Re: New release: Radio City DVD

Just watched the bluray and will say that I really enjoyed it all the way through. I enjoyed the layout of the setlist. I liked the flow better on the bluray than the cd. If the cd was formatted the same as the bluray, it would have been more solid with me. Really enjoyed the bonus feature as well. 

How many tracks were played at radio city but left off of this release?

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

misthunter210 wrote:

Just watched the bluray and will say that I really enjoyed it all the way through. I enjoyed the layout of the setlist. I liked the flow better on the bluray than the cd. If the cd was formatted the same as the bluray, it would have been more solid with me. Really enjoyed the bonus feature as well. 

There were 21 songs played at the show. These are the ones not included in the official release:

Acoustic:
Stones In My Passway
Slow Train
Athens to Athens

Electric:
Sloe Gin
Ballad of John Henry
Hey Baby/Oh Beautiful

Thanks Natasha, well we got the three acoustic tracks as a bonus. I know we have several live versions of the other three but I would still love to have them. Maybe they will get released in the future.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic

Well, Phil and I finally got a chance to sit down and watch the Bluray of the show and I have to say it brought back such wonderful memories. We had such a great time at these shows and hanging out with everyone and it really was special to relive it all. And now I have to admit I'm really missing Tal, Carmine and Lenny. They brought so much fun to the whole thing. Love seeing their smiles. Still adjusting to the change. I did like the way this Bluray was filmed because for once they weren't concentrating on the back of someone's head when Joe was soloing or zooming in on one person when they should be looking at someone else. It's been kind of a pet peeve of mine regarding the other releases and it was so nice to finally watch a production in which the camera was focused and zoomed in on the person who was soloing. And the split screens were cool because that way you could see all the different musicians and you didn't miss out on when they were playing their important parts. So, thank you for doing it this way. I thought that even though songs were left out from the original show, it all blended well on the bluray and felt cohesive. And I can understand how they wouldn't want to keep doubling and tripling up on songs that have already been in prior releases. I think my favorite song from the show was definitely "One Less Cross To Bear". Nice to hear it again with all the verses, gives it a bit more punch. ( "Extra verse, hmm was there another, I don't remember" wink ) And it was also quite cool to see ourselves in a pan of the audience. Could have had better expressions on our faces, lol, but at 23:48 we are there. The only audience shot that didn't include the main guy who the film seemed to be focused on, so that seems like some Joe magic working there. Thanks to whoever filmed that shot smile

I ripped the audio from the bluray and listened to it on my drive in.  I listen to the CD Thursday.  I like the format of the Bluray better and I think the crown noise is louder on the cd than the bluray.

Another Premier Live Concert captured on Film, i gots both The DVD for friends to lend to and see, I got The Blu Ray for myself.
Loving the cinematic feel, great bonus about the build up, Joes presents, just all cool
Yeah i agree Natasha "One Less Cross To Bare" is stunning and punchy, wish it were on this tour, i really love it, other major standouts "Still Water" "I Can't Be Satisfied" "Double Trouble"
"I Gave Up Everthing For You, 'Cept The Blues" "Love Ain't A Love Song"
Really Gutted i missed this show but i've had my fair share of Joe DVD Shows ( Don't want to be a Greedy Pants lol )
Need to play this more and let it sink in,
Must say Philippe Close and his team have got this Joe Bonamassa DVD production to The Finest Art.

............. Michael

"One Less Cross To Bare"  cool

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

nmagcorn wrote:
misthunter210 wrote:

There were 21 songs played at the show. These are the ones not included in the official release:

Acoustic:
Stones In My Passway
Slow Train
Athens to Athens

Electric:
Sloe Gin
Ballad of John Henry
Hey Baby/Oh Beautiful

22 actually if you include the first take of "I Gave Up Everything For You, 'Cept The Blues"

80 (edited by mutantofthemonster 2015-10-11 17:37:50)

JJ wrote:

I ripped the audio from the bluray and listened to it on my drive in.  I listen to the CD Thursday.  I like the format of the Bluray better and I think the crown noise is louder on the cd than the bluray.

I would wholeheartedly agree...Mix on CD is much better than DVD...Much warmer due to higher level of crowd noise during songs!!! Wish they would have mixed the DVD that way too!!

81 (edited by wvgirlinky 2015-10-12 10:55:54)

Got to watch it and Yes Coach that is what Saturdays are for. tongue

I loved the entire thing. fabulous and Joe was having such a good time.  The bonus behind the scenes was just so great.  Love Joe's mom and dad and the gift they gave him was just such a sweet moment.  What a great recording and the audio is so good too.  Loved the split scene. Very interesting.  Kind of cool that at the beginning it started with the heading One Day in New York City and then it followed the couple watching Joe.  Their names are in the credits so I hope they really did enjoy the show as much as it looked like they did. Made it more like a film than a video of a concert

Nice review: http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/194296/9

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Jane H. wrote:
misthunter210 wrote:

I like how they are doing the CD/Video combo packs instead of splitting them off. Is the vinyl going to be European release only? I don't see a preorder for it.

i just happened across this USA site selling it - says in stock? I am wondering if the vinyl has all the songs?
http://www.secondspin.com/s/product/396 … iUoHCsqddw

Thanks Jane, Got my today from my local shop for 31.99. Great Buy.

84 (edited by JJ 2015-10-23 10:16:03)

Jane H. wrote:
misthunter210 wrote:

I like how they are doing the CD/Video combo packs instead of splitting them off. Is the vinyl going to be European release only? I don't see a preorder for it.

i just happened across this USA site selling it - says in stock? I am wondering if the vinyl has all the songs?

According to Amazon's UK website for the vinyl, it lists 13 songs.  The vinyl from Amazon UK works out to about $26 if you pay in GBP and have a no foreign exchange fee on your credit card.

Back cover:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/9 … L1500_.jpg

Link to Amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013 … ROKL5A1OLE

85 (edited by mutantofthemonster 2015-10-23 23:06:52)

JJ wrote:
Jane H. wrote:
misthunter210 wrote:

According to Amazon's UK website for the vinyl, it lists 13 songs.  The vinyl from Amazon UK works out to about $26 if you pay in GBP and have a no foreign exchange fee on your credit card.

Back cover:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/9 … L1500_.jpg

Link to Amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013 … ROKL5A1OLE

Vinyl has same 13 songs and in same order as CD.

Jane H. wrote:

OK thanks for that info

well I FINALLY got this gem. i planned to get it from my fav store for these things and prob would have gotten a sale price if i hadn't waited so long , it was $25. i mean its worth it but i should have gotten it at the show last week...

since i had sen the truncated TV version i decided to watch the bonus footage first. I just couldn't stop smiling, it was just super great and too cool. a beautiful thing. and now I know its Caleo not Galeo. I am often searching around the web for something to give joe as a gift and ever since the 2006? calendar came out with that photo on one of the pages i been occasionally searching around to find some other related memorabilia. but with a G not a C LOL! listening to Joe talk about it though i have the feeling he has spent considerable time and probably more looking himself. i'd never excell at guitar safari but i like to think i am a formidable challenger in the "picker" hobby. fun to see him look at the details on top of the emotional happy happy joy joy of the episode. What a super gift and getting to see the presentation and hear Joe's parents talk about it and them together was a real treasure as a fan and friend!!! thanks you

the dvd is excellent too although i got distracted watching it so i hope to give a better song by song etc type review in the future. these things just really do keep getting better and better. this might rival RAH in my book......glad for the difference in them all though so i can justify easier not being able to choose

i still have the booklet to look forward to opening and ....the CD!!!! i must absolutely without a doubt make myself at least one copy of this before attemptiong to play it because i can scratch a cd just by thinking about it unfortunately

Jane, you are an absolute inspiration.  We are all Joe fans on this web site or else we would not be here, but you are special.  You take such joy in your passion, which is everything Joe.  I envy you.  I get distracted by outside problems.  Not that you don't have negative things in your life, like all of us do, but you are able to compartmentalize those issues and concentrate on what makes you happy.  I am really going to work on being able to be more like you. You are a blessing.  If you are ever in Clearwater, fl, let me know, I would love to meet you.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.