Re: Bona-Trivia

I know #3, but will leave it for someone else.  Good question.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

Stuck on #1 ... not gonna peek at my iPod Joe Playlist ... smile  (good questions.)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Michael wrote:

OK lets have a go at this

Q2   Medium   What Line is This Song From      " She's Got a Truckers Appetite "

l

......."'cuz there ain't....no.....lo-UH UH ove.......ain't no love in the street!"

"You can't put a price on cool."

Michael wrote:

OK lets have a go at this

Q1   Easy       In Time,   What is the Shortest and Longest Tracks on all of Joe's CD's

Q2   Medium   What Line is This Song From      " She's Got a Truckers Appetite "

Q3   Hard        What was The Name of The Band Joe was In between Bloodline and His Own 1st Album

...........  Michael

#1- shortest Stop! (never gets going), longest Mother Love (Mother Love lasts forever after all)
#2- has to be Lonesome Road Blues (truckers get hungry on the lonely road)
#3- Brewed Brood Of Broke Blues Bums

Rock the Jokeyoular Vain & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I know #1 and #2, no idea about #3.  I admit, I googled around for an answer but didn't see anything.

Aha, I think I found the answer to #3.  If I'm right, I didn't realize he worked with that band, although I knew he opened for them.

For #1, are we talking studio tracks, live tracks, covers, originals, or doesn't matter?  The answer varies if you leave out some of these options.

I'll have a stab at Q.1...

Longest.. just Got Paid from LFNIP

Shortest must be one of the instrumentals so I'll go for Palmtrees and Gasoline.

Lester

I would think the longest is the Jam in ANDY Live DVD.
It's like close to 20 min long.
When I found out what was missing from the cd, I ripped 2 tracks from Andy's dvd, and 2 tracks fit on 1 cd

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

ZeyerGTR wrote:

Aha, I think I found the answer to #3.  If I'm right, I didn't realize he worked with that band, although I knew he opened for them.

IF I'm correct about the answer to #3, it was very short lived, & the one time I went to see this band on 06/08/96 at "Beginning 1" in Dewitt NY they ended up canceling at the last minute (last second? ~ I got out of work, raced to the bar, & paid to get inside before I was told they were not performing that night, so I never got to see this band).  IIFC it was cancelled due to some kind of issue between the venue & the band(?).  Needless to say, I was extremely bummed. That would have been my first time seeing Joe perform since the last Bloodline show I saw on 01/16/95 & I had to wait until 08/15/99 to finally see him perform again.  I believe it was the original JoeB Band on 08/15/99 (the band seen in my avatar).

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

64 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2015-07-12 11:21:53)

Seems like a lot of people have a few of the answers, but nobody has all three.  Let's get guessing.

#1 - shortest is "Hey Baby" from DSOB - just over 1 minute, although it's not a full song.  Longest (that I know of) is "Django/Just Got Paid" from Live from Nowhere in Particular at over 17:00.  I don't have ANDY, so maybe there's a longer track there... My guess for longest studio track is Pain & Sorrow, it's just over 10 minutes.
#2 - "No Love on the Street"
#3 - my guess: Jethro Tull?

65 (edited by Michael 2015-07-12 14:21:55)

Zeyer and the rest of the gang

Q 1 ...  Lester is 50% Right   ( every CD Joe has been on )

Q 2 ...  Most of You Are Right

Q 3 ...  No One Is Right Yet

............. Michael

ps ...  lets wait a few more days to reveal  smile

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

66 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-07-12 19:08:24)

Still stuck on #1 (without looking at iPod Library) ... others did ask questions I had ... instrumental / live, etc. ...

Think I had #2 ... matching others ...

#3 ... can I buy a "G"?  (Do you have Wheel of Fortune on TV on your side of the Pond? ... but I think they only buy vowels smile ) ... you don't have to answer if I'm on the right track ... someone who has all 3 should do the final answer post.)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

67 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2015-07-12 20:48:48)

Not sure how accurate it is, or if there's anything missing, but Allmusic says Joe filled in for Roger McGuinn in between Bloodlines & New Day Yesterday.

Bloodline released a self-titled album, but Bonamassa wanted to move on. In summer 2000 he guested for Roger McGuinn on Jethro Tull's summer tour, later releasing his debut solo album, A New Day Yesterday.

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/joe-bona … /biography

This is a good triple decker question - you've got the whole forum family stumped!

I think its like the caveman cartoon , forum members are chipping away at block of answers to finally reveal lol

Q 1 ... for DougH  "Are You Experienced" would be correct if it were on the ANDY Live CD, but it is not, good try not CD unfortunately

Q 2 ... Is Done, Well Done cool

Q 3 ...  RoadcaseBoy  good homework smile  you can indeed buy a "?"  do you need some vowels

.......... Michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

69 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-07-13 10:43:25)

I don't think I have enough $!! ....  I'll start with an A. I'll start saving up for the others ... smile

I think I know the answer to all three, but I'll see if someone else gets it first (I think RoadcaseBoy knows the answer to #3).

Never thought about it before, but I think I now know how the songwriter came up with the title to part of question #1 - that is if my guess is correct.

72 (edited by Jane H. 2015-07-13 15:04:13)

ooooh oooh oooh i know the real answer to the guess Lee is making about the songwriter's reason for the song title for what i think he thinks is part of question 1!
i believe that what i think that Lee is thinking is incorrect, because i know what that songwriter said about the song title
IF i am thinking what i think i am thinking?
tongue
but the only reason i think this now is because i also think i know the answer to number two