Topic: Troy Redfern Band

Have to admit, I’m a sucker for hot, slide guitar, and I’ve seen a fair share just this last month, then this new guy comes along and blows my head. I’d swear, Troy Redfern is part alley-cat; half mischief, half menace; he doesn’t so much shout his blues as a low growl that makes you want to listen to his Backdoor Hoodoo. He and the band just explode on stage and carry you along until the only respite of the evening, Salvation, which just simmers menace, and that is cranked up by his ferocious take on the Blind Willie Johnson classic John the Revelator. Making up Troy’s power trio are former Freddie King & Paul Rogers bassman – Stuart McDonald and driving drumming from Alex Bridge; as formidable a backline as they come. Closing a powerful set, as Troy called it, “corny, but the reason we picked up the guitar”, a screaming take on Voodoo Chile..

This band really kick up the dust; recommend you get dirty with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhkJSOn … k0OaRg6u-j

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

Re: Troy Redfern Band

One of my top “finds” from 2015, Troy’s hitting the road in 2016; recommend you catch him if you can:-

Jan 22 The Booth w/ Troy Redfern Band,... Hereford,
   Feb 12 White Horse Clun Lydbury North,
   Feb 13 Hereford Blues Club Booth Hall Hereford,
   Feb 18 Blues in the Woodlands w/ Troy Redfern Band,... Gillingham,
   Feb 19 Broadstairs Blues Bash Broadstairs,
   Mar 05 Left Bank w/ Mick Ralphs Blues Band Hereford,
   Apr 30 Left Bank w/ Deborah Bonham Hereford,
   May 03 Tuesday Night Music Club Coulsdon,
   Aug 12 Farmer Phil’s Festival Shrewsbury,
   Aug 28 Bridgnorth Festival Bridgnorth,

I knew there was one there somewhere...…can't believe it got so far down (27pages!!)

So, since then, Troy release one of my favourite albums of 2018, Dirt Blues Ritual; became one third of RHR who released Mahogany Drift shortly after, (H being Jack J Hutchinson, the 2nd R being Mike Ross).

Announced yesterday, Troy Redfern will be [officially] releasing his new album This Raging Heart on Feb 26th; but if you can’t wait until then, he’s taking pre-orders on his website and will send out as soon as they come in; and he’ll even sign if asked. Or if you're really patient, you can  pick it up on the road as Troy will be touring with Wille & The Bandits through Feb & March.

Looking forward to this one…...

Newcastle Cluny - 6th March..
So anyone who likes their slide guitar hot, mean and bluesy had a veritable feast last night in Toon down at the Cluny.
First serving was the incendiary Troy Redfern, lean, mean, blues-rockin’ machine, clad in black and looking like as well as playing like he shares some DNA with Earl Slick. With a backline like stampeding horses Troy dealt out some Backdoor Voodoo and exposed his Raging Heart as he swapped between Strat, Les Paul, the beloved Silvertone and battered National Steel in a too rare in these parts, frentic set.