Re: Bona-Trivia

Rusty wrote:
annaforjoe wrote:

Thanks, Lester. Here we go:

Please tell me two Jimi Hendrix`songs which were covered by Joe.

(Should there be another one in your opinion? If yes, which one? - Feel free to answer or not...)

Anna Laura

I'll take a stab at this one...

Hey Baby

Are you experienced

Joe also covered "If 6 was 9" and "Spanish Castle Magic" as sort of a two song medley.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:
Rusty wrote:
annaforjoe wrote:

Thanks, Lester. Here we go:

Please tell me two Jimi Hendrix`songs which were covered by Joe.

(Should there be another one in your opinion? If yes, which one? - Feel free to answer or not...)

Anna Laura

I'll take a stab at this one...

Hey Baby

Are you experienced

Joe also covered "If 6 was 9" and "Spanish Castle Magic" as sort of a two song medley.

Didn`t know that. Thanks for adding, Bill!

Jane H. wrote:
annaforjoe wrote:

Rusty, you got it!

Now it's your turn...

Come on Rusty! I love this thread

Before this thread will be vanishing on the next side I would like to suggest the following:

In the case that Rusty won`t  post another question till Wednesday included Jane, the thread lover should do it (because she gave a lot of input to the Hendrix`stuff)

Anna Laura

P.S. Just do it, Rusty!!!

202 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-11-29 14:56:39)

I like this Thread as well.  Don't feel I'm too qualified ... other than to lurk ... but to bump this Thread during the Intermission...

For $800 ... The Guitar shop that is featured in Joe's official release music video for Miss You / Hate You .... ?

and for Double Jeopardy Bonus Points ... how is it tied to the other "location" ... if you can name it ... featured in the video's story line?

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Not my turn, and I don't have the answer, but I was hoping someone could answer this:

What musicians play on these Christmas tunes by Joe?
2009-Merry Christmas Baby
2010-Santa Clause Is Coming Back To Town
2013-Christmas Date Blues
2014-Lonesome Christmas
2015-Christmas Boogie (One Little Kiss)

As far as I know these were the only Christmas tunes Joe created and gave away as free downloads.  If trhere were others, then please add them to the list as well.

Thanks... John

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

I like this Thread as well.  Don't feel I'm too qualified ... other than to lurk ... but to bump this Thread during the Intermission...

For $800 ... The Guitar shop that is featured in Joe's official release music video for Miss You / Hate You .... ?

and for Double Jeopardy Bonus Points ... how is it tied to the other "location" ... if you can name it ... featured in the video's story line?

Is it Chelsea Guitars / The Chelsea Hotel NY.

The shop is part of the hotel , I think.

Yes, I did have to watch the video for this one!

Lester...

205 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-12-10 12:35:49)

Lester wrote:
RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Is it Chelsea Guitars / The Chelsea Hotel NY.

The shop is part of the hotel , I think.

Yes, I did have to watch the video for this one!

Lester...

big_smile ... Lester is correct ... and honest! (admitting watching the video for the answer. smile)

Dan's Chelsea Guitars: http://www.chelseaguitars.com

and for your listening & viewing pleasure ...
Leonard Cohen's
Chelsea Hotel #1  (from Bird on a Wire DVD)
https://youtu.be/H4P95cJ-XTc

Chelsea Hotel #2 :
https://youtu.be/Xk7DOe5EGgM

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

206 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-03-17 20:30:23)

Jane H. wrote:

Next question. What year did Joe appear as a musical guest on the Lopez Tonight show????

big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3zbjHxVVxM&sns=sms

207 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-03-18 11:03:41)

Jane H. wrote:

lol that was funny but you have to post the answer in this thread
so its still up for grabs. post the correct answer and get to ask the next question
smile

smile ... 2010

Ok ... I'll stay with the Late Night shows theme ...

Joe has appeared on a few national Late Night shows during his career ...

What two songs have aired ... in their entirety ... on Late Night shows?

(Bonus points for naming the shows ... and airing dates.)

If you are including UK television shows, then Joe appeared for the very first time in the UK on the Jools Holland show, he played Lonesome Road Blues with the resident band.
Not sure of date but was possibly around the time of the first RAH concert.
It's probably on YouTube.

Lester...

https://youtu.be/GY-0j7g6OQ4

Here it is.

Lester...

210 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-03-26 21:57:35)

smile ... I was thinking US Late Night shows ... but you are right!! ... and I have checked for a repeat of that Jools episode every week ... for the past two years (ever since getting a dvd recorder) on the On TV screen guide (for Palladia / MTV Live)!!

They re-air episodes from that time period ... but never Joe's that I have seen. How could I have not thought to include it?!!

Thank u Lester! ... and I'll correct ... what 3 songs?.... smile (one down ...)
(PS: I was holding by breath on this question and my accuracy from the get go. smile )

I believe it originally aired 4/17/09. Season 34, Episode 2 (with Marrianne Faithful and Grandmaster Flash ... in case u ever see those names in ur TV screen guide smile )

211 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-05-02 07:01:53)

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Joe has appeared on a few national Late Night shows during his career ...

What two songs have aired ... in their entirety ... on Late Night shows?

(Bonus points for naming the shows ... and airing dates.)

Jane H. wrote:

both on Conan O'brien show
Stone Cold Hearted with Bloodline date? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb2-ZyF-kAs
Octopus-E with Rock Candy Funk Party 10/02/2014 http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1brd3 … onan_music

????

"And we're back!" ... "Before the commercial break, Jane H. was leading with a score of ... ."

Ding! Ding! Ding!

(Bloodline on Conan aired on 10/17/94)

(And a point goes to Lester with the addition of stating Joe appeared for the very first time in the UK on the Jools Holland show, he played Lonesome Road Blues with the resident band.) (aired 4/17/09.)

Jane H. wrote:

Lester you have a couple of turns saved up if you have any questions so please go ahead if you want.
Otherwise i will post one once i think of something

Feel free Jane, think I have exhausted my limited knowledge of little known facts about Joe.

Lester...

Arizona Diamondbacks.

I'm also a fan of Samantha Fish. What song has she and Joe both covered on studio albums?

timb wrote:

I'm also a fan of Samantha Fish. What song has she and Joe both covered on studio albums?

"Who's been talking "- Howling Wolf?

Lester...

That's it. Next question is yours.