Re: Sky High Ticket prices

Wow Dawg that would be awesome to see 755/756,,, think anyone will throw the ball back? lol doubt it ... Be sure to take some pictures and have a great time ( Break a leg Barry )   Paul

JBrules wrote:

Wow Dawg that would be awesome to see 755/756,,, think anyone will throw the ball back? lol doubt it ... Be sure to take some pictures and have a great time ( Break a leg Barry )   Paul

No I don't think anybody will throw that one back. Two of my friends were in the pile for #700 last year, one of them actually got close to the ball, but came home with nothing but cuts, bruises, and a shredded t-shirt. If you see the replay of that one on ESPN, which they're showing a lot this week, My buddy Bob is the one back to the camera wearing the Schmidt jersey.

Baseball, Hotdogs, & Apple Pie,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Just saw Bonds play the Brewers this weekend - everytime he swung the bat there were
thousands of camaras going off.  I though it would be neat if he did it in the same park
as Hank Aaron even though the boo-birds were out in force.
Jaci

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind.  Mick Jagger

Ticket prices...I have mixed feelings.  I'm going to Crossroads (Ticketbast#rd"s not scalper's price) but in all honesty I was sure Joe would get asked! But, this is "history" and who knows who, including me, won't be here next year. For the money, I choose Festivals and the Blues Cruise over big shows. I do ,occationally, get the VIP ticket because I'm old and I get cranky..I need a good seat, something to drink and SHADE. Mostly I prefer to see lesser known bands ( so many and so good esp. with all the ones I've learned about here). And I try to support my local bands as much as possible. Both options generally mean a smaller, more user friendly venue. Now, there are 2 local groups, Susquehanna Social Club and Full Moon Blues that put on shows. They have had Sonny Rhodes, Savoy Brown..acts that just don't come around here..but they've gotten to where they get smaller, more regional bands that I can drive to a club and see for free. Why? Because the folks that have gotten used to only paying $20 get whiney when they are asked to pay more . Mind you, it's been $20 for 25 years!!! I think that's going to change, at least for Full Moon because Kellie and I get to book the next one. (Can't afford Joe, although both are benefits for good causes). So, the price is going up because the quality is also going up! Those that don't like it can stay home! It's the smaller touring bands that are threatened with extinction so please keep that in mind..........Cathy

Jaci wrote:

Just saw Bonds play the Brewers this weekend - everytime he swung the bat there were
thousands of camaras going off.  I though it would be neat if he did it in the same park
as Hank Aaron even though the boo-birds were out in force.
Jaci

The last two he hit in Chicago didn't get thrown back, even Cubs fans won't deny what is about to happen.

Hopin' 4 Thur.

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Roy, I can understand your opinion, I hope you feel the same way about Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, Jose Canseco, Jason Giambi, Raphael Palmeiro, Roger Clemens, hell probably even Brady Anderson, and all the others that were on the juice train at the same time. They celebrated Sammy's #600 in Texas recently and in the post game interview he spoke fluently to the press about it. However when he was questioned by Congress he was unable to answer due to his problem with the language barrier. Go Figure!!! Hopefully the game will return to an honest and level playing field.

Think 6 to 4 to 3

J Dawg

Deezer wrote:

As much as I agree, the simple truth of the matter is that as long as there is demand, the prices will go up. As long as someone wants to pay a crapload to see the Stones, the ticket prices are going to be a crapload. Fortunately, the good news is that when people stop paying that money, the prices will come down.

True. The Rolling Stones will NEVER stop touring.  Especially when they get hundreds of dollars for tickets.  Although when VanHalen found out a sold out venue in GreenBay arena was only so big, they cancelled the show. unreal! That was years ago though.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

IMO...Until ALL athletes are tested, the use of steroids and other PED's will continue. Roy, I'm sure you heard the recent reports re use in GOLF! I want to see outstanding performances but it's hard to believe any of them..(God Bless our local hero Cal Ripen Jr.)What amazes me the most is that these players are aware of the awful side effects..including shrinkage of certain parts, rage leading to murdering your family, suicide...I just can't wrap my brain around the whole thing...Cathy

27 (edited by ohiodawg13 2007-07-24 22:15:20)

Roy, sad, but true, allegations surfaced last weekend re: steroid abuse on the tour. In this case I don't think it's so much to do with strength as keeping muscles ie: back, wrists, knees, etc. the ones I feel after 18, healthy. Is nothing sacred??????

Think Clean,

J Dawg

P.S. If you want to lengthen your game meet me in Lake Tahoe someday for a round. You actually have to throttle down a club or two due to the altitude, not to mention the beautiful surroundings. Oh yeah in keeping with my own topic, bring lotsa money for green fees.

ROY - I agree with you about Bonds - I didn't go to the game to see him - I wish deeply
that he was not going to break Aaron's record, but he will and there's nothing we can
do about it.  You can also add the ex-Brewer Gary Sheffield to the steriod list - I hated
him when he was in Milw and still do - not the type of player we want here in WI.
And don't even get me started on Micheal Vick - I am an animal lover and what he did
goes way beyond steriods - I would fry him myself if I could.  I'm ranting here too....
Jac

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind.  Mick Jagger