Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Off to work, got to drop in a cd that was sent by Jdawg "Rebel Rock", a killer compilation of southern rock.

Have a good day....Dave

"people say I'm no good,..... crazy as a loon"

"if you dont like the way I'm livin, just leave this long haired 
           country boy alone"

"Direct Me"-Otis Redding...

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

147 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2007-11-05 12:32:39)

The Black Keys - The Breaks

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Tonight

Colbie Caillat - ( Bought CD at JFK on Way Home ) Great Relaxing Acoustic Feel and Such a good Voice Too !
Sugarland     -  Twice the speed of life ..... Singer is Awesome
The Hoax ( Live ) - Thanks Cathy wink   Great Blues
Bloodline  ( Live )  Wetlands NYC  Mar 8th 1995 - Thanks Joey Beacon    cool
Back Door Slam        That Singer/Guitarist is so Good

......................... Michael

Just Lounging

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

The Black Keys - The Breaks

Goood call.

An appropriate song as I am wound up like a stone age humbucker right now...The Doobie Brothers, "Takin' It To the Streets"

Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Tangerine by Led Zeppelin

Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Rocket wrote:

An appropriate song as I am wound up like a stone age humbucker right now...The Doobie Brothers, "Takin' It To the Streets"

Rocket

ROCKET! OMG! (insert gagging sound) "Just say NO" to the Michael McDonald era!!!!

Hey Stu, Down Boy!!! I like M.Mc.  and if you recall so does J.B. His voice works for me! lol  Still luv ya, Cathy

cathysiler wrote:

Hey Stu, Down Boy!!! I like M.Mc.  and if you recall so does J.B. His voice works for me! lol  Still luv ya, Cathy

I know, I know...I just so vividly recall the day when I bought that album when it came out. I excitedly unwrapped the album, put it on the turntable, and thought, "What the hell happened to the Doobies?"

It's really not a bad album, in fact it's quite good and I grew to like it a lot. I just wasn't prepared (or willing) to give up and/or exchange the old Doobie's sound for the new one.

155 (edited by Rocket 2007-11-08 13:47:54)

I do! I Do Bee! But for some reason I can't resist that one song.....The bass counterpoint or...?

Stu Craig wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket

ROCKET! OMG! (insert gagging sound) "Just say NO" to the Michael McDonald era!!!!

I can verify I felt EXACTLY the same way Stu..."What the hell happened to the Doobies?" I was at a friends and when I got home I whipped out my Captain & Me exhaled and went "Aaahhhh!!!"

Rock On & Keep teh Faith,
Rocket

Stu Craig wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

I know, I know...I just so vividly recall the day when I bought that album when it came out. I excitedly unwrapped the album, put it on the turntable, and thought, "What the hell happened to the Doobies?"

It's really not a bad album, in fact it's quite good and I grew to like it a lot. I just wasn't prepared (or willing) to give up and/or exchange the old Doobie's sound for the new one.

The Pretender - Foo Fighters

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

I'm listening to Joe. (HOB Cleveland show  11-01-2007) downloaded from dime.  Just heard Ball Peen Hammer live for the first time.   cool

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

159 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2007-11-09 08:43:18)

Deezer wrote:

Deezer - excellent choice. I freaking LOVE their new album. Did you see their new video? It's hilarious.

FooFighters are in my top 3 favorite bands of all time. What can I say?

Lets see, I got to find something different today for the trip to work. Yesterday it was some flamenco........here we go.....it's been awhile since i dropped this in ....Tim O'brien...."red on blonde". I remember John saying he never heard of the dude, so he must not be very good. Well, if I think his Dylan cover album is allright with me, could be wrong though??.....nah

Dave

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

Deezer - excellent choice. I freaking LOVE their new album. Did you see their new video? It's hilarious.

Ah yes. Very good. Good video too.

Foo Fighters are a new favorite of mine. I enjoy their stuff. In the end, you just can't beat good tunes.

The new Kid Rock is really good too. Almost Bob Seger-like. I freakin' love it. His best record so far. He even doesn't cuss as much.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Deezer wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

Ah yes. Very good. Good video too.

Foo Fighters are a new favorite of mine. I enjoy their stuff. In the end, you just can't beat good tunes.

The new Kid Rock is really good too. Almost Bob Seger-like. I freakin' love it. His best record so far. He even doesn't cuss as much.

Grohl has good taste in guitars too... gotta love that.

Interesting story: one of my art professors in college went to high school with Dave Grohl's dad.