Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Re-post.  My message got deleted by accident.

Coming home from Nico's swimming lesson, we were listening to Around the Bend, Black Night, Jelly Roll and Richmond from Joe's CD Sloe Gin.  Nico loves the new version of Around the Bend.

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Nancy in Chicago wrote:

Kenny Wayne Shepherd "Ledbetter Heights".

I must admit I've not heard KWS before and that's been my loss. This is some good sh*t.

send me your address - ive got a present for ya wink

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

So does Nico need a Karoake player now???

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Dean wrote:

Re-post.  My message got deleted by accident.

Coming home from Nico's swimming lesson, we were listening to Around the Bend, Black Night, Jelly Roll and Richmond from Joe's CD Sloe Gin.  Nico loves the new version of Around the Bend.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

76 (edited by Rocket 2007-08-10 16:59:26)

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Hmmm everbody always finds something to fault with Robben, even his best fans! :-/
I like this CD, Blue Moon was good, Keep On Running was good, Supernatural was good, the long ago stuff was good, the Bloomfield tribute I love...,etc.  Check out the Solo/ Outro on"Nobody's Fault But Mine", sounds like Joe( Edit add on: Moonchild Blues solo too)?!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

jim m wrote:
the dude wrote:
jim m wrote:

Just got it today. Preordered on Amazon. It has some good stuff on it but I definately prefer Blue Moon. His last album that came out in 2003 I think is better too. Keep on Running. Still like it though. It is #20 on Amazon right now which is amazing. Would be surprised if when Sloe Gin is released that it doesn't make the top ten.

Interesting, Jim.  I liked Blue Moon but didn't really care for Keep on Running (I thought the vocals and production were a little weak in places).  Just goes to show that taste is an individual thing.  I think we can both agree that Robben puts on a great show live, though.  And seeing him is the reason I got introduced to Joe's music, so I'll always be grateful for that, too.

I find the production or the over all sound of this album is one of the things I don't like about it. Over saturated bottom end. Like they were going for a raw sound. It isn't all like that though. It is still worth it for Moonchild Blues which has long been performed live. I have been a fan of Robbens since Talk to Your Daughter and saw him for the first time when he toured with Jonie Mitchell. I like the album it just won't be one I leave in the player for weeks at a time.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

77 (edited by Rocket 2007-08-10 16:39:02)

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

I think it was a filler vocal after tracks were laid down from the last session of You & Me or the first session of Sloe Gin??? I'm guessing only as I do not know.  I like Joe's better as it seems to be done in earnest as opposed to as I said, what I feel were just filler (aka as "working vocals" )...Bogie is on the drums and Doug is using a word no one wants to hear (except maybe guys like me).  Can't comment on Joe's "Tea For One" vocal BipolarBear,. Not having heard it certainly makes me want to, but it's hard to imagine it topping Doug's in all (opinionated, of course) honesty....But I'm sure I would enjoy it. Shirley wanted it, but Joe ultimately decides for Joe apparently (good!).
Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

the dude wrote:
Keith wrote:

"Sloe Gin"...just listened to the album version, now listening to the  earlier version w/Doug Henthorn on vocals, sans police sirens. Both are amazing, and I'm still stunned every time I listen to either one.

Whoa, what?  I never heard about a version of Sloe Gin with Doug Henthorn.  How'd you come by that, Keith?  I like DH's voice, but I can't imagine his version is better than Joe's having heard it on the Bob Harris show.  Sloe Gin seems like it was made for Joe and his vocal qualities.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Glenn Hughes-Music For The Divine- an unbelievable cd top to bottom. His Deep Purple days and old Trapeze tunes I love, but his newest solo cd is nothing short of brilliant. Hard rockin, funky, soulful, great songwriting, singing and playing. Do yourself a favor and get this one. It's on I Tunes and in stores as well. FYI Chad Smith from Red Hot Chili Peppers is on drums. Nuff Said

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Thanks fot the advice Bogie. I'll have a listen.
I have the Hughes/Thrall album from 1982. very good too.

Andre Wittebroek.

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Cruisin' home from work yesterday the Bone 107.7 cranked up one of their "B" sides as they call them, No Trains To Heaven by Bebop Deluxe. Talk about diggin' deep. Good to hear from the Carolina Kid, wassup Bogie?????? Headin' out a little later to catch a dead ringer of a Skynyrd tribute band w/ the Shredmeister, we're gonna work the room for Joe's sake.

                                                                                                  Sweet Home Alabama,

                                                                                                  J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Cruisin' home from work yesterday the Bone 107.7 cranked up one of their "B" sides as they call them, No Trains To Heaven by Bebop Deluxe. Talk about diggin' deep. Good to hear from the Carolina Kid, wassup Bogie?????? Headin' out a little later to catch a dead ringer of a Skynyrd tribute band w/ the Shredmeister, we're gonna work the room for Joe's sake.

                                                                                                  Sweet Home Alabama,

                                                                                                  J Dawg

hey dawg work that room real well. just don't pee on anyones leg .......joe

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Rocket wrote:

Hmmm everbody always finds something to fault with Robben, even his best fans! :-/
I like this CD, Blue Moon was good, Keep On Running was good, Supernatural was good, the long ago stuff was good, the Bloomfield tribute I love...,etc.  Check out the Solo/ Outro on"Nobody's Fault But Mine", sounds like Joe( Edit add on: Moonchild Blues solo too)?!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

jim m wrote:
the dude wrote:

Interesting, Jim.  I liked Blue Moon but didn't really care for Keep on Running (I thought the vocals and production were a little weak in places).  Just goes to show that taste is an individual thing.  I think we can both agree that Robben puts on a great show live, though.  And seeing him is the reason I got introduced to Joe's music, so I'll always be grateful for that, too.

I find the production or the over all sound of this album is one of the things I don't like about it. Over saturated bottom end. Like they were going for a raw sound. It isn't all like that though. It is still worth it for Moonchild Blues which has long been performed live. I have been a fan of Robbens since Talk to Your Daughter and saw him for the first time when he toured with Jonie Mitchell. I like the album it just won't be one I leave in the player for weeks at a time.

When you wait for 4 years for a new release expectations run a little high Rocket. I have listened to it a few more times and it is growing on me. Still don't like the overall sound of it. The material is good. the guitar playing is classic Robben. Just think the production of the sound is lacking. His vocals sound great a lot of doubling of his voice and reverb. The drum and bass sound is horrible. Other than that I like it.

83 (edited by Rocket 2007-08-11 23:38:38)

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

I agree on the bass & drum sound jim...very obtrusive and uncomplimentary in places!  The kick drum sound is ridiculous in places!  Sounds like they miked a mini-trampoline being hit with a garden rake

jim m wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Hmmm everbody always finds something to fault with Robben, even his best fans! :-/
I like this CD, Blue Moon was good, Keep On Running was good, Supernatural was good, the long ago stuff was good, the Bloomfield tribute I love...,etc.  Check out the Solo/ Outro on"Nobody's Fault But Mine", sounds like Joe( Edit add on: Moonchild Blues solo too)?!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

jim m wrote:

I find the production or the over all sound of this album is one of the things I don't like about it. Over saturated bottom end. Like they were going for a raw sound. It isn't all like that though. It is still worth it for Moonchild Blues which has long been performed live. I have been a fan of Robbens since Talk to Your Daughter and saw him for the first time when he toured with Jonie Mitchell. I like the album it just won't be one I leave in the player for weeks at a time.

When you wait for 4 years for a new release expectations run a little high Rocket. I have listened to it a few more times and it is growing on me. Still don't like the overall sound of it. The material is good. the guitar playing is classic Robben. Just think the production of the sound is lacking. His vocals sound great a lot of doubling of his voice and reverb. The drum and bass sound is horrible. Other than that I like it.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

joebeacon wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Cruisin' home from work yesterday the Bone 107.7 cranked up one of their "B" sides as they call them, No Trains To Heaven by Bebop Deluxe. Talk about diggin' deep. Good to hear from the Carolina Kid, wassup Bogie?????? Headin' out a little later to catch a dead ringer of a Skynyrd tribute band w/ the Shredmeister, we're gonna work the room for Joe's sake.

                                                                                                  Sweet Home Alabama,

                                                                                                  J Dawg

hey dawg work that room real well. just don't pee on anyones leg .......joe

Skynnyn Lynyrd was a Sat. night special. I've seen these guys once before and they were very good, but what a difference a year, one more guitar player, and an additional back-up singer makes. Shred will back me on this, these guys were on fire. We passed out a mess of cards and I made sure Shred was well hydrated with amber nectar. After the band finished up I dropped a card on all the guitars and bass player and got a huge response from all of them since they played the annual Redwood Run with Joe last summer.

                                                                              Honk If You Support Southern Rock,

                                                                              J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Johnny Winter "captured live", and it's cranked up, gotta hit the replay and see the neighbors faces again, looks like they had some bad food or something, i think they all at the same place.

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Shredit wrote:

Johnny Winter "captured live", and it's cranked up, gotta hit the replay and see the neighbors faces again, looks like they had some bad food or something, i think they all at the same place.

Shred I forgot to tell you last night that other guitar player on Captured Live is Floyd Radford who was 18 or 19 yrs. old when that was recorded, kinda like that 17 yr. old lead player in Skynnyn Lynyrd last night. That kid last night has a future ahead of him, I hope he's expanding his horizon's beyond the tribute stuff. I can't believe I went in that casino last night and never wagered one red cent!!!! It was BIGG FUN!!!! There's the phone, guess who left her shades in my truck and wants to by me a drink downtown. Could it be a Vulcan trick??????????????

                                                                                               Think Green,

                                                                                               J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

87 (edited by Shredit 2007-08-12 20:21:57)

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

ohiodawg13 wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Johnny Winter "captured live", and it's cranked up, gotta hit the replay and see the neighbors faces again, looks like they had some bad food or something, i think they all at the same place.

Shred I forgot to tell you last night that other guitar player on Captured Live is Floyd Radford who was 18 or 19 yrs. old when that was recorded, kinda like that 17 yr. old lead player in Skynnyn Lynyrd last night. That kid last night has a future ahead of him, I hope he's expanding his horizon's beyond the tribute stuff. I can't believe I went in that casino last night and never wagered one red cent!!!! It was BIGG FUN!!!! There's the phone, guess who left her shades in my truck and wants to by me a drink downtown. Could it be a Vulcan trick??????????????

                                                                                               Think Green,

                                                                                               J Dawg

My music vault is upgrading everytime a forum friend hooks me up. I've had that disk crankin more than once today, thanks. And there is nothing like have banging on the stage when them fellows smoked freebird. Close your eyes and it was as close as you get for Skynard, they had that crowd roaring didnt they.

Shred

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

King`s X Dog Man ......hope somebody knows this song.....great!!!

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Country Girl, Johnny Winter, on Sirius CH 74. Just signed up for the free trial, might as well use it.

                                                                                                  GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                                                                  J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

A Million Miles Away, Gov't Mule, Live from last Friday night at 9:30 Club in Washington, DC.  Mule rocks!

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues