Re: New release: Radio City DVD

Bill S wrote:

I pre-ordered a week or so ago. Really looking forward to the release!

I sprang for the pre-order as well. One can never have too many Joe DVDs (or coffee mugs)...  big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Looking forward to this release. We had such a great time at these shows and it is one of the few DVD's that has Tal on it and I love watching him do his thing. Wish they had released the whole show. Would have preferred that to some of the extras, but what can you do. At least I have my own video of the songs they didn't include.

nmagcorn wrote:

Looking forward to this release. We had such a great time at these shows and it is one of the few DVD's that has Tal on it and I love watching him do his thing. Wish they had released the whole show. Would have preferred that to some of the extras, but what can you do. At least I have my own video of the songs they didn't include.

Yeah. A shame that some songs are excluded. But hey: we get a new Joe DVD. Cool.
Exactly. We can luckily watch your videos for other stuff. :-)

Few DVDs with Tal on? Well he played 3 Tour de Force gigs , Beacon, Radio City and Iridium.
Maybe it is his last with Joe. But I am hoping for another RCFP DVD. Baked Potato. That would be a Killer DVD.

22 (edited by DougH 2015-09-06 09:11:49)

They're not putting the whole show on the DVD/Blu-ray??

didn't see that mentioned anywhere in this post, till Natasha brought it up.

The pack includes over 75 minutes of music, based on his half-acoustic, half-electric set. It includes two newly-recorded songs, nine previously unreleased live tracks, over two hours of video, a 45-minute documentary and a 40-page collector’s book

I guess you're right.. at 75 min.. it's not a full show.. every time I've seen Joe 140min's long for his concert

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

They're not putting the whole show on the DVD/Blu-ray??

didn't see that mentioned anywhere in this post, till Natasha brought it up.

The pack includes over 75 minutes of music, based on his half-acoustic, half-electric set. It includes two newly-recorded songs, nine previously unreleased live tracks, over two hours of video, a 45-minute documentary and a 40-page collector’s book

I guess you're right.. at 75 min.. it's not a full show.. every time I've seen Joe 140min's long for his concert

Checking the tracklisting on Mascot's site it is apparent that songs that have been on previous releases were not included which makes perfect sense to me. Although we know each version of the songs are different the average fan may look at the tracks and determine it isn't any different than something they already own seeing the familiar titles. No Sloe Gin, Mountain Time which when played live made the show the length we were accustomed to. The acoustic set was changed to include some versions unique to that night. There is not another artist that releases the number of DVD's that Joe has in recent years. You have to think of it in terms of how you make them unique to the average fan. Great packaging and unique song content. I am always impressed with the speed that that can go from capture to release.

Totally agree here Jim

7 songs missing on the release.

Stones in my passway  a pity that it is missing
Slow Train   O.K. for me
Hey Baby  a pity but just had on Muddy
Oh beautiful    same here
Sloe Gin   O.K. for me
John Henry   O.K. for me
Athens to Athens   O.K. for me

So all in all the loss is acceptable
Cannot wait for the Blu-ray
Pre-ordered

I wonder how they can make the Radio City a pin?

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

I'll take every version of most of the songs on that excluded list so that's a disappointment for me but I'm still excited for the release.

What's the best price anybody has seen for the vinyl preorder? I believe I saw one for 44.00 but I'm not a fan of spending that much on a record. I'm guessing the final price and more reasonable price will be around 30.00 bucks.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

Huzzah! The package arrived today, and before long I'll be enjoying the DVD while wearing my new t-shirt and sipping single malt from my new mug! big_smile

A question: Those three free tracks Joe's letting us download via email are ones excluded from the DVD/CD release, correct? If so, that's just another proof of how much Joe listens to us...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Came home from work and found a nice surprise in the mailbox! New plan for the evening....

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Rusty wrote:

Came home from work and found a nice surprise in the mailbox! New plan for the evening....

I know, right? I have to wait until the Royals game at Wrigley and the Chiefs game on Monday Night Football are over, so I'll be up late tonight!  big_smile

BTW, folks, those three free songs available for download via email? Gems...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

30 (edited by whirlwind 2015-09-29 19:25:22)

listening to the cd now....holy cow...loving "Hidden Charms"  smile

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Not sure if its just me, but it seems like Joe kicked it up a notch for the Radio City shows. The guitar work is brighter, the vocals are about the best I've heard from Joe. A+

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Rusty wrote:

Not sure if its just me, but it seems like Joe kicked it up a notch for the Radio City shows. The guitar work is brighter, the vocals are about the best I've heard from Joe. A+

I agree with you 100% Rusty.....this is the best I have heard yet also.

I am also listening with my new headphone amplifier and this cd is just absolutely amazing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/20379588@ … datetaken/

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Got mine too.  Loving it!

whirlwind wrote:

listening to the cd now....holy cow...

Yes, indeed! My short review: Remember those cartoons we used to watch as kids where a character got mashed flat as a pancake by a steamroller? This is the musical equivalent.  wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

I didn't have time to watch it all but I did watch the bonus footage. Liked seeing  Clay, Eric, Mike and Colin having a good time with it. The backstage home movie like experience with the special gifts from Papa and Mama Massa. The interview with Joe really makes you realize he is living the dream and not taking any of it for granted. He is just enjoying the whole experience even though he is under a lot of stress with the upcoming DVD shoot.

I landed Thursday night before the filming and cut loose a little bit in NYC excited for the experience of seeing the Hall. I had a slice of Pizza you know NY style on the way back to the Hotel. The next day I was so sick I couldn't even sit up in bed. Missed the Friday show and was barely able to make the Saturday show. I still felt like warmed over death. So I'm glad to have the show to watch with out my head hurting. The sound is amazing. I have to say where Kevin really shines is his live mixes. From LFNIP to this most recent live DVD absolutely stellar. I wish I could of enjoyed the actual show experience a little more but this made me forget my weekend in hell last January.

I haven't told anybody this but I topped it off by showing up at the airport Sunday morning only to find out I had missed my flight by two days. I somehow booked my return flight for Friday not Sunday. After a 3 hour wait I got on a flight heading west. Oklahoma City by way of Houston. Which was better than a connecting flight out of Oakland which is where the ticket agent thought I was trying to get to. Oklahoma accents don't work well in NYC. I have tickets to Carnegie Hall but feeling like it might be wise to wait for the DVD. I love NY but not in January and Pizza and I have been at odds with each other ever since I went NY style.

36 (edited by guido 2015-10-01 08:05:27)

jim m wrote:

I didn't have time to watch it all but I did watch the bonus footage. Liked seeing  Clay, Eric, Mike and Colin having a good time with it. The backstage home movie like experience with the special gifts from Papa and Mama Massa. The interview with Joe really makes you realize he is living the dream and not taking any of it for granted. He is just enjoying the whole experience even though he is under a lot of stress with the upcoming DVD shoot.

I landed Thursday night before the filming and cut loose a little bit in NYC excited for the experience of seeing the Hall. I had a slice of Pizza you know NY style on the way back to the Hotel. The next day I was so sick I couldn't even sit up in bed. Missed the Friday show and was barely able to make the Saturday show. I still felt like warmed over death. So I'm glad to have the show to watch with out my head hurting. The sound is amazing. I have to say where Kevin really shines is his live mixes. From LFNIP to this most recent live DVD absolutely stellar. I wish I could of enjoyed the actual show experience a little more but this made me forget my weekend in hell last January.

I haven't told anybody this but I topped it off by showing up at the airport Sunday morning only to find out I had missed my flight by two days. I somehow booked my return flight for Friday not Sunday. After a 3 hour wait I got on a flight heading west. Oklahoma City by way of Houston. Which was better than a connecting flight out of Oakland which is where the ticket agent thought I was trying to get to. Oklahoma accents don't work well in NYC. I have tickets to Carnegie Hall but feeling like it might be wise to wait for the DVD. I love NY but not in January and Pizza and I have been at odds with each other ever since I went NY style.

Ahh, memories!

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?