Topic: Howdy from Austin!

Being a guitar nut, I've known about Joe for quite awhile, but I had never seen him in concert and didn't really know what he was all about.

A few weeks ago, my wife and I were running an errand, and I saw a billboard advertising Joe's upcoming gig at the Moody Theater. My wife didn't know Joe but heard me exclaim "Joe Bonamassa!" under my breath. A couple days later, she surprised me with tickets.

We went to the show this past Saturday and were completely blown away. I'm not a huge concertgoer, but I've seen some good acts like Paul McCartney, Page/Plant, and Prince. Joe's show ranks right there at the top of the best I've seen. He's an amazing talent, but it's clear he works hard at his craft, too. He wants the audience to have a great time, and boy did he deliver! I'm already looking forward to my next chance to see him play.

Re: Howdy from Austin!

Chad wrote:

Being a guitar nut, I've known about Joe for quite awhile, but I had never seen him in concert and didn't really know what he was all about.

A few weeks ago, my wife and I were running an errand, and I saw a billboard advertising Joe's upcoming gig at the Moody Theater. My wife didn't know Joe but heard me exclaim "Joe Bonamassa!" under my breath. A couple days later, she surprised me with tickets.

We went to the show this past Saturday and were completely blown away. I'm not a huge concertgoer, but I've seen some good acts like Paul McCartney, Page/Plant, and Prince. Joe's show ranks right there at the top of the best I've seen. He's an amazing talent, but it's clear he works hard at his craft, too. He wants the audience to have a great time, and boy did he deliver! I'm already looking forward to my next chance to see him play.

Welcome to the forum! I kinda have the same story as you.  I'm a guitar player who had heard of Joe but never heard or seen Joe until last December thru dvd's only and I was blown away,  he truly is amazing!  We saw him in New Orleans last tuesday before thanksgiving.  We did the meet and greet and I hdxhim sign two of his guitars for me.  He's a great guy, down to earth...  That was my first time seeing him live and he blew my girlfriend and I away!  If I could I'd catch him in Mobile tomorrow!

Enjoy the forum, everybody is extremely cool here and they can answer any question you may have!

"There's a hard life for every silver spoon, there's a touch of grey for every shade of blue.  That's the way that I see life.  If there was nothing wrong, then there'd be nothing right." - Brent Smith
"The blues aint nothing but a good man feeling bad". Leon Redbone

Hi and welcome to a great forum also. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Hi welcome to all things Joe.
Many great people here and many gear nuts. Looking for you to join in.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Hi welcome to the group  enjoy the topics...lots of info..

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Welcome to the forum Chad

Enjoy the topics and good company

Cheers! cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Welcome to the forum Chad!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"