Re: Joe on the Tonight Show

seventh.sway wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:
Bluesbreaker wrote:

Are there any clips of the latest Tonight Show gig?

There is a link on this thread to the show. I did up a video of just Joe's parts and tried to put it on youtube but was forbidden from doing so because of copyright infringement. I posted it instead right onto facebook and also sent a copy to J&R. Maybe they can put something up.

Whereabouts on FB can I find the video? I cannot open the NBC link to the show with being outside the geographical 'acceptability' (in the UK). Would be great to see the condensed version of the show with the significant important parts highlighted

It's in the Joe fan group "BonaMoments"

nmagcorn wrote:
seventh.sway wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

There is a link on this thread to the show. I did up a video of just Joe's parts and tried to put it on youtube but was forbidden from doing so because of copyright infringement. I posted it instead right onto facebook and also sent a copy to J&R. Maybe they can put something up.

Whereabouts on FB can I find the video? I cannot open the NBC link to the show with being outside the geographical 'acceptability' (in the UK). Would be great to see the condensed version of the show with the significant important parts highlighted

Thanks Natasha. Shamefully, not a member of that group. I better sign up now! :-)

Thank you!!

Great performance indeed.......I don't think Jimmy's backing band knew what hit them.......

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

seventh.sway wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:
seventh.sway wrote:

Thanks Natasha. Shamefully, not a member of that group. I better sign up now! :-)

Thank you!!

Me too.

I have added my friend Annie and a chap we both met at a show and later on back at the hotel. Hope that's ok. Not too sure if they want to join but I hope they will!

Joe and Principal Skinner lighting up the Tonight Show! And the famous Principal Skinner pin, How Cool is that Jane H????

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I taped it and watched it this morning.  In a word...awesome!!  Joe had a very nice introduction from Jimmy along with a plug for his new live album.  All in all, great exposure to fans and he continues to extend his reach to other influential entertainment peeps.

Watched it tonight.  Joe really stood out.  Never heard the roots sound so good.  Brad Paisley seemed to be really impressed with Joe.  So fun to watch.

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Only saw a few bits so far but so much more than in past appearances on late night shows.  From the back of a flatbed truck to the Tonight show - bonawho no more.  It's like seeing one of your kids graduate 1st in their class.  (and you all think it was tough getting good seats before....)

Congrats, Joe - you've earned this.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

I almost made it, but woke up on the couch as the closing was going on. Thanks for the excerpted vid Natasha I got my sleep and JoeB too! big_smile. He killed it!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

You can watch the show on the Tonight Show site :  http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/vid … ey/2895220

That was pretty cool!

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Yeah, that was awesome! Joe was impressive...like always.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

68 (edited by xavier 2015-09-06 12:18:46)

For a sit-in that was a surprising amount of air-time. I'm impressed.

Nice of Jimmy to acknowledge Joe though, and for The Roots to crack out some of Joe's catalogue.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

69 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-09-06 20:56:51)

I registered at the LesPaulFourm a few years ago ... to lurk and learn from the stands ... only have a couple of posts in 2 years (they really know LPs in there,) ... but I did post up a new Thread with a link to Joe's Fallon show (NBC website) on the Forum.  A few LPF members posted up ... and I just checked the Thread today and see Joe Posted up with this little tidbit from his sit in ... (got my smile for the day) ...

I fed ex'd a high power twin that showed up not working. So I used a reissue twin with a tube screamer. It's a great rental rig. The keyboardist was freaked out by the volume so we threw blankets over it. Just like on Letterman I almost burned the studio down the twin was so hot by the end of the hour. We buy the strap locks in bulk from breweries. They are great until you have a Bigsby.
Joe B

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

I registered at the LesPaulFourm a few years ago ... to lurk and learn from the stands ... only have a couple of posts in 2 years (they really know LPs in there,) ... but I did post up a new Thread with a link to Joe's Fallon show (NBC website) on the Forum.  A few LPF members posted up ... and I just checked the Thread today and see Joe Posted up with this little tidbit from his sit in ... (got my smile for the day) ...

I fed ex'd a high power twin that showed up not working. So I used a reissue twin with a tube screamer. It's a great rental rig. The keyboardist was freaked out by the volume so we threw blankets over it. Just like on Letterman I almost burned the studio down the twin was so hot by the end of the hour. We buy the strap locks in bulk from breweries. They are great until you have a Bigsby.
Joe B

Are you able to post a link to the thread?

What hurts to learn, will make you wise.

Joe you were awesome!.....I just felt so good to see up there...