Re: Covers you would love to hear Joe do

I don't have any specific song titles, other that my previous suggestion of Joe covering SRV's Riviera Paradise, but I would really love to see him perform something a little jazzy, just to see how he would do it, where he would go with it in a live performance- I think he would be fantastic. 

I've also always wanted to see him do some chicken pickin' onstage, but I know it's probably a little too country for him.  Revenge of the 10 Gallon Hat is a family favorite over here, and we'd love to see him do that, or something like it.

fairy's wear boots...

'Lady Love' from Robin Trower is a song Joe can do many things with....there are many more but this one has great melody and room for guitar solo's and improvisation and interpretation.

Let it Rain- Clapton

Money(I'll Give You) .....Peter Frampton
I Don't Need No Doctor...Humble Pie

scottphilly

Since I've Been Lovin You - Led Zepplin
Sweet Home Chicago - Fog Hat
Arrested While Drivin Blind - ZZ Top
Snakeskin Cowboy - Ted Nugent

Take Care
Capt. Kirk

Sinner's Prayer

-love that song!

"The World misses his music, but I miss my brother."
-Jimmie Vaughan

Capt.Kirk wrote:

Since I've Been Lovin You - Led Zepplin

Capt. Kirk

Funny, I was just listening to this song yesterday, and thought I'd love to hear Joe play it.. not only would he do a great job playing it, but he would kick major a$$ singing it.

Jane H. wrote:

At this point in time though I would really like to hear what Joe would do with Joe Walsh's The Confessor.

Good call, but I'd prefer "Stop" from the James Gang.  Anybody know this phenomenal Joe Walsh tune?  What a Gr8 jam song!

L8r,,, John

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

Capt.Kirk wrote:

............Arrested While Drivin Blind - ZZ Top

Take Care
Capt. Kirk

I could also hear Joe do a nasty, greasy version of "Jesus Just Left Chicago", both guitar wise and vocally. Especially since Joe works from one point to the other and all points in between!

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

I haven't grown tired of Tea for One yet...the keyboards are a nice addition and of course Joe's guitar work is incredible.
KV

Working Man - Rush

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

either jimis machine gun or the abb Dreams would be amazing Joe could do justice to Duanes slidework on that which nobody really has. That would be sweet

Travelling Riverside Blues - Led Zeppelin

“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”
-Jimmy Page

I am a little late on this post... haven't been on-line a lot lately. Actually first time using the new board. Any way my cover wish list is:

The Seventh Son of the Seventh Son- Rory Gallagher
When A Guitar Plays The Blues- Roy Buchanan
Minstrel In The Gallery (New Edit)- Jethro Tull
The Messiah Will Come Again- Roy Buchanan or Gary Moore (both verison are good)
There's a hole- Gary Moore
It Ain't My Cross To Bear- The Allman Brothers
If I Had Possession Over Judgment Day- Robert Johnson or Eric Clapton (either version) I see Joe smokin' this one on the resonator!
Hellbound Train- Savoy Brown

Does not have to be that exact order.

The Thrill is gone.

"Working Man" - Rush

pcornell wrote:

"Working Man" - Rush

That would be pretty difficult to Bluesify smile