Topic: Covers you would love to hear Joe do

OK, I know this thread has been around before.... but was wondering what tunes new and old members alike, would love to hear Joe do as a cover. Not your favorite oldie, but a true bluesy rock solid song of the past, that Joe could do... only as Joe can do.

One of mine would be "Rock Candy", written by Ronnie Montrose, Sam Hagar, Bill Church & Dennis Carmassi.

Rory Gallagher, Leslie West, Johnny and Edgar Winter tunes would be in my top ten as well.

What's yours?

Glen Winfrey

***   "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..."   ***             Ozzy Osbourne

Re: Covers you would love to hear Joe do

Was just thinkin about this as I was watchin the Rory DVD

"A Million Miles Away" would be killer, and a nice mix with his current material

"Going Down" Jeff Beck version

I THINK ( & HOPE ) we're going to hear WHITE ROOM in the near future. I heard the band do it last Thursday during the sound check. It seemed like they were putting a polish on it for us. It was FLAT-OUT AWESOME !!

<G>
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”  Theodore Roosevelt

Whipping Post.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

5 (edited by BodaZoffa 2006-06-12 03:32:05)

Texas Flood.... gives me goosebumps jsut thinking about it.

"Machine Gun"

Trower's " Day of the Eagle"

<G> wrote:

I THINK ( & HOPE ) we're going to hear WHITE ROOM in the near future. I heard the band do it last Thursday during the sound check. It seemed like they were putting a polish on it for us. It was FLAT-OUT AWESOME !!

Yes!! I am listening to white room right now, and would love to hear it done by Joe!

Peace and Love!

Joe could cover just about any song that he wants to and it would great.  I really prefer original music over covers when it comes to artist but when Joe covers a song he really makes it his own. 

With that being said, I would like to hear "It ain't my cross to bear" by the Allmans Brothers Band.  This was on their first album.  With the lead in and then the killer vocals, Joe and band would smoke on that one.

Music is good for the Soul...

I'M Leaving You (commit a crime)

Black Magic Woman/Heartbreaker Medley

All Right Now

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

BodaZoffa wrote:

Texas Flood.... gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

I would have to agree with this!  I'm sure Stevie would be proud to have Joe cover any of his songs....

Thanks for keeping it real Joe!!!

Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul - Plato

I see a few Allman Bros. requests here and I'll concur. I'd vote for "One Way Out" or "Stand Back"? (Eat a Peach)

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

"Riviera Paradise" by SRV.  The most beautiful song he ever played. Joe would do it justice.

<G> wrote:

So much for an obscure cover.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

Hey, he did Are You Experienced.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Deezer wrote:

Hey, he did Are You Experienced.

I wouldn't call that one of Jimi's more well known songs.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

"Hungry Like the Wolf"

I would like to request that "All-Original SG" be banned from further posting on this forum