1 (edited by airportdon 2016-02-03 19:44:55)

Topic: Chandler Custom Bonamassa Telepathic guitar

Pretty neat and some history as well:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-BONAMASSA-C … SwJb9WsNR7

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Re: Chandler Custom Bonamassa Telepathic guitar

Telepathic! Does it play what you are thinking of, or just broadcast the music directly to your brain?
No wonder so much $$$.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

$25,000! lol  Yeah, right.

I do not recall seeing Joe axtually play it ever.  The Chandlers I did see him play many times were selling for somewhere closer to $600.00.   

Why all the shouting in the Ebray blurb?!

It kind of reminds me of the sparkly Tele Danny Gatton showed young Joe though.

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

That was up for sale a few months ago for several auctions. The guy kept listing it for around 4K. Never sold to my knowledge but this looks like a different guy listing it. It was on the cover of Guitar One magazine with Joe when he was written about along with John Mayer and Derek Trucks. I have the issue. I wanted the guitar but for more like $2,500. I have the other Chandler Strat of Joe's just wanted it for no other reason than that. I saw him play it in Kansas City in 2003. Have a picture of it. I told the seller only a hardcore Joe Bonamassa nut like me has ever even seen the guitar or knows the story would care about it. I think I insulted him with my offer cause I never heard anything back. wink

I looked at that a year ago and it was under $5K, I thought it was overpriced.  This seller must think he's gonna hit the lottery, or smoking through a glass pipe.

Holy crap is this guy for real?
I have Joe's blue Gigoloiti strat that he played countless times. Must be worth more then that..... Come on I saw this guitar sometime back also clearly the guy does think he will hit the lottery,.. Who knows he may

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:

I have Joe's blue Gigoloiti strat that he played countless times. Must be worth more then that..... Come on I saw this guitar sometime back also clearly the guy does think he will hit the lottery,.. Who knows he may

Yeah I think he's fishing for the big one out there as well....I posted it for info only

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

airportdon wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Yeah I think he's fishing for the big one out there as well....I posted it for info only

Cool thanks for posting

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Well well well. This is not surprising. For those of you that have been around here for a while, you may remember a big fiasco having to do with a flying V I purchased some time ago. It was SUPPOSEDLY the one Joe used to audition for U.F.O. back in the day.

I came to find out, despite letters of authenticity (which weren't worth the paper they were printed on), that it was in fact NOT that guitar.

Anyway, the guy selling this is the same guy that sold me that guitar. For the record, all ended well.....I got my money back. Obviously, the one at hand here is if nothing else is the real deal. It's just not a real deal. LOL.

I'm sure he is banking on a sucker for this one. Sheesh. SMH.

Once again.., Bob was a friend who continues to choose a path of scamming people out of money and using my family name like it is his own penny bank.  The guitar is worth 500 dollars add a dollar that I played it.  Bob is someone who is to be avoided at all cost... I'd rather buy a Bluesbreaker combo from music ground ...if that tells you anything.
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Once again.., Bob was a friend who continues to choose a path of scamming people out of money and using my family name like it is his own penny bank.  The guitar is worth 500 dollars add a dollar that I played it.  Bob is someone who is to be avoided at all cost... I'd rather buy a Bluesbreaker combo from music ground ...if that tells you anything.
Joe B

I agree that it is a $500 guitar however it's history adds value to some of us. Goldie selling for 36K proved that. There are some of us that are willing to pay for pieces of Bonahistory. I consider this one a sentimental favorite of mine. Hence my willingness to pay 5 times its value just not 50 times. However from Bob I wouldn't pay anything. Thanks for the heads up. I had no Idea he was the guy that was selling it although I think he wasn't the original buyer from Elliot. That guy had the magazine cover in the listing. I offered him $2K plus fees and shipping up to $2,500 because I'm not into just your former guitars but certain guitars. wink I actually saw you play it twice. Once in KC and once in Tulsa at the Avalon that and it on the cover of Guitar One made me want it. I'm a Bonadict of guitars but even this guitar junkie has his limits. Don't think I'll ever be able to acquire any of the current crop. sad

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Thanks for chiming in Joe

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Is that the same Music Ground I'm thinking of, used to be in Leeds (UK)?

Cos if so and you had a bad experience then we have something in common...I got ripped off in my younger, less knowledgeable days, when I sold them a Les Paul Custom and they paid me (IIRC) £900 ony to then see it up on the wall at over £2000 a few weeks later...

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

14 (edited by xavier 2016-02-06 10:03:14)

Adrian J wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Cos if so and you had a bad experience then we have something in common...I got ripped off in my younger, less knowledgeable days, when I sold them a Les Paul Custom and they paid me (IIRC) £900 ony to then see it up on the wall at over £2000 a few weeks later...

There's one still in Denmark Street in London.
Alongside rip-off deals, Music Ground as a company have had a history of selling off less-vintage guitars as the real thing and mixing & matching instruments to produce guitars that are ultimately worthless.

There was a documentary made about Music Ground a few years ago, exposing a story where they were an accessory to robbery of a vintage guitar shop in Italy where the guitars (mostly Fenders) were stolen, modified to become untraceable, and sold by Music Ground as rare vintage examples.

A place to be extremely cautious of.

Anyway with regards to the Chandler, if it concerns Joe that much would it be worth filing a formal complaint or a lawsuit, if he's making a profit on the back of your name without permission, or is that a bit extreme?

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

xavier wrote:
Adrian J wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Really?? I'm a regular visitor to Denmark Street and don't remember seeing that...and it would be something I'd notice... Or do they trade under a different name?

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Utica Classic guitars in my opinion should be avoid at all cost. Three reasons... One the guitar may be mine but at 25 thousand is laughable. Two: Bob has a history of fake authentications regarding my name with his past dealings with my father. The reason the business closed and my father is relieved to be away from him after a 20 year friendship. Three: personally Bob is someone that took advantage of our family name for his own financial gain and simply continues to do so to save face with past clients and other claims and promises. 
The guitar was listed for 4,000 dollars many times. Didn't sell.. So add 21,000 and bingo.
Worse than the Harrison's at least they smile before they screw you over. Bob just types in Capital letters. A small man who will get what he deserves in the end.
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Utica Classic guitars in my opinion should be avoid at all cost. Three reasons... One the guitar may be mine but at 25 thousand is laughable. Two: Bob has a history of fake authentications regarding my name with his past dealings with my father. The reason the business closed and my father is relieved to be away from him after a 20 year friendship. Three: personally Bob is someone that took advantage of our family name for his own financial gain and simply continues to do so to save face with past clients and other claims and promises. 
The guitar was listed for 4,000 dollars many times. Didn't sell.. So add 21,000 and bingo.
Worse than the Harrison's at least they smile before they screw you over. Bob just types in Capital letters. A small man who will get what he deserves in the end.
Joe B

Yup what goes around comes around. In the end he will pay the piper

Adrian J wrote:
xavier wrote:
Adrian J wrote:

Really?? I'm a regular visitor to Denmark Street and don't remember seeing that...and it would be something I'd notice... Or do they trade under a different name?

Ground floor of Hank's Acoustic Guitar Shop.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst