Re: Bona-Trivia

I have number 3 but don't think it is fair if I answer. Actually was going to be my question when I took a turn. No fair Michael asking three questions unless it has a Three Kings tie in.

Re: Bona-Trivia

I think whoever knows #3 better just say it... we could be here a while. ;-)

Re: Bona-Trivia

I don't know the answers to any of them but man You guys are awesome.  I have learned so much since Michael posted this question. I had no idea Joe filled in for Roger.  Wow.  Love this bona trivia

Re: Bona-Trivia

ZeyerGTR wrote:

I think whoever knows #3 better just say it... we could be here a while. ;-)

This is from the Syracuse New Times in 1996: 


The Music Buzz


The comeback show by Yorkville blues guitar prodigy Smokin' Joe Bonamassa was abruptly cancelled at the Beginning II June 8, after a disagreement between the artist's management and the manager of the East Syracuse nightclub. Opening act Dirty Pool played out the evening in place of Bonamassa's new trio Smokin' Joe's Vault. But stay tuned for the further adventures of Smokin' Joe: where there's smoke there's fire.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

Re: Bona-Trivia

=o|-[ wrote:
ZeyerGTR wrote:

I think whoever knows #3 better just say it... we could be here a while. ;-)

This is from the Syracuse New Times in 1996: 


The Music Buzz


The comeback show by Yorkville blues guitar prodigy Smokin' Joe Bonamassa was abruptly cancelled at the Beginning II June 8, after a disagreement between the artist's management and the manager of the East Syracuse nightclub. Opening act Dirty Pool played out the evening in place of Bonamassa's new trio Smokin' Joe's Vault. But stay tuned for the further adventures of Smokin' Joe: where there's smoke there's fire.

Ah, but what of the question if Smokin' Joe's Vault never performed publicly?  IS that still a band? hmm  Did you ever see or hear of them performing as a group, John? wink  Just playing along on a long wait... smile


Rock ON & Keep The Faithful of Wait@anyrate.edu,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

78 (edited by =o|-[ 2015-07-14 20:32:18)

Re: Bona-Trivia

Rocket wrote:

Ah, but what of the question if Smokin' Joe's Vault never performed publicly?  IS that still a band? hmm  Did you ever see or hear of them performing as a group, John? wink  Just playing along on a long wait... smile

GREAT question Rocket!  unfortunately I can't answer that.  I did find another source to show Smokin' Joe's Vault but it is only for that same show (that never was). http://blog.syracuse.com/listenup/2009/ … joe_b.html


I always wondered if this was the original name for the 1st incarnation of the Joe Bonamassa Band (with Tony Cintron on drums & Creamo Liss on bass).  All I know is that was the only time I heard about Joe performing between the last Bloodline show I saw & my 1st JBB show.  I was always looking for any info on him playing anywhere near CNY & never saw anything else except that one Vault show, but I have no idea about if he played anywhere outside of CNY with the Vault.


from The Post-Standard in 1996, after Bloodline had disbanded and Smokin' Joe's Vault had begun.


The teen guitar wizard's back.


Smokin' Joe Bonamassa isn't with Bloodline anymore. And his new project, Smokin' Joe's Vault, brings an entirely different sound from the guy who loved the blues practically from the crib. Bonamassa unleashes his psychedelic jazz side at 10 p.m. Saturday at Beginning's in East Syracuse. Syracuse hot blues outfit Dirty Pool opens. Cover charge is $4. "This is just another side of me musically, " said Bonamassa, who spent three years with famous offspring of Berry Oakley, Robbie Kreiger and Miles Davis in Bloodline. "I really loved being able to perform my songs and sing them myself. I have always played around with musical variations when I was alone and on my own, but I never felt comfortable playing this music in public. "As I spent more and more time messing around with these songs, only then did I realize the potential of the music and gained belief in myself to bring them to life, " the New York Mills native said.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

Re: Bona-Trivia

=o|-[ wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Ah, but what of the question if Smokin' Joe's Vault never performed publicly?  IS that still a band? hmm  Did you ever see or hear of them performing as a group, John? wink  Just playing along on a long wait... smile

GREAT question Rocket!  unfortunately I can't answer that.  I did find another source to show Smokin' Joe's Vault but it is only for that same show (that never was). http://blog.syracuse.com/listenup/2009/ … joe_b.html


I always wondered if this was the original name for the 1st incarnation of the Joe Bonamassa Band (with Tony Cintron on drums & Creamo Liss on bass).  All I know is that was the only time I heard about Joe performing between the last Bloodline show I saw & my 1st JBB show.  I was always looking for any info on him playing anywhere near CNY & never saw anything else except that one Vault show, but I have no idea about if he played anywhere outside of CNY with the Vault.


from The Post-Standard in 1996, after Bloodline had disbanded and Smokin' Joe's Vault had begun.


The teen guitar wizard's back.


Smokin' Joe Bonamassa isn't with Bloodline anymore. And his new project, Smokin' Joe's Vault, brings an entirely different sound from the guy who loved the blues practically from the crib. Bonamassa unleashes his psychedelic jazz side at 10 p.m. Saturday at Beginning's in East Syracuse. Syracuse hot blues outfit Dirty Pool opens. Cover charge is $4. "This is just another side of me musically, " said Bonamassa, who spent three years with famous offspring of Berry Oakley, Robbie Kreiger and Miles Davis in Bloodline. "I really loved being able to perform my songs and sing them myself. I have always played around with musical variations when I was alone and on my own, but I never felt comfortable playing this music in public. "As I spent more and more time messing around with these songs, only then did I realize the potential of the music and gained belief in myself to bring them to life, " the New York Mills native said.

I have a publicity photo from this band signed by Joe. It was a band whether they played or not I have no idea.

Re: Bona-Trivia

Have we got an answer now?
Are we using Google?
It's a great topic but needs to move on.

Lester....

81 (edited by Rocket 2015-07-15 13:37:07)

Re: Bona-Trivia

Lester wrote:

Have we got an answer now?
Are we using Google?
It's a great topic but needs to move on.

Lester....

BAH!  Go shave your beard if this is getting too long await! yikes tongue

Educating the Bonamasses is not trivial...

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

PS-Yeah But, C'mon Michael! Answer UP
PPS-Didn't Smokin' Joe's Vault perform Stratus on local television?  Creamo Liss played bass still, but Tony Cintron wasn't drumming yet?! BAH!  Memory fades like blue jeans... hmm

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Bona-Trivia

BAH!  Go shave your beard if this is getting too long await! yikes tongue

I think you have mistaken me for someone who cares!
Trivia is just that, a bit of fun not to be taken too seriously.
Whether Smokin Joe's Vault existed or not is of little consequence to me.
P.S. I don't have a beard.

Lester..

Re: Bona-Trivia

So here are the answers

Q1   Shortest = Junction 61 / Had To Cry Today =  48 Seconds   
       Longest  = Just Got Paid / Live From Nowhere in Particular = 17:52


Q2   She's Got A Trucker's Appetite are Lyrics from "No Love On The Street" on Dustbowl CD



Q3   The is Answer is  "Gasolene"

i have a full page newspaper advert of Gasolene's first show given to me kindly by Bob Acquaviva when i visited Bonamassa Guitars in Utica in 2011, its dated February 20th 1997 with lots of interview material and a small poster stating show Gasolene and Gridley Paige at 9pm at
Captain's Trip Rainforest Preserve, 2005 Genesee St, Utica, Cost $6 with $1 to the American Red Cross Utica Chapter fire relief fund,
The Band consisted of Joel Ciotti on Bass, Lenny Milano on Drums, Bob Acquaviva on Guitar & Joe Bonamassa on Guitar and Vocals playing Alternative Rock and Produced by Little Steven van Zandt of Bruce Springsteen fame

The Question is has Anyone got any live tapes audio or videos of Gasolene  cool
something tells me from my recollection with Bob that Gasolene only lasted 6 months and only done a handful of shows, it was indeed a name change from Smokin Joe's Vault and a merge there after
A void time in Joe's careeer although he was still active only a few will know what happened between Bloodline & A New Day Yesterday CD

Thank you everyone for the posts 

........... Michael

i have some more way out Bona Trivia in the vault  wink

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Re: Bona-Trivia

Lester wrote:

BAH!  Go shave your beard if this is getting too long await! yikes tongue

I think you have mistaken me for someone who cares!
Trivia is just that, a bit of fun not to be taken too seriously.
Whether Smokin Joe's Vault existed or not is of little consequence to me.
P.S. I don't have a beard.

Lester..

BAH!  You've mistaken me for someone who was/is serious.  My post got Michael to answer.  The reference to shaving a beard was actually an inference to trigger Michael, indicating, as you were, that he was taking too long on his cheating question(s).

But rest assured, Smokin' Joe's Vault, Gasolene, & Bloodline ALL matter to many others here. 

Why don't you offer up next question, Lester? smile Or pass..., your call!

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

PS-I knew #3 cuz I was there with Michael when were were enlightened wink

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

85 (edited by =o|-[ 2015-07-16 17:52:56)

Re: Bona-Trivia

jim m wrote:
=o|-[ wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Ah, but what of the question if Smokin' Joe's Vault never performed publicly?  IS that still a band? hmm  Did you ever see or hear of them performing as a group, John? wink  Just playing along on a long wait... smile

GREAT question Rocket!  unfortunately I can't answer that.  I did find another source to show Smokin' Joe's Vault but it is only for that same show (that never was). http://blog.syracuse.com/listenup/2009/ … joe_b.html


I always wondered if this was the original name for the 1st incarnation of the Joe Bonamassa Band (with Tony Cintron on drums & Creamo Liss on bass).  All I know is that was the only time I heard about Joe performing between the last Bloodline show I saw & my 1st JBB show.  I was always looking for any info on him playing anywhere near CNY & never saw anything else except that one Vault show, but I have no idea about if he played anywhere outside of CNY with the Vault.


from The Post-Standard in 1996, after Bloodline had disbanded and Smokin' Joe's Vault had begun.


The teen guitar wizard's back.


Smokin' Joe Bonamassa isn't with Bloodline anymore. And his new project, Smokin' Joe's Vault, brings an entirely different sound from the guy who loved the blues practically from the crib. Bonamassa unleashes his psychedelic jazz side at 10 p.m. Saturday at Beginning's in East Syracuse. Syracuse hot blues outfit Dirty Pool opens. Cover charge is $4. "This is just another side of me musically, " said Bonamassa, who spent three years with famous offspring of Berry Oakley, Robbie Kreiger and Miles Davis in Bloodline. "I really loved being able to perform my songs and sing them myself. I have always played around with musical variations when I was alone and on my own, but I never felt comfortable playing this music in public. "As I spent more and more time messing around with these songs, only then did I realize the potential of the music and gained belief in myself to bring them to life, " the New York Mills native said.

I have a publicity photo from this band signed by Joe. It was a band whether they played or not I have no idea.

I know it's not my turn for a question, but... Who was in the band Smokin' Joe's Vault?  Names please

I guess I should add that I do NOT know the answer but I really want to know it.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

86 (edited by Jane H. 2015-07-16 18:31:43)

Re: Bona-Trivia

well since =ol-[ said he doesn't know, his question will be outside the trivia game
I don't know if these folks were Smokin Joe's Vault or not but with Rocket's hints i remembered this youtube with Joe, Lenny Milano on drums and Greg "Creamo" Liss on bass. Miles of Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ23SFHDu4E
edit: I have gotten confirmation (I call it official) this was Smokin Joe's Vault

regarding my comment the other day about what Lee said , I tried to find the interview link but not coming up with it so it may hvae been somewhere other than i thought. anyway IIRC, Joe once said that to come up with the title of "Palm trees, helicopters and Gasoline" he just looked out the window and noted the first three things he saw. IIRC he was in LA at the time?

anyway i also nominate Lester for next question, please

Re: Bona-Trivia

Joe has a track titled "India" on the Sloe Gin album.

My question is...

Where and when did Joe play his first (and only)concert in India?

I seem to remember Joe and the band flew to the venue, played and flew straight back to UK to start a tour which I thought was quite impressive!

Lester..

Re: Bona-Trivia

Apologies to Jane and Rocket who appear to have taken exception to my previous post.
The comment " little consequence" actually refers to the dictionary meaning of Trivia.
I am not a wordsmith like Rocket, nor do I have a great knowledge of Joe, other than listening to his music and attending concerts.
I have no intention of trivialising the contributions made by other members of the forum who have taken the time and made the effort to enlighten others.
My mistake for taking the topic subject literally.
Lester..

Re: Bona-Trivia

Lester wrote:

Joe has a track titled "India" on the Sloe Gin album.

My question is...

Where and when did Joe play his first (and only)concert in India?

I seem to remember Joe and the band flew to the venue, played and flew straight back to UK to start a tour which I thought was quite impressive!

Lester..

A festival in Mumbai at the MMRDA Grounds, Bandra on 9th February 2008 which happened to be my birthday.

Re: Bona-Trivia

jim m wrote:
Lester wrote:

Joe has a track titled "India" on the Sloe Gin album.

My question is...

Where and when did Joe play his first (and only)concert in India?

I seem to remember Joe and the band flew to the venue, played and flew straight back to UK to start a tour which I thought was quite impressive!

Lester..

A festival in Mumbai at the MMRDA Grounds, Bandra on 9th February 2008 which happened to be my birthday.

Well done Jim,
Would someone else like to name the festival for a bonus point?

Lester....