Re: Covers you would love to hear Joe do

Jane H. wrote:
Don M wrote:
pcornell wrote:

"Working Man" - Rush

That would be pretty difficult to Bluesify smile

Well if anyone can, Joe can...plus if Phil mentions it enough, maybe Joe will consider it wink

Guess I forgot I already mentioned that one..........I'm in my own little world.........but that's OK, they know me there.

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Jane,

Good job with the lyrics to Desire by Mark Selby, you pretty much nailed um.  Honestly, I think that Desire is one of my favorite songs of all time.  Selby nails it.  No other song that I know has such a slow groovy build up, and then..

I BRRREEEEATTTHE YOU IIIIIIN....

That whole part gives me chills every single time.  I really love Selby's writing.  Kenny Wayne Shepherd's songs haven't been the same without him co-writing.  They are prefect for each other, and I think it shows on Live On.

I'd love to see Joe do a cover of it. I think he could really spice it up musically, and he has the voice to do it as well.  Sleby writes for so many people, esp. blues artists.  It's time he do one with Joe.

Nothin But Love,
Chris

http://www.myspace.com/chrismarcantonio

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

A Quitter Never Wins
In a Broken Dream - Python Lee Jackson
Driving Rain - Gov't Mule
I want you (she's so heavy) - Beatles

"growing older but staying immature"

http://www.myspace.com/rkomgt

Personally, I'd like to see Joe just do an album of all original material.  My favorites on his new cd are the ones he has penned himself.

pcornell wrote:

Although I have a pretty good idea where the original post came from..............I'll go ahead and add -

"Just Got Paid" - ZZ Top

I'll second the opinion that I'd be willing to wait longer for an all original CD and go with a "best of" to tide me over......the only problem is narrowing down the list of "best of" tracks.........might as well keep all the CD's in rotation!

PC

Wishes can come true!

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Most of Just Got Paid is an open E tuned guitar. It would be tough to replicate it live with only one guitar, but I think Joe could do it. I couldn't agree more how cool it would be to see Joe do that one!

Actually, I shouldn't have said 'most' is open E. A large part is OE and a large part is tuned standard.

Phil got his wish. You think there is hope for ours? Mandilishi?

Bob Dylan - Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat
Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie
Hendrix - Red House
ZZ Top - Waitin for the Bus
SRV - The House is Rockin
Gary Moore - Thats Why I Play the Blues
Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands to Yourself
Foghat - I Just Want to Make Love to You

Sean B.

Bluesfan927 wrote:

Hendrix - Red House

Joe and the fellas played most of this at the BiTS clinic in March.

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

Tara wrote:
Bluesfan927 wrote:

Hendrix - Red House

Joe and the fellas played most of this at the BiTS clinic in March.

If you look at the schedule for "Guitar Town" on July 30th - there is an all star jam scheduled for 5:15 PM.......you never know what song(s) will be played and who will be in on that jam.

I know for sure if you have an opportunity to see Joe on this day, make sure you get there. And DO NOT leave prior to the all star jam.

PC

Bob Seger's - "Turn The Page"

***   "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..."   ***             Ozzy Osbourne

I whole heartedly agree that when Joe covers a tune it has his own signature on it when it's done. Covers I'd like to hear would be Rory's " I wonder who ", and this might sound whack, but a bluesier version of " Tombstone Shadow " by CCR. Think that one over.
                                                                                              J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

jdh8668 wrote:

Personally, I'd like to see Joe just do an album of all original material.  My favorites on his new cd are the ones he has penned himself.

I totally agree !  I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but this topic about covers Joe should do seems to come up way too often.  It almost seems a little insulting to Joe.  It's like saying, "I love your music, but..."

Brett wrote:
jdh8668 wrote:

I totally agree !  I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but this topic about covers Joe should do seems to come up way too often.  It almost seems a little insulting to Joe.  It's like saying, "I love your music, but..."

Yeah! My favorite songs: "My Mistake" and "Takin' the Hit" are originals.

"Killing Floor"-Howlin' Wolf (I think)
"I Aint Superstisious"-Howlin' Wolf
"If Its The Blues"-Rick Derrenger

"The World misses his music, but I miss my brother."
-Jimmie Vaughan

Brett wrote:
jdh8668 wrote:

If Joe thought covers were insulting, he wouldn't be doing them.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

John M wrote:
Brett wrote:
jdh8668 wrote:

If Joe thought covers were insulting, he wouldn't be doing them.

I didn't say Joe shouldn't do covers, I love them.  It's just that I have been on this message board for a few years and there is always a "covers Joe should do" thread.  I think Joe gets better with every album and shouldn't have to see a "you should play this, or you should play that" every time he looks at his own fan site.  Just my opinion.  I love you all !

I can't be the only one who feels this way ?