Re: Joe on the Tonight Show

Can't wait to watch this, I have it recorded.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

YES to everything you said, I felt the same way-even clapping and cheering! tongue Jason's comment first had me saying, what did he say? big_smile I would have enjoyed being a fly on the wall after the show, we know Joe got everyone's attention. I think Joe will be invited back.

I think Joe's team should send Jimmy his entire record collection and front row tickets or side stage tickets to Joe's upcoming New York gigs!  Just saying and not sure what time the show is recorded...

nmagcorn wrote:

That was so freakin' cool!! Joe just blew them away on that show! Jimmy Fallon was beside himself he was so excited, mimicking Joe's fingering afterwards, lol! And then Jason Sudeikis noticing him as well, "Hey white dude!" Joe captured everyone's attention. I couldn't help but clap and cheer! So cool that they were playing Joe's songs during the breaks too. Joe really looked happy to be there. That really was awesome!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

39 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-09-04 08:05:25)

Thanks Jane for posting the link for us.

Thought of u as soon as I saw Principal Skinner on the strap as the camera swopped in. Congrats!

My Comcast DVR did capture it ... but broke the show up into 3 parts ... first time that has ever happened. When I saw "Recording Was Interrupted" in "Yellow" at 2:30 am ... I woke right up!! (Only missed one commercial cut of a Joe audio.)

(Was bummed because the DVR has all the concerts (Palladia and PBS versions), along with Letterman and Conan, saved on it ... it's about maxed out.)

For those on Comcast ... Fallon shows are on On Demand for a couple of days after airing.

(Brad Paisley guesting on a studio record some day ... or Joe on his next?)

Great show Joe!!  6B is well cleansed now!!  Congrats!!

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

40 (edited by cindyron 2015-09-04 09:06:20)

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Thanks Jane for posting the link for us.

Thought of u as soon as I saw Principal Skinner on the strap as the camera swopped in. Congrats!

My Comcast DVR did capture it ... but broke the show up into 3 parts ... first time that has ever happened. When I saw "Recording Was Interrupted" in "Yellow" at 2:30 am ... I woke right up!! (Only missed one commercial cut of a Joe audio.)

(Was bummed because the DVR has all the concerts (Palladia and PBS versions), along with Letterman and Conan, saved on it ... it's about maxed out.)

For those on Comcast ... Fallon shows are on On Demand for a couple of days after airing.

(Brad Paisley guesting on a studio record some day ... or Joe on his next?)

Great show Joe!!  6B is well cleansed now!!  Congrats!!

fyi Brad has already played on Joes records
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

41 (edited by DougH 2015-09-04 09:49:13)

I thought the "white dude" comment was funny.. Joe was sure blushing...

Now we just need Jimmy to bring Joe back as a musical guest since he mentioned the Radio City concert coming out in Oct..
Maybe he'll let Joe do a full song for national TV.

Joe got more 'air time' than I expected though.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

cindyron wrote:

cheers Ron

thank you for the memory jolt ... darn sleep deprivation. smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

What great exposure! I loved all of it including Jason's comments. Made me laugh, and the band too. Joe sure has come a long way to overcome being so shy and his response of "I'm on the Tonight Show" was spot on. And what an honor to have his music played at every break. Another Bonathrill for the devoted! smile

As a long time Stevie Winwood fan, I remember reading an article about Steve being a white boy singing the blues.  It Is What It Is!!  And like many things in life, sayings have different meanings and observations. Its all good here...

So...

Speaking of Stevie, I especially liked hearing Joe do the Had To Cry Today riff last night. It has to be one of the ALL time BEST guitar riffs ever, which personally, I still credit Joe for turning on sooooo many more music fans by covering that song since Blind Faith played it. Historically, its hard to believe it was never significantly covered before Joe IMO.

And being in a New York State of Mind, one of my all time favorite concerts was Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton in Madison Square Garden, the opening song, Had To Cry Today, set the bar high for an outstanding show!!

As Cathy said, I am just SO BONATHRILLED!!  wink

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

I thoroughly enjoyed both Joe's and Brad's performances. I wrote about it in my blog today, and included the picture Joe put up on his Twitter feed of Brad playing Principal Skinner backstage! wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Jane H. wrote:

I am blanking on this, what record was it?? Thanks

RoadcaseBoy wrote:
cindyron wrote:

cheers Ron

I'm stumped myself. Are we sure they're not confusing Brad with Vince Gill (another great Telecaster player)? Vince played on a couple of tracks on Dust Bowl...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

I am blanking on this, what record was it?? Thanks

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

I'm stumped myself. Are we sure they're not confusing Brad with Vince Gill (another great Telecaster player)? Vince played on a couple of tracks on Dust Bowl...

yup I am surely losing brain cells. yes Vince Gill i had a señor moment. Hey it was a test and you guys passed....yeah right.
Thanks Coach
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I kept falling asleep but did manage to catch the Had to Cry Today riff. A total surprise and joy to hear it!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

cindyron wrote:

yup I am surely losing brain cells. yes Vince Gill i had a señor moment. Hey it was a test and you guys passed....yeah right.
Thanks Coach
cheers Ron

Don't worry about it, Ron! My memory seems to have a Teflon coating on it these days too...  big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Are there any clips of the latest Tonight Show gig?

Bluesbreaker wrote:

There is a link on this thread to the show. I did up a video of just Joe's parts and tried to put it on youtube but was forbidden from doing so because of copyright infringement. I posted it instead right onto facebook and also sent a copy to J&R. Maybe they can put something up.

Coach305 wrote:

Thanks for jumping in Coach ... I have been scratching my head during work all morning ... I refused to Google.

I was sure Ron had to be correct. 

I was going to grab a magnifying glass and the liner notes to Blues Deluxe, Black Rock and Dust Bowl when I got home tonight and go from there through the catalog. big_smile  (Didn't think it could be BR or DB since they had "featuring" stickers on their jewel cases of BB and Vince only.)

I cant wait till I get home to see the show, everyone at work was notified so they better have seen it, or recorded it!

nmagcorn wrote:
Bluesbreaker wrote:

There is a link on this thread to the show. I did up a video of just Joe's parts and tried to put it on youtube but was forbidden from doing so because of copyright infringement. I posted it instead right onto facebook and also sent a copy to J&R. Maybe they can put something up.

Whereabouts on FB can I find the video? I cannot open the NBC link to the show with being outside the geographical 'acceptability' (in the UK). Would be great to see the condensed version of the show with the significant important parts highlighted