Topic: Hi, everyone!

Just joining today.  My son just turned 7 this summer and has high-functioning autism, ADHD, and perfect pitch.  He's been playing guitar for just over a year and now plays acoustic and electric, bass guitar, mandolin, ukulele, and dulcimer guitar.  He played his first public gig with his father (a science teacher and self-taught guitarist/singer) last summer at a local bar after getting the uke for his birthday.  This summer, two local TV stations caught his story and things have just exploded from there.  He is now playing an average of two shows a month with his dad.  The pinnacle (I know, but so far it really has been!) happened this past weekend when he guested with his guitar teacher, Nick Gravelding of the Gravelding Brothers Band (formerly of Frostbit Blue for you Upstate NY'ers who may remember them) at our local Blues on the Bridge in Binghamton, NY.  As far as I know, he's the youngest person to ever perform in the event which is now in it's 15th year.

We took our son to see Buddy Guy this past spring in Ithaca, NY and we all had a really great time but were unable to get Buddy's attention even though we were only a few rows back.  I'd love for Joe to know that the Blues are alive and well with the younger generation and that we love his music so much!  Our son can play everything from John Denver to Rolling Stones as well as BB King, Stevie Ray, Duran Duran, AC/DC, Jim Croche, and everything in between but his favorite is blues improv.  We are working on improving fluidity and variety as sometimes he tends to hang out in one position too long and things can be a bit choppy as he forgets to leave his fingers in position long enough. His brain is always 500 feet ahead of his fingers-- and he has a severe stutter because his mouth can't catch up, either!  He is also starting to make up some of his own songs which is really fun.

I guess I am unable to post links because I'm new?  Maybe I can later.  Take care!

Mom to 7-year-old autistic guitar prodigy, wife to teacher/active musician.  Just along for the ride...

Re: Hi, everyone!

Hi
Welcome to the group....lots of info here and all kinds of topics.....enjoy yourself !!!

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

That's a great intro!

You can't post links that people can click on, but you can post the text of a link. We'll just have to copy and paste into a browser, but I'd love to see a video if that's what you're linking to.

If you still have a problem, use the private message (PM) under my avatar and I'll post your link for you.

tim

Awesome! Welcome.

hi and welcome

Welcome to the forum!!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

7 (edited by RickB 2015-10-10 20:55:47)

Hi! Welcome to the forum. That's wonderful that your boy has found a niche in music.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Hi and a belated welcome also. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome, enjoy

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Hi colleague,

a warm welcome from Germany! Music can be a source of joy and heal a lot of handicaps. Have fun here...

welcome to the forum.

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Nice to have you here!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy