Re: Bona-Trivia

I believe you are correct with that Jane but we'll let the question-master have the final say as there may be a more criptic answer.

Is that Joe's first nomination for a Grammy?

Lester...

Hey Lester.

Joe was nominated previously with Beth hart for "Seesaw."  Hoping he gets the win this time around.

Jane H. wrote:

Ok I think I got it. I do have an answer...that is correct...but i don't know if it is what is in Rocket's head!
Those artists and Joe are all up for a 2017 Grammy!

Great start!  This is a four part harmony question, and I'll give some cryptic clues in percentages. 

You are correct on the first 100%, Jane, nicely done.  Lester did well with his 50% attempt, however,...here's the pattern, a 4 part harmony consisting of four answers, with the clues bearing a percent value to unlock the four answer stages all related to Adele, David Bowie, Keith Urban, and finally, Joe Bonamassa:

• 1) 100% Yes, all are nominated for a Grammy Award! smile cool

• 2) 100%

• 3) 75%

• 4) 100%

Good Luck!!!!

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I'm thinking there may be a New York connection somewhere but have yet to find it.
This could run and run!

Lester

Lester wrote:

I'm thinking there may be a New York connection somewhere but have yet to find it.
This could run and run!

Lester

Nope to New York connection and I will set  about a week time limit for guesses... smile

Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

258 (edited by Rocket 2017-02-08 22:22:50)

I am unaware if Adele has a song on a movie soundtrack, while the other three all do if I am not mistaken.  Using that as an example, IF she has, that would be a 100% "type" clue.  If she has NOT, that would be THE 75% "type" clue.  However, soundtrack percentages are eliminated.  Nothing to do with soundtracks or movie song inclusions.  Not sure if it helps or makes worse, but there you go.  Try something.  Extra points for any pattern one may come up with, right or wrong, for fun at least, use the example of all are humans (100%), all are musicians (100%), and three of four are males (75%), and 100% have NOT performed during a Super Bowl halftime (100%) are used here to illuminate slightly...

Good Luck!

And the 100% all four have been nominated for a Grammy Award this year is the first 100% correct 100%

Rock ON & Keep The 100% type Faith,
Rocket

259 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2017-02-08 22:55:56)

Movie soundtracks could qualify as a 100%'er ... but realize doesn't count in this case. smile
Skyfall
https://youtu.be/mpPIFhdOJj0 (adeleVEVO)

... just wanted to dip my toe in ... been noodling this one from the beginning!

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Looks like per a quick google search to confirm that 3 of the 4 have performed at the Royal Albert Hall.  (Joe, Adele, and David Bowie).  I would have thought 100% but couldn't locate any indication that Keith Urban has performed there.  So I will list this one as a 75% category.

On a somewhat related note that doesn't meet the criteria, I also searched for Red Rocks.  Joe and Keith have performed there. Adele hasn't.  Very surprised to not find any indication of Bowie ever having performed at Red Rocks.

Can we circle back to Eye Color on this one?

Blue ... 87.5% smile

Actually ... doing a minute's worth of "fact" checking on the Net for my smart a** answer ... I learned David Bowie didn't have 2 different eye colors (irises) ... but the appearance of two colors due to one pupil being permanently dilated due to an eye injury.

Why Were David Bowie's Eyes Different Colors? Newsweek.com - Kevin Hunt 1/11/16
http://www.newsweek.com/why-david-bowie … ors-414061

so ... Color of eyes: 100% smile

This is fun. smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

262 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2017-02-09 15:35:00)

Jane H. wrote:
RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Can we circle back to Eye Color on this one?

Blue ... 87.5% smile

Actually ... doing a minute's worth of "fact" checking on the Net for my smart a** answer ... I learned David Bowie didn't have 2 different eye colors (irises) ... but the appearance of two colors due to one pupil being permanently dilated due to an eye injury.

Why Were David Bowie's Eyes Different Colors? Newsweek.com - Kevin Hunt 1/11/16
http://www.newsweek.com/why-david-bowie … ors-414061

so ... Color of eyes: 100% smile

This is fun. smile

This IS fun! but didn't we determine Joe's eyes are green big_smile ?

So are Adele's I think / thought ... but I got swept up in the Fun! smile ... actually ... thought only Urban's were true blue ... but looking at a couple of google Images ... his may be green as well. ... guess that's why eye color ... along with Soundtracks ... are not part of The Rocket "4".

263 (edited by Rocket 2017-02-09 23:53:12)

Nope to eye colors or Royal Albert Hall (or Red Rocks) appearances of any percentages.

Good try though, Konkman!  Not too shabby an attempted squeeze play on the David Bowie end around fake out either, but,... all unanswered answers are off track so far.   

But, since we have the leading vocal, so here's a celebration of sorts.  Dig this!  Whatcha hear there?!
https://m.soundcloud.com/thebluesmobile … he-grammys cool

Rock ON & Keep The who knows what may happen next Faith,
Rocket

They have all played the Hammersmith Odeon in London?

Lester...

265 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2017-02-10 22:47:16)

Lester wrote:

Lester...

It appears Lester hit a 100'er% ... smile

... also, how about ...

100% have placed an album in the top 10 (actually the top 8) of Billboard's 200.

100% have debuted an album at #1 in Billboard in their respective genre.

266 (edited by Rocket 2017-02-10 17:48:42)

Lester wrote:

Lester...

Nope.  No outside US of A connection.  There IS a common geographical denominator, but time and place and timing and space have a certain, shall we say, oddity, about them...

Rocket
ps- the 75% is not living versus no longer alive.

The second 100% has a direct correlation with the first 100% (again, use harmony for an analogy).  Mentioning Billboard was another awesome attempt, and one might say this may have a causal connection building a foundation perhaps, or at least moving a few degrees away from helpless, hapless, and hopeless! tongue

Rock ON & Keep The Faith for Goodynext Status,
Rocket

Ok, one more go at this one..

Capitol Records..

Urban is on their label, Bowie is EMI which is owned by Capitol, Bloodline were on the Capitol label and Adele used their recording studios on '25'.

A tenuous link but I'm sure Rocket will like it even if incorrect!

Lester....

Like it?!  I LOVE it!!! Fantastic!  HOORAY!!!! smile But,... You know the rest.

Capitol Records is famous for Studio A, and famous reverberation chambers, brainchild of a famous Lester, and famous for so many Hit records being recorded there.  There is the blinking Morse code light at the top that is our clue to the geographical link to the 4 percentage parts to the final answer(s).  Since Capitol has this incredible "famous" "track" "record"
which has helped, in many cases, either birthed, enhanced, sustained, elevated, and/or subsequently "awarded" the "Fame" (who are those cats singing "Is it any wonder I reject you first?") of many recording "stars,"...and you can now hopefully link (from 1750 provided, with a 7425 visit thrown in for even more FUN, to 1111 to conclude) some very tantalizing clues that (remembering the first 100% answer is solved) the second 100% trivial pursuit answer has a 50 per cent split on one hand and a seconded motion (regarding Joe only, not Adele, David Bowie, Keith Urban, or any other unnamed temporarily outta town personality) on the other........and the 75% has to obviously eliminate some one or some thing, some how, some way, or from some think............

REVISITING:
What do Adele, Keith Urban, David Bowie, & Joe Bonamassa all have in common besides humanity and musicianship?!...here's the pattern, a 4 part harmony consisting of four answers, with the clues bearing a percent value to unlock the four answer stages all related to Adele, David Bowie, Keith Urban, and finally, Joe Bonamassa:

• 1) 100% Yes, all are nominated for a Grammy Award!  THIS yearsmile cool

• 2) 100%

• 3) 75%

• 4) 100%

One of Konkman's responses (1/2=x%!) to this enigma holds a bit of light into the second 100% and it's 50% aspect, by the way...

cool and, Good Luck!!!! big_smile

Rocket

270 (edited by Rocket 2017-02-12 18:48:17)

sigh........

SO...:
What do Adele, Keith Urban, David Bowie, & Joe Bonamassa all have in common besides humanity and musicianship?!...here's the pattern, a 4 part harmony consisting of four answers, with the clues bearing a percent value to unlock the four answer stages all related to Adele, David Bowie, Keith Urban, and finally, Joe Bonamassa:

• 1) 100% Yes, all are nominated for a Grammy Award!  THIS yearsmile cool

• 2) 100% All 4 have previous Grammy nominations (Beth-Joe the 50% aspect ratio)

• 3) 75%  3 of the 4 are also previous Grammy Award winners

• 4) 100% Well, this was the part no one could answer until toadies vote results...was truly hoping with near 100% convocation commencement conviction of congratulations coming...but as General McAulliffe replied when surrounded on December, 22, 1944 at Bastogne, Belgium-NUTS! neutral Therefore Alex, the Final Jeopardized answer becomes-Joe Bonamassa and The Three Kings Band were 100% screwed at the 2017 Grammaticatypical Awards

Lester take it away with a new question, please!