well the pat answer has to be-not enough.  Each successive recording out does the preceding one.  Sounds like success to me!!! 

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I think you may need a subscription to Billboard music or something and look it up there?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

im going to stick up for xm bluesville here.  first of all, they do play him.  as a matter of fact were it not for bluesville i would have never heard of joe, they played so many roads so time at the beginning of this year and it was probably the most blown away id been by a new musician in my entire life.  meaning that is was a new song me hearing it not *that* long after it was recorded and i consider it to be timelessly great.  anyhow, i can thank bluesville for hearing it and thus discovering joe.  i listen to bluesville a lot and the fact of the matter is they just have A LOT of variety.  i have heard joe on there two other times outside of that first time and once on another station playing if heartaches were nickels.  but bluesville really doesnt play a lot of one particular artist at all and i love it because as a consequence i am finding out about new people all the time and discovering good old blues musicians i havent heard.  honestly since i have everything joe did for me personally i dont want to hear him on the radio.  i mean since i own  all his albums.  however the bigger part of me wants him to be played on the radio though because i think he is a world clas musician who doesnt have near the audience he deserves.  but dont say bluesville doesnt play him enough, because i have heard him on there three times, which is the most ive ever heard any one person on there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

27 (edited by ZCat 2007-08-08 12:42:09)

Radio sucks, anymore. sad

When we were up in Chicago last week, the car we had rented had XM radio.  Absolutely loved it, very impressed, even though we didn't hear Joe...

Music is good for the Soul...

Yesterday Arrow rock radio played Another kind of Love in their bluesbox show. Sounds like he's a real favourite there, judging from the enthousiasm of the presenter. smile

We have just one world, but we live in different ones.

MillionMilesAway wrote:

I did have some luck with a station in Chicago known as the X

was able to get through to the program director and even got a response!!!!

Seems he thought I was a record promoter, huge EGO, tiny body parts...

I will resume my quest as the CD release date gets closer,

BUT had success with another college station in Dekalb, IL NIU

http://www.onthewaterfront.com/

They are sponsering the stage that Joe will play in September in Rockford ILL

I will get the program directors E-mail and I think we should all introduce ourselves!!!!

Did you ever have any more luck with XRT? Or is that the X station you mention?

Great job with DeKalb station. big_smile

I'm just saying.