5,887

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Worth the rambling intro...
Bonnie Rait and Lowell George    https://youtu.be/x4tJiyU_gjY

5,888

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Different level of outstanding 

SRV, JLV, A.Strehli, K.Wilson - Don't fall for me baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont … p1VDHzoFiE

5,889

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

The Doors - People are Strange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3CHi_9sxj0

5,890

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

John Hyatt and Joe - Here to Stay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb8jxlOBKIs

5,891

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Everlast - Smoking and Drinking

https://youtu.be/mYGGfK4bqVs

5,892

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Angelina Jordan - Valerie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqmJLkgk2Ik

5,893

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

DALIDA - "J'Attendrai" ( mama - this one is for you )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SeiLHvWRr8

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

more from Mr Thornley, what a great talent that nobody knows, unless you live in Canada ........... you might remember Big Wreck from the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9311VAKAb0

"Every day I feel is a blessing from God, and I consider it a new beginning.....yeah, everything is beautiful"...... Prince

5,895

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Trippin' on XTC - Green Jello

https://youtu.be/Tbf0pO4YvF8

5,896

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Making a playlist for my Sister's birthday of all Todd Rundgren songs.  Came across this one to share.

https://youtu.be/uvirx2JRJEg

5,897 (edited by ahsmith33 2018-09-21 08:37:54)

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

just love me some Todd, thanks man

I was watching a Big Wreck cover of this same song with Ian Thornley (my man crush I guess) and it was just OK but I came across this cover and thought some levity for Friday would be a good thing. Do they have moonshine in Finland cause that's about all that is missing ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Ao-iNPPUc


Curby wrote:

Making a playlist for my Sister's birthday of all Todd Rundgren songs.  Came across this one to share.

https://youtu.be/uvirx2JRJEg

"Every day I feel is a blessing from God, and I consider it a new beginning.....yeah, everything is beautiful"...... Prince

5,898

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

ahsmith33 wrote:

just love me some Todd, thanks man

I was watching a Big Wreck cover of this same song with Ian Thornley (my man crush I guess) and it was just OK but I came across this cover and thought some levity for Friday would be a good thing. Do they have moonshine in Finland cause that's about all that is missing ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Ao-iNPPUc


Curby wrote:

Making a playlist for my Sister's birthday of all Todd Rundgren songs.  Came across this one to share.

https://youtu.be/uvirx2JRJEg

Awesome cover!

5,899 (edited by BansheeUK 2018-09-24 06:50:02)

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Curby wrote:

Making a playlist for my Sister's birthday of all Todd Rundgren songs.  Came across this one to share.

https://youtu.be/uvirx2JRJEg

The current issue of Classic Rock (#254) has a feature on Todd Rundgren this month; their essential playlist is as follows:-

Hello It's Me
Couldn't I Just Tell You
International Feel
Just One Victory
A Dream Goes On Forever
Real Man
Cliché
Love Is The Answer
Can We Still Be Friends
Second Nature
The Very Last Time
Parallel Lines
Fidelity
Bat Out of Hell
Something to Fall Back On
Hammer In My Heart
Past

Thought you'd be interested, for a comparison.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Uriah Heep - Living The Dream

What's this, their 25th studio album? Whatever, it's an absolute stormer of a piece of Classic Rock. I don't know how they do it, on first listen it's like Mick Box has set his alarm for 1972 but the sound overall is sharp & modern. Box's playing is as good if not better than ever, Shaw's voice is powerful and no signs of cracking; Lanzon's keys matches Hensley, but turbo-charged. Nwbie on bass, Dave Rimmer echoes both Thain and Boulder and Russell Gilbrook is a mighty hammer behind the drums. Somehow, they're still managing 8 minute epics (Rocks In The Road) to match Juy Morning & the like as well as machine gun riffing.

Don't doubt it, Heep will go on longer than Brexit negotiations.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

5,901

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Paul McCartney ‘Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da’ (Live from Grand Central Station, New York)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlUCvqnILG0

5,902

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

BansheeUK wrote:

Uriah Heep - Living The Dream

What's this, their 25th studio album? Whatever, it's an absolute stormer of a piece of Classic Rock. I don't know how they do it, on first listen it's like Mick Box has set his alarm for 1972 but the sound overall is sharp & modern. Box's playing is as good if not better than ever, Shaw's voice is powerful and no signs of cracking; Lanzon's keys matches Hensley, but turbo-charged. Nwbie on bass, Dave Rimmer echoes both Thain and Boulder and Russell Gilbrook is a mighty hammer behind the drums. Somehow, they're still managing 8 minute epics (Rocks In The Road) to match Juy Morning & the like as well as machine gun riffing.

Don't doubt it, Heep will go on longer than Brexit negotiations.

Couldn't agree more Mike - stonking album.

5,903

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Truth from An Evening With John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess. One beautiful song!!

5,904

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Sorry to shake a boundaries of this thread a little - but it is Friday night, so who cares

"Water Music Suite No.3 in G Major, HWV 350: V. Country Dance"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cm1f5EAjl4

this movie is so powerful and so good ( and based on a true story) . Mads Mikkelsen is an amazing actor. Remember watching it and getting whole body cold chills from a scene in a carriage towards the end of the movie... Mads eyes and the way the other guy grabs the cross...genius )

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1276419/