Topic: High Power Tweed Twin Speakers

Hello all, long time fan, first time posting on the forum.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows which speakers Joe is using in his Victoria 80212 model or his Fender HP tweed twins. I read references to the brands but never an exact model. I have read Eminence and Celestion but never an exact model. I am not in a position to go searching and paying top dollar for some out of production models so current models would be great.

Can someone help me with this?
Thanks!

Re: High Power Tweed Twin Speakers

These days, it's hard to tell. Probably something vintage.
I'd like to know if he's running EVM12Ls in any of his current stage amps.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I have been doing a bit more reading and researching and the model from Celestion he was referring to is the G12k-85 which has now been replaced with the G12K 100. I have been looking for pair in 8 ohm impedance but so far have only found 16 ohm.

A pair in 16ohm would give you 8ohm.
A pair in 8 ohm will give you 4ohm.
You might want to go for the 16's... big_smile

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hey Guys, 
      A high power twin is 4 ohms. I use two 8 ohms to make 4.  Celestion 80 watt speakers sound great right outta the box.
Joe B

Hi Joe, I'm David Egea from Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA.
Last month I was in Seattle (in Boeing Company on a training) and I found your Victoria 80212 (loaded with the Celestions) at Emerald Music. I tried it and I bought it...
This amp is so delicious! and very rare (hard to find) here in SouthAmérica.
And the best part is that it is in perfect condition of care.
THANX!

I hope you will comeback to play in Argentina!
Best wishes...

David.-

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey Guys, 
      A high power twin is 4 ohms. I use two 8 ohms to make 4.  Celestion 80 watt speakers sound great right outta the box.
Joe B