Which one is "Batman" ?

Lester...

Re: Bona-Trivia

Lester wrote:

Joe gives names to some of his guitars.
Which one is "Batman" ?

Lester...

Oh! Oh! Raising my hand!
Batman is the one with the weird shaped metal piece. What is that thing called? Anyway, it's a 1960 LP with a bigsby. Don't think Joe has it anymore...

That's close enough Kat.
Here is the full description from Joe himself....

1960 Gibson Les Paul Standard in sunburst. Serial # 0-0137 indicates that it is one of the first batch of 1960 Les Paul’s produced. The early 60’s are virtually identical to 1959. They share the big neck profile, aniline dye that has the propensity to fade if exposed to sunlight. This particular example is named “Batman” by me and “The Babe” by its former owner and one of my great friends and fellow collector. I decided to rename the guitar to pay tribute to the unique factory installed Bigsby tailpiece and unique batman style cosmetic flange under the ABR-1 bridge. Ordered in 59 and delivered in early 1960 to its loving owner of 51 years. You say you want one just like this? Well you are in luck because Gibson reissued over 200 of them as collectors choice #3. The guitar resides happily in California.

-Joe B.

OK, I'm new at this, so I hope this isn't lame.

Can anybody name at least 7 different makes/models of guitars that Joe has used (shows/DVDs/studio) that AREN'T Gibsons or Fenders?

If I can think of 5 easily, then I am sure you guys can think of 10...

KatClark wrote:

OK, I'm new at this, so I hope this isn't lame.

Can anybody name at least 7 different makes/models of guitars that Joe has used (shows/DVDs/studio) that AREN'T Gibsons or Fenders?

If I can think of 5 easily, then I am sure you guys can think of 10...

Not my field of expertise so I won't be offering up ten or even five but I'd like to think Joe has played a Rickenbacker at some stage.
I'm sure he probably owns at least one but can't recall seeing him play one.

Lester..

Lester wrote:

Not my field of expertise so I won't be offering up ten or even five but I'd like to think Joe has played a Rickenbacker at some stage.

Lester..

Now, that's a trivia question sprung by another!!!  I don't recall one in that iconic Joe Collection Pureamidst Photograph...I'm unaware of him playing one live in the past 15 3/4 years...

See the Seymour Duncan interview and you'll find Joe does not favor them...

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

241 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-08-08 07:20:38)

Rocket wrote:
Lester wrote:

Lester..

Now, that's a trivia question sprung by another!!!  I don't recall one in that iconic Joe Collection Pureamidst Photograph...I'm unaware of him playing one live in the past 15 3/4 years...

See the Seymour Duncan interview and you'll find Joe does not favor them...

Rocket

Joe just happen to post up an iGram picture over the weekend ... he may be bending a bit on that ... smile

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIy6TGXBMWb … ebonamassa

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Regarding Joe's Instagram post, I am assuming "minty" has a different meaning in the US to that in the UK !

Lester...

I will jump in the mix here to at least get things moving with the trivia question.  I will preface by saying I don't have a trivia question to move things forward but hopefully I can at least contribute here and someone else can then ask the next question.  Maybe we can get to the answer by committee. 

I also am not 100% sure if the question is just asking for 7 different guitars in general that aren't Gibsons or Fenders or 7 different guitars by 7 different manufacturers.  I don't have 7 different manufacturers off the top of my head.  We could probably get close to 7 different ones just by going back and looking at the line-up for the Vienna Opera House show and the vast array of guitars Joe assembled for that gig.

Anyway, here are 7 different guitars from me that I know Joe has used specific to live/recording situations:

Ernie Ball Music Man Petrucci Baritone
Ernie Ball Music Man Dark Lord
Ernie Ball Music Man Custom Double Neck
Ernie Ball Music Man "Big Poppa" one off
Yamaha LJX36C Acoustic
Alvarez Yairi Acoustic
Gigliotti Joe Bonamassa GT Custom

I guess one could technically stretch the definition of "Gibson" and argue that Epiphone is a separate company and then use Joe's Epiphone Les Paul Models as a couple examples too.  But.....you could also argue Epiphone is part of Gibson.  In any case, there is a start.  Have at it everyone.  I look forward to seeing what else anyone comes up with.

rubyhope14 wrote:

Could also argue Epiphone is part of Gibson.?

rubyhope14 is spam. Sneaky kind that take a portion of what someone writes and repeats it. Please remove them.

Nice work, Konkman! The other brand I would have added to the list is Martin. I know Joe used a few for the Vienna show/DVD.

Those lyrics are from the song The revolution in me!

Hope you are having a great start of the week if you have any questions or need any help let me know I'm helping out street team Eric here at the J & R offices.

Thanks Sophie

Rusty wrote:

Okay, here we go, I've got another lyrics question. Which song has this lyric:
"Now it's mind over matter, Story of legends, you'll see...."

Jane H. wrote:

What color are Joe's eyes?

sorry I only look at the guitars.. is there someone behind the 59??

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Blues.

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

249 (edited by Rocket 2017-01-25 22:13:26)

I'm an anyone, and yes I do have a question...

What do Adele, Keith Urban, David Bowie, & Joe Bonamassa all have in common besides humanity and musicianship?!

Of course the answer is a bit trickier than you might imagine given the Rocket spin... big_smile  (read as you are bound to guess incorrectly tongue)

Rocket

Jane H. wrote:

I like Rocket's answer but they are green. Verified by Sandi...

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

I like Rocket's answer but they are green. Verified by Sandi...

Yes, offstage Joe Bonamassa's eyes are indeed green-hued...

Onstage however, they turn Blue (that's actually cyan) to deep blue.  ...depends on the material! wink

Rocket

Well I'm going to break the ice with a guess which is at least 50% correct and say Carmine Rojas has played bass for them.

Lester...

Rocket wrote:

I'm an anyone, and yes I do have a question...

What do Adele, Keith Urban, David Bowie, & Joe Bonamassa all have in common besides humanity and musicianship?!

Of course the answer is a bit trickier than you might imagine given the Rocket spin... big_smile  (read as you are bound to guess incorrectly tongue)

Rocket